Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paducah Tilghman 24 Central 21
final
Congrats PT!!
way to go PT
I can't believe it!! I just mentioned it like 10 minutes that i would love to see PT upset Central! It came true!! Congrats Blue Tornadoes!! Good luck in the 3A State Championship Game! But, im routing for Somerset!
Yesssss.Way to go PT
Good job PT way to take Central and their fans down a couple levels.
Sounds like 3A might be wide open next year.
I had a feeling this would be the year a 3A team would beat Central. Great job PT!
Congrats PT on the W
Congrats PT
just got back from the game they was VERY COCKY in warm ups,and before the game CENTRALS band marched right on TILMANS SIDELINE, CENTRAL,came out and moved down field easy,and then recovered a fumble on the kick, and then went up 14-0,then number 4 and number 8 took over for TILMAN,it was 14-13CENTRAL at half,then towards end of the 3rd TILMAN gets field goal to go up 16-14,then there was a couple of turnovers by both teams, before CENTRAL took the lead 21-16 with about 5min left to go, and TILMAN gets go ahead td with 2:11 on the clock,to take 22-21 lead and then get 2pt conversion,to make it 24-21,then with a minute or so left to go TILMAN forces a fumble to get the victory..........great game.SOMERSET will have there hands full with them,very fast to the ball on defense...
Biggest surprise of the night!
PADUCAH, Ky. — In the closing minutes of what was sometimes a sloppy, roughshod game highlighted by big plays, Paducah Tilghman apparently handed the Class 3-A football semifinal to Central.

http://www.courier-journal.com/article/2...st+Central

But the Yellowjackets handed it back, and the result was a 24-21 Tilghman victory that ended the season for the two-time defending state champs and sent the Blue Tornado to the state finals for the first time in 17 years. Both teams are 8-6.
Visiting Central had just kicked off after a 78-yard scoring drive that gave it a 21-16 lead in the fourth quarter. Two plays later, Tilghman fumbled and Central recovered on the Paducah 31.
But the Yellowjackets couldn't move the ball, taking an 11-yard loss on a fourth-and-11 from Tilghman's 20 with less than four minutes left.
Aided by two Central offsides penalties, Tilghman marched 69 yards, scoring on a 31-yard pass from Kristen Jackson to Josh Forrest. Jackson then ran for the two-point conversion to put the Blue Tornado on top 24-21.
It capped a huge night for Jackson, who threw for another score and ran 46 yards for Tilghman's other TD.
Central's final possession ended with a lost fumble on its own 10.
Yellowjackets coach Ty Scoggins made no excuses for a game he obviously felt his team should have won.
Central led 14-0 in the first quarter and 14-13 at halftime, then trailed 16-14 in the third before the go-ahead fourth-quarter drive.
“We couldn't put them away when we had the chance,” Scoggins said. “We had the game won. But we missed a couple of assignments. And we didn't score on that last drive. But Paducah played their butts off, and they won.”
Tilghman coach Randy Wyatt said he was pleased with his team for not giving up.
“I'm really proud of our kids,” he said. “They persevered all night long.”
They also ran the ball all over the field. Neither team showed much of a passing game and while Central rolled up 218 yards, all but 27 on the ground and most from sophomore Anthony Wales, who had two touchdowns, Tilghman amassed 376.
Senior Deray Edmonds was Tilghman's workhorse, including a couple of long bursts.
“I'm really proud of that young man,” Wyatt added. “He's a second-half back. He wants the ball.”
Tilghman's last state title appearance came in 1992, when it lost the 3-A game 15-6 to Highlands. The Blue Tornado won the 2-A title in 1973 and 3-A in 1985.
Stardust Wrote:PADUCAH, Ky. — In the closing minutes of what was sometimes a sloppy, roughshod game highlighted by big plays, Paducah Tilghman apparently handed the Class 3-A football semifinal to Central.

http://www.courier-journal.com/article/2...st+Central

But the Yellowjackets handed it back, and the result was a 24-21 Tilghman victory that ended the season for the two-time defending state champs and sent the Blue Tornado to the state finals for the first time in 17 years. Both teams are 8-6.
Visiting Central had just kicked off after a 78-yard scoring drive that gave it a 21-16 lead in the fourth quarter. Two plays later, Tilghman fumbled and Central recovered on the Paducah 31.
But the Yellowjackets couldn't move the ball, taking an 11-yard loss on a fourth-and-11 from Tilghman's 20 with less than four minutes left.
Aided by two Central offsides penalties, Tilghman marched 69 yards, scoring on a 31-yard pass from Kristen Jackson to Josh Forrest. Jackson then ran for the two-point conversion to put the Blue Tornado on top 24-21.
It capped a huge night for Jackson, who threw for another score and ran 46 yards for Tilghman's other TD.
Central's final possession ended with a lost fumble on its own 10.
Yellowjackets coach Ty Scoggins made no excuses for a game he obviously felt his team should have won.
Central led 14-0 in the first quarter and 14-13 at halftime, then trailed 16-14 in the third before the go-ahead fourth-quarter drive.
“We couldn't put them away when we had the chance,” Scoggins said. “We had the game won. But we missed a couple of assignments. And we didn't score on that last drive. But Paducah played their butts off, and they won.”
Tilghman coach Randy Wyatt said he was pleased with his team for not giving up.
“I'm really proud of our kids,” he said. “They persevered all night long.”
They also ran the ball all over the field. Neither team showed much of a passing game and while Central rolled up 218 yards, all but 27 on the ground and most from sophomore Anthony Wales, who had two touchdowns, Tilghman amassed 376.
Senior Deray Edmonds was Tilghman's workhorse, including a couple of long bursts.
“I'm really proud of that young man,” Wyatt added. “He's a second-half back. He wants the ball.”
Tilghman's last state title appearance came in 1992, when it lost the 3-A game 15-6 to Highlands. The Blue Tornado won the 2-A title in 1973 and 3-A in 1985.

Why didn't Central kick a FG when it was 4th and 11 with 5 mins left in the game. That would have put them up by 7 pts. No trust in the kicker?
sstack Wrote:Why didn't Central kick a FG when it was 4th and 11 with 5 mins left in the game. That would have put them up by 7 pts. No trust in the kicker?

would have been long field goal,i was there,great game
Hard to believe this is the same team that gave up 21 points in the first minute to Fort Campbell and was solidly trounced by McLean Co.
cuppett777 Wrote:would have been long field goal,i was there,great game

wouldn't it have been a 37 yarder?
sstack Wrote:wouldn't it have been a 37 yarder?

For the vast majority of High School kickers, 37 yards is a long, long way out. :Thumbs:
Paducah Tilghman has proved everyone wrong. I figured Central would have won this game, but I still am not surprised to see this score.
Hatz Wrote:For the vast majority of High School kickers, 37 yards is a long, long way out. :Thumbs:

So I guess that answers my question, No trust in your kicker.
sstack Wrote:So I guess that answers my question, No trust in your kicker.

I know of several BCS college teams who would have a hard time making that decision. In fact, I have a feeling Dale Mueller and his infinite confidence would probably choose to try and make it a two posession game in that situation. :biggrin:
Congrats on the shocking victory sometimes its nice to be underdogs!!!!