Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shelby Co. 57 -Louisville Trinity 56
Shelby Co. 57 Louisville Trinity 56

Shelby Co. 18 21 9 9 57

Louisville Trinity 24 8 12 12 56

Shelby Co. (2-0) -- Hicks 13, Beckley Jr. 9, Elzy 6, Tomlinson 7, Johnson 20, Beach 2.
Louisville Trinity (0-1) -- Corbett 4, Foster 5, Saxton 3, Perito 3, Diedudonne 8, Sewell 8, Armstrong 4, Epley 21.
Kentucky.com
Big win for Shelby. I see they held Sewell to 8 points. I wonder if him and Hicks was matched up against each other?
tezzy859 Wrote:Big win for Shelby. I see they held Sewell to 8 points. I wonder if him and Hicks was matched up against each other?
Sewell stayed in foul trouble the entire game, he only played about 12 minutes.
I know Shelby Co is the favorite in the 8th region but for them to beat Trinity surprises me some.
Thought Trinity would win this one. Sewell must have been parked for quite awhile.
December 4, 2009

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Shamrocks Suffer One Point Setback in Opener
Sewell Limited to 12 Minutes Due to Fouls
LOUISVILLE, Ky. –Trinity senior Mr. Basketball candidate Josh Sewell was limited to just over 12 minutes of play due to foul trouble and was limited to just eight points as a result as Trinity suffered a 57-56 setback to Shelby County.
Sewell scored 25 points against Scott County and 18 points against Bowling Green in pre-season play.
Senior Taylor Epley hit his first four three-point attempts in the game and finished the game with a game high 21 points.
Trailing 32-27, Shelby County ended the half with a 12-0 run to take a 39-32 lead at the half with Sewell being forced to the bench with two fouls.
Sewell scored the first four points on the third quarter to narrow the lead to 39-36 before picking up his third foul. Corbett then nailed a three-pointer from the wing to lock the score at 39-39.
Trinity’s trademark defense made an appearance to start the second half, holding the Rockets scoreless until the 3:26 mark of the period, ending an 8-0 run to start the period.
Sewell returned to the game and played just seconds before picking up his fourth foul.
A steal and basket by Charles Foster with 6:08 remaining in the game cut the lead to 51-48 and an Epley basket with 4:52 cut it to 51-50.
An Epley three with 3:19 remaining gave Trinity its first lead since late in the second quarter at 55-53 but the Shamrocks were unable to hold.
Trinity returns to action on Tuesday, December 8, 2009 when the Rocks travel to Oldham County. Tipoff is set for 7:30 p.m. Trinity returns home on Dec. 15, 2009 against Ballard.
Notes
• Troy Saxton scored his first career points in the first quarter.
• Nathan Dieudonne scored his first career points in the first quarter.