Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Owsley Co. 63 - Jackson Co. 59
Congrats OC
Congrats to the Owls! But, only winning by 4 points really doesn't look good for them because Jackson Co has absolutely nobody good on their team this year!
Owsley was ice cold from the field or the game probably would not have been close Jacskson packed in a zone and dared Owsley to shot 3's and they just was not falling last night. A normal shooting night and this would have been differet. Jackson also played veyr good together and very hard. Leave it to a Lee County fan to degrade another team.
speedy socks Wrote:Owsley was ice cold from the field or the game probably would not have been close Jacskson packed in a zone and dared Owsley to shot 3's and they just was not falling last night. A normal shooting night and this would have been differet. Jackson also played veyr good together and very hard. Leave it to a Lee County fan to degrade another team.

He does tend to downgrade other teams!
Was this at Jackson? If so, it is always hard to go into the 13th region and come away with a win. Congrats Owls!
I saw Jackson co. scrimmage Perry Central last week and they showed flashes of being a good team. It is a little tough to tell against a team like Perry, but I think Jackson has a decent, middle of the road type team. Plus, they play extremly hard and physical. So, I think that it was a good win for an underated Owsley Co. team.
speedy socks Wrote:Owsley was ice cold from the field or the game probably would not have been close Jacskson packed in a zone and dared Owsley to shot 3's and they just was not falling last night. A normal shooting night and this would have been differet. Jackson also played veyr good together and very hard. Leave it to a Lee County fan to degrade another team.

Well, Owsley is supposed to be tops in the 56th district this year or atleast that what i have heard from people and with a very close game at home to a kinda degraded Jackson Co team wouldn't make me think that the Owls are the team to beat in the 56th. Thats all im sayin.
Congrats to the Owls on the season opening win.
leecoukfan Wrote:Congrats to the Owls! But, only winning by 4 points really doesn't look good for them because Jackson Co has absolutely nobody good on their team this year!
Why knock Jackson Co.? Looks like you need to worry about your boys, didn't they get beat by 22 last night after you predicted a 3 point win?
Owsley is a lot better than they looked last night. However, they need to make some adjustments. They free lance too much, and jack up way too many 3's. They probably attempted 35 last night, and I think they made 4 or 5. And the whole team takes them, even players that shouldn't be. There doesn't seem to be any desinated shooters.
They need to work the ball inside a lot more. Their man defense didn't work very well either, and got them in foul trouble. They're a little slow for very much man defense. Different types of zone looks would work best for them imo.

I think they will be OK but they should have been smoother on offense than what they were, especially with every starter coming back from last year.
With adjustments I think they are the favorites to win this district and maybe a game in the regional tournament.
LOOKAYANNER Wrote:Owsley is a lot better than they looked last night. However, they need to make some adjustments. They free lance too much, and jack up way too many 3's. They probably attempted 35 last night, and I think they made 4 or 5. And the whole team takes them, even players that shouldn't be. There doesn't seem to be any desinated shooters.
They need to work the ball inside a lot more. Their man defense didn't work very well either, and got them in foul trouble. They're a little slow for very much man defense. Different types of zone looks would work best for them imo.

I think they will be OK but they should have been smoother on offense than what they were, especially with every starter coming back from last year.
With adjustments I think they are the favorites to win this district and maybe a game in the regional tournament.

Actually, not everyone was starters... Only Evans and Timmy Murrel was consistent starters. Last year, they had Hardy and Taylor, until Taylor got hurt.
one&onlybrain Wrote:Actually, not everyone was starters... Only Evans and Timmy Murrel was consistent starters. Last year, they had Hardy and Taylor, until Taylor got hurt.
I was referring to every starter from their district tournament game and the last several games of the season. All of them are back.