Poll: Who wins the 4A Championship?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Lone Oak Purple Flash
23.81%
Boyle County Rebels
76.19%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lone Oak vs. Boyle County (4A State Championship)
TheBrahmaBull Wrote:Ok:Clap:........Even if Lone Oak does not score 40+, I think they still win by 10-14. That being said, I am not disrespecting Boyle because I know they are a great team. I just think that Lone Oak is a well balanced team and they will do better than did Bell Co. because of their balance.

I believe you raise the best point in the case for Lone Oak. They are well balanced on offense and have a statistically solid defense.

The closest on offense to comparison would probably be Lex Catholic. Boyle had trouble with them in some ways this year but will the Rebel offense move the football vs. the Lone Oak Defense and control the clock.

Their showing against Bell's defense shows me that they can.

Will be a good solid game.
The Lone Oak Purple Flash have a high-powered offense and will be tough for the Rebels to stop. Still yet, MacShara and company will be too much for the Flash. Boyle County brings home the title.

Good luck to both!
TheBrahmaBull Wrote:Ok:Clap:........Even if Lone Oak does not score 40+, I think they still win by 10-14. That being said, I am not disrespecting Boyle because I know they are a great team. I just think that Lone Oak is a well balanced team and they will do better than did Bell Co. because of their balance.

I think Rees will run for at least 250 yds,and 6 or 7 tds. i think Boyle scores at least 45 pts.and lone oak scores 14 to 21.Lone oak has no more balence than Lex cath. probably not as much because they throw the ball 70 to 80% of the time.i see being ranked #1 all season, having the states best defense,and highest scoring offense.hasnt got your respect.:eyeroll:
I doubt Lone oaks defense,they gave up 524 yds,and 49 pts to Lexington Catholic.
Im a firm believer in the old saying defense wins championships! With that being said I think anyone who reads this will know who im going with.
I sure hope you are right! I hope Rebels take all.
Boyle County in a running clock rout, 56-13.
Lone Oak by 7 in overtime
wildcats fan Wrote:Lone Oak by 7 in overtime

Dont be a hater just because Lexington catholic couldnt beat Boyle.this game will never go to overtime.:thatsfunn
One thing about it...for Boyle to win the State Championship they would have to beat the top two teams in 4A in Bell County and Lone Oak

Shootin for Six!

They will have no balance on Friday. They will not be able to run on Boyle County.....period. No one runs on Boyle County and if the mountain running teams such as Bell County, Johnson Central, etc can't run, I have a hard time seeing how a team that throws the ball 60% of the time will be able to run. I could be wrong, but seeing is believing.

LexCath was every bit as balanced as Lone Oak is, and while they ran the ball better than anyone against us, they still couldn't stop us from scoring and they couldn't score like they are accustomed to either. I think the LexCath, Christian County and Bell County games will have us more prepared for a game against Lone Oak, but I don't think there is any game Lone Oak played all year that will prepare them for Boyle County, IMO.

While our defense is ranked number 1 in the state, it will take a great great defense to stop our offense. Not one that gave up 49 points to LexCath.
WELL SAID.:Thumbs::Thumbs:
PurplePride92 Wrote:They will have no balance on Friday. They will not be able to run on Boyle County.....period. No one runs on Boyle County and if the mountain running teams such as Bell County, Johnson Central, etc can't run, I have a hard time seeing how a team that throws the ball 60% of the time will be able to run. I could be wrong, but seeing is believing.

LexCath was every bit as balanced as Lone Oak is, and while they ran the ball better than anyone against us, they still couldn't stop us from scoring and they couldn't score like they are accustomed to either. I think the LexCath, Christian County and Bell County games will have us more prepared for a game against Lone Oak, but I don't think there is any game Lone Oak played all year that will prepare them for Boyle County, IMO.

While our defense is ranked number 1 in the state, it will take a great great defense to stop our offense. Not one that gave up 49 points to LexCath.
Ok:zzz:
Twitter: @tc_analytics

TheBrahmaBull Wrote:Ok:zzz:

Abraham Lincoln once said its better to be silent,and be thought a fool than to speak,and be known a fool.:biggrin:
I see the key for the Rebels on Friday will be to control the ball and the clock. Boyle will need to make every possession count and the more they keep the Lone Oak offense off the field, the more likely the Rebels can win.

If Boyle can limit the big play from the Flash, and frustrate them it would go a long ways to a Rebel title. If Boyle can get an early lead and play defense, it could lead the Flash into mistakes they aren't accustomed to making.

We'll study things a little more and get a whole week to talk about them on here. I hope Braham keeps bringing us more detail on Lone Oak as the week unfolds. :Thumbs:
Go Rebels!!! Finish your fight!!
Jack Lambert Wrote:Abraham Lincoln once said its better to be silent,and be thought a fool than to speak,and be known a fool.:biggrin:

:lmao:
LO has some injuries. Not sure of the impact it will have.
Tica Wrote:LO has some injuries. Not sure of the impact it will have.

Boyle should be completely healthy,and firing on all cylenders.:Thumbs:
Jack Lambert Wrote:Abraham Lincoln once said its better to be silent,and be thought a fool than to speak,and be known a fool.:biggrin:
Ok, you are a complete ...:flush:
Twitter: @tc_analytics

Boyle wins easy congrats Rebels you deserve it
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Boyle County continues their dominance and wins by 3 tds.
TheBrahmaBull Wrote:Ok, you are a complete ...:flush:

Thank you.:eyeroll:
I just got thru looking at lone oaks roster size wise Boyle matches up with them a whole lot better than they did with Bell co.I watched some early season video of them last night.thier defense looks weak.thier offense looked good,but they were playing a team that finished 4 and 6.so its really hard to tell.
Boyle by 28
How does the team speed of Boyle and team speed of Lone Oak match up? This would be a huge key for the Flash offense and Boyle's defense. Spread out, any defense can become vulnerable.
i want boyle to win this game and honestly think they will but idk
Jack Lambert Wrote:I doubt Lone oaks defense,they gave up 524 yds,and 49 pts to Lexington Catholic.

While I think this game favors Boyle, I will point out that you might want to read up on the LO-Lex Cath game. LO led comfortably until some really desperation attempts in the 4TH got them back in it. Including a well executed on side kick. LO's strength has been run defense which may help them some. All that said I do think Boyle should win but it is not likely to be the blowout a few seem to think is comming
Anybody know the status of the LO nose guard?
Lone oak played Lexington catholic the 4th game of the season,by seasons end Lexington catholic was a totally different team.Trinity had to come from behind in the 4th quarter to beat Lex.cath.14 to 13.i think if lone oak & lex.cath.played later in the year the game would have been different.