Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Letcher Co. Central 74 Owsley Co. 50
Letcher Co. Central 16 30 13 15 74

Owsley Co. 14 7 12 17 50

Letcher Co. Central (2-0)--Bayes 10, Sexton 4, Whitaker 8, Meade 22, Eldridge 14, Breeding 4, Cornette 5, Boggs 2, Thomas 5.
Owsley Co. (0-1)--Turner 17, Wright 2, C. Brandenburg 2, Pullins 2, Wilson 3, Allen 2, K. Brandenburg 2.

Kentucky.com
When Meade puts in 22 this team will be hard to beat. Good road win! Good luck today against Franklin Co!
Wright had 22 points for Owsley, not 2 as was listed in the first post.

Owsley has just 8 players, and two of them, Wright and Turner, had 39 of the 50 Owsley points. They played hard but Letcher's depth wore them down. The second quarter was the one that killed them. They held their own the other 3 quarters, but the damage was done.

Letcher Central has a very good team, and a great future. Many of their players are freshmen and sophomores. The only thing they lack is a big center in the 5'10 to 6'+ mold, but they make up the difference with a very scrappy hard working team and good shooters. They have good depth as well. And they are well coached.
I think two of the better coaches in the region were facing each other last night. Green does a good job for Owsley considering the size of their school.
LOOKAYANNER Wrote:Wright had 22 points for Owsley, not 2 as was listed in the first post.

Owsley has just 8 players, and two of them, Wright and Turner, had 39 of the 50 Owsley points. They played hard but Letcher's depth wore them down. The second quarter was the one that killed them. They held their own the other 3 quarters, but the damage was done.

Letcher Central has a very good team, and a great future. Many of their players are freshmen and sophomores. The only thing they lack is a big center in the 5'10 to 6'+ mold, but they make up the difference with a very scrappy hard working team and good shooters. They have good depth as well. And they are well coached.
I think two of the better coaches in the region were facing each other last night. Green does a good job for Owsley considering the size of their school.

I agree.
Big win