Poll: Who wins the 4A Championship?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Lone Oak Purple Flash
23.81%
Boyle County Rebels
76.19%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lone Oak vs. Boyle County (4A State Championship)
Jack Lambert Wrote:Lone oak played Lexington catholic the 4th game of the season,by seasons end Lexington catholic was a totally different team.Trinity had to come from behind in the 4th quarter to beat Lex.cath.14 to 13.i think if lone oak & lex.cath.played later in the year the game would have been different.
:popcorn::Thumbs:
Twitter: @tc_analytics

Boyle Co by three td! As long as it's more than a FG! I have no nails left! I really hope each 107 kids get some PT. I know our scout team takes a beaten all year working with that great Defense. Go Rebels!! Welcome back to state!
Hatz Wrote:I see the key for the Rebels on Friday will be to control the ball and the clock. Boyle will need to make every possession count and the more they keep the Lone Oak offense off the field, the more likely the Rebels can win.

If Boyle can limit the big play from the Flash, and frustrate them it would go a long ways to a Rebel title. If Boyle can get an early lead and play defense, it could lead the Flash into mistakes they aren't accustomed to making.

We'll study things a little more and get a whole week to talk about them on here. I hope Braham keeps bringing us more detail on Lone Oak as the week unfolds. :Thumbs:

I absolutly do not think this will be a blowout. Lone Oak did not get to the State Finals by being a team that will be blown out by anyone. Boyle county has been beat over the top for some big plays and Lone Oak could throw some route's at them that springs someone uncovered for a long gain. That being said, I think Hester and French will have our Defense ready to go and will stand the day.

I think Hatz hit the key point for the game and that is if Boyle can somehow get up early Lone Oak could be in trouble because Boyle would keep it on the ground and burn some major clock. I just think Boyle has a better chance of stopping Lone Oaks offense more than Lone Oak will stop Boyle's O. IMO.
Boyle by 2+ tds
Lone Oak win with a surprise upset.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
boyle i think is to tough on the ground for the purple flash..bc by 3 tds
The Boyle County defense will be just to much for Lone oak Boyle wins it easy 42to6
35-21 Boyle

god i cant wait to see the outcome
Boy,this thread sure is dead so far this week,but i guess after last weeks thread with Bell co.ill not see another thread like it till next year.i never thought id say it,but i miss argueing with the Bell co.fans.:Thumbs:
I really think Boyle's gonna win but I believe the game will be decided in the fourth quarter. Lone Oak is a very good ballteam. I really don't understand why everyone thinks Boyle will walk through this game. We are not as good at stopping the pass as we are stopping the run and this quarterback is good.
I think this game will be decided by halftime or no later than the middle of the 3rd quarter.my reason for saying this is lone oaks schedule strength according to the massey ratings is 61st,in all classes,and 10th in 4a.they simply have not played anyone other than Lex. cath.all season.if Marion hadnt turned the ball over 4 times in the 1st half & lone oak turned those turn overs into 28 pts.it might have been a different game.i also think if they played Lex.cath.at the end of the season lex.cath.would have won.we match up size wise with them better than most of the teams we have played this year.
TheBrahmaBull Wrote:35-21 Boyle

On page 1 you picked Lone Oak 42-27. I guess you're just covering all the bases , huh?
Jack Lambert Wrote:I think this game will be decided by halftime or no later than the middle of the 3rd quarter.my reason for saying this is lone oaks schedule strength according to the massey ratings is 61st,in all classes,and 10th in 4a.they simply have not played anyone other than Lex. cath.all season.if Marion hadnt turned the ball over 4 times in the 1st half & lone oak turned those turn overs into 28 pts.it might have been a different game.i also think if they played Lex.cath.at the end of the season lex.cath.would have won.we match up size wise with them better than most of the teams we have played this year.

I would love to agree with you,but I just don't think it will that easy.LO is as good as Bell or Cath.They are 14-0 have a great offense and good defense,but I do think Boyle will be ready for the task.I think Boyle wins in a close one. GO REBELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Rocky Top Wrote:I would love to agree with you,but I just don't think it will that easy.LO is as good as Bell or Cath.They are 14-0 have a great offense and good defense,but I do think Boyle will be ready for the task.I think Boyle wins in a close one. GO REBELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

At seasons end i dont think they could have played with Lex. cath.and from what i have watched from thier videos thier run defense is so weak Bell county would have ran on them at will.with the size and speed Bell has on defense and the agression they play with i dont think lone oak would have a prayer against Bell county.:Thumbs:
I just think Boyle & Bell are on an entirely different level than the rest of 4a.i maybe wrong but i dont think so.Lone oak has played no one that will prepare them for what Boyle county brings to the table.:Thumbs:
Jack Lambert Wrote:At seasons end i dont think they could have played with Lex. cath.and from what i have watched from thier videos thier run defense is so weak Bell county would have ran on them at will.with the size and speed Bell has on defense and the agression they play with i dont think lone oak would have a prayer against Bell county.:Thumbs:

Jack where did you find any video at? :link:
As I have told other before A COACH I AM NOT. however I can tell when a good team comes to town. And believe me Bell was a very good team. Boyle may have problems with the pass come friday. But if the LO qb doesn,t have time to throw, it may be a long afternoon for LO.Confusedhh:
I think the Rebels will make whatever adjustments they need to and I think we will put up alot of points against LO. If LO scores it will not be by the run. This defense is just to quick. I love our D. The Rebels have been so much fun to watch this year and are going to bring home #6 [SIZE="6"]:Cheerlead:Cheerlead:Cheerlead FINISH THE FIGHT!!!!!![/SIZE]
BluegrassBuckeye Wrote:On page 1 you picked Lone Oak 42-27. I guess you're just covering all the bases , huh?
Nah, just like getting a rise out of people. I enjoy watching people react like children. I think Boyle will win and hope they do because I am only 35 minutes away, but I do think this LO team is pretty good and is capable of beating Boyle if Boyle does not play their A+ game.

Rebel55 Wrote:Jack where did you find any video at? :link:

I watched some early season video on thier football website.i just typed in lone oak football,and they had a website.i think you have to go to thier picture page to find any video.hope this helps.
Thanks Jack I found it.

http://www.ihigh.com/loneoak/video_883072.html
You can also go to thier local news channel 6,and watch alot of highlights of thier games, there pretty good too.http://www.wpsdlocal6.com
When you get to channel 6 go to thier gridiron glory section to find the highlights,thier highlights are alot better than ours.
I found the Marion highlites. Thanks again:Thumbs:
Haven't seen LO play a down. Watched BC beat Bell. To beat Boyle they need 3 things:

1. Great kicker who can get them 3 when they are close as TD's will be scarce.
2. Stop #2. He's as good as has played in KY in a while. Bell stopped him for a half. It takes both though.
3. Play Action to get vertical. #5 is awesome. He bites on the run though. Get him to come up and the slants are open.

Otherwise, enjoy the ride there, cause the one home will be a long one.

My pick - Boyle 28 LO 7 cause they are not likely to pull off my #2 suggestion.
cougarpride08 Wrote:Lone Oak win with a surprise upset.

no 35-3 the rebels are too good :lmao:
just days away i bet these kids cant sleep cause i know i couldnt this time last year....
Lone Oak 'scared' me at first, but I grow more confident as the BIG DAY draws near. I hope the team is focused and ready to ... FINISH THE FIGHT! BC 35 LO 17