Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry @ Ashland 2006
What do you people think about this being played at Putnam?
I think that it is basketball season and we should worry about it next year. Wink
I think it is an honor to play Ashland in Ashland! They are a great program that will only make Belfry better later when they play Russell! Is this only a one year deal?
I was hoping we would pick up Ashland again and renew our rivalry with the Tomcats.
I also think it will be just as good a tune up game as Ironton would be for the run to our 3rd AA State Championship in 2006
Well considering the end to the Ironton/Ashland game last season it should be roughly a good fix. It is sad to hear that it is only a one year deal as of now. Along with it being a patch for Ironton, it will also be a reasonable measure stick against Russell since Ashland will be playing both.

You lose the hard nosed running the ball you had with Ironton, but you gain a more balanced attack based on speed rather than power. It will be interesting to see how Ashland starts the season next year. They are losing most of the stars off the team while retaining most of the others. Fields Davis should be the heart of the defense again next season as well as an upgrade in the backfield at FB behind an offensive line with a year of experience under their belt.
Isaw right now if they played belfry, the pirates would take it to em i think but right now its b-ball season and iam gonna worry about b-ball then football at this point. Wink
Wow, this is going to be one of Ashlands hardest games at Putnam next season.
Can someone give me detail about what Belfry will have next season?
that will be a great game..
9Cincy85 Wrote:Wow, this is going to be one of Ashlands hardest games at Putnam next season.
Can someone give me detail about what Belfry will have next season?

I think roughly the team they had this season but with more experience. Belfry was very young this season.
should be a great game. Will it be played towards the end of the season or the beginning
should be a good game ashland looses alot of talent but i think we'll still have a good team
RHS 08 Wrote:should be a great game. Will it be played towards the end of the season or the beginning

I was wondering this myself. Both teams are picking up this game because it was a rivalry in the past and because both teams won't be able to schedule ironton next season.

Ashland played them on Sept. 23 (week 6 after a bye)
Belfry played them on Oct. 21 (week 10 after a bye)

Ashland almost always plays all of their non-district game before playing ANY district games so that would lean me to think the game would be played around the 5th game of the season for each team (week 6 after a bye).

On the other hand, both Ashland AND Belfry were open on Aug. 26 (week 2) this past season and this could very well be where the game would be placed.

Any of the Belfry faithful out there have info on when the game will be played?
Havent heard yet, but cant wait for it to happen! Should be a great game.
Who all returns for Belfry from this year's team?
RHS 08 Wrote:should be a great game. Will it be played towards the end of the season or the beginning

Ashland usually plays Ironton midway through the season in late September, and Belfry usually plays them in their last regular season game, so I'm guessing the game between Belfry and Ashland will be played either in mid-season or at the end. Probably towards mid-season because Ashland is usually plays Boyd County in their last regular season game.
This will be a great game.
If it were going to be early in the season, Belfry could have kept the series with Ironton. My guess is it will be week 7 or 8, just like the Ironton games were