Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UK to the Music City Bowl???
read on another site that Larry Vaught, via Twitter is saying from Sources that UK is headed to the Music City Bowl.

this is From KSR:

Being the good UK fan that you are, you already know that Kentucky will be playing UNC this weekend in basketball, in what is officially the “national stage” opening game for the Calipari era. But now, the possibility of another UNC game is looming. The scuttlebutt currently roaming around the UNC websites is that the Music City Bowl wants to create a UK-UNC matchup on the gridiron. Now I am quick to add that during “Bowl Week”, the amount of misinformation you will hear is great, however this matchup does make sense. There is no way the Music City Bowl lets UK drop farther than their tier, and the idea of a “basketball game” on the gridiron, would be intriguing (although it would lead to hundreds of clever columnists writing, “this would be better if it were basketball”).

So what do you think? I know you want a better game…but could you get behind UK vs UNC in Nashville?

http://kentuckysportsradio.com/?p=36185

***Now, it’s only fair to point out that CBS projects UK in Nashville again, this time against Butch Davis (star power!) and his North Carolina Tar Heels (national buzz!), which would again offer the Cats a matchup that would make the fans say “oooooh”. Let’s hope for that.

http://kentuckysportsradio.com/?p=36187
wouldnt suprise me at all...against UNC
If I am not mistaken, wouldn't that be two pretty good teams in a bowl game. Wasn't UNC a top 25 team this year?
I think this is the most likely scenario and a game I would certainly be attending.

Chris Lowe from ESPN threw a curveball though as he had mentioned on a Nashville radio show that he was hearing whispers that despite the loss, UK is still being strongly considered for the Outback Bowl over Tennessee.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:I think this is the most likely scenario and a game I would certainly be attending.

Chris Lowe from ESPN threw a curveball though as he had mentioned on a Nashville radio show that he was hearing whispers that despite the loss, UK is still being strongly considered for the Outback Bowl over Tennessee.

That would be VERY interesting and I would LOVE it :Thumbs:
lwc Wrote:That would be VERY interesting and I would LOVE it :Thumbs:

I personally have no confidence it will happen, but if for some reason it did I would laugh my butt off all the way to Tampa.
^ I agree
We would send more fans to that game than UT, IMO cause fans travel wherever the cats are regarless. If we played in California, there would be a sea of blue.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
UK/UNC would be a whale of a football game, I know that. Butch Davis has done an excellent job rebuilding the Heels football team. I would like to see this matchup! I got a feeling Davis wont be at UNC next season so this could be interesting..
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
According to my sources, we won't know anything for sure till Saturday.
Auburn to the Big Bloomin Onion

http://auburn.rivals.com/

Big surprise here.
i've heard the chik-fil-a bowl all week and outback if we had won but who knows right? our boys should've been playing after new years but our OC didn't do his job when it came crunch time
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Auburn to the Big Bloomin Onion

http://auburn.rivals.com/

Big surprise here.
Thats crappy. A team we embarassed at their place.
Although it isn't official, UK will be going to the MCB.
Dave baker confirmed it music city bowl
kentucky will play miami hurricanes most likely if in music city bowl. cats pause saying its not official like baker said 50/50 papa or music city
I hope its UNC over Miami
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:I hope its UNC over Miami
either one UK should have chance to win. I think miami vs north carolina game was 33-24 North carolina won.
GOREDDEVILS Wrote:either one UK should have chance to win. I think miami vs north carolina game was 33-24 North carolina won.

I agree with that however, i want to beat them in basketball and football and watch their fans squirm lol
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:I agree with that however, i want to beat them in basketball and football and watch their fans squirm lol
a nashville paper has reported it will indeed be miami in the music city bowl
that would be a great game to watch
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
http://www.tennessean.com/article/200912...City+Bowl+

Tennessee will play Virginia Tech[Image: http://images.intellitxt.com/ast/adTypes..._10x10.gif] on New Year’s Eve in the Chick-Fil-A Bowl in Atlanta, and Kentucky is headed back to the Dec. 27 Gaylord Hotels Music City Bowl for the third time in four years, according to sources close to both bowls.

Official announcements aren’t expected until Sunday.
Tennessee (7-5), which was not eligible for a bowl last year, last played Virginia Tech (9-3) in the 1994 Gator Bowl and won 45-23.
The Vols played in the Chick-fil-A Bowl, formerly the Peach Bowl[Image: http://images.intellitxt.com/ast/adTypes/2_bing.gif], in 2004 and lost to Clemson 27-14. They also played in the 2002 Peach Bowl and lost to Maryland 30-3.
Kentucky (7-5) beat Florida State 35-28 in the 2007 Music City Bowl and Clemson 28-20 in the 2006 Music City Bowl. The Wildcats also lost to Syracuse 20-13 in the 1999 Music City Bowl.
Kentucky will represent the SEC and face an opponent from the Atlantic Coast Conference. Miami (9-3) and North Carolina (8-4) are likely candidates along with the loser of Saturday’s ACC championship game between Georgia Tech (10-2) and Clemson (8-4).
:redboxer:

"Swagger"

:redboxer:
On a side note:

For any casual UK football fan who has never been to a UK road game or bowl I STRONGLY reccomend going to Nashville. It is a great time, there will be a ton of UK fans, and LP Field is walking distance to Broadway and all the night spots. Nashville is probably my favorite city to go out in.. no cover charges....great music...and big crowds. It is not too far of a drive and the hotels are reasonable if you are willing to drive to the game.

Right now I am torn. I went to the last two MCB's and went to the Vandy game this year, but I have to spend Christmas on the Mississippi Coast and have a Redfish trip scheduled for the 26th down there. Driving to MS on Christmas Eve from Atlanta (7 hours), driving to Nashville from MS (8 hours) two days later, and driving back to Atlanta (4 hours) on either Sunday night late or taking a day off Monday, will be very expensive and very tiring.
i just got a call and the person told me that the louisville paper was saying another music city bowl for the cats,i guess we will see.........i hope so
cuppett777 Wrote:i just got a call and the person told me that the louisville paper was saying another music city bowl for the cats,i guess we will see.........i hope so

About 95% certain
Another MCB is better than no bowl at all.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
cougarpride08 Wrote:Another MCB is better than no bowl at all.

Its also better, IMO, than Liberty, Independence, and Papajohns Bowls.
South carolina fans were mad to put it nice that Kentucky got the mcb over them on south carolinas rivals site.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:On a side note:

For any casual UK football fan who has never been to a UK road game or bowl I STRONGLY reccomend going to Nashville. It is a great time, there will be a ton of UK fans, and LP Field is walking distance to Broadway and all the night spots. Nashville is probably my favorite city to go out in.. no cover charges....great music...and big crowds. It is not too far of a drive and the hotels are reasonable if you are willing to drive to the game.

Right now I am torn. I went to the last two MCB's and went to the Vandy game this year, but I have to spend Christmas on the Mississippi Coast and have a Redfish trip scheduled for the 26th down there. Driving to MS on Christmas Eve from Atlanta (7 hours), driving to Nashville from MS (8 hours) two days later, and driving back to Atlanta (4 hours) on either Sunday night late or taking a day off Monday, will be very expensive and very tiring.

I went to UK's 2nd MCB appearance and it was a good time. However, I dislike the stadium. I wonder how strong the UK showing will be. How many fans are not going to attend because they've "been there, done that?"
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]