Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DeSales 33 - Prestonsburg 28
Stardust Wrote:Class 2A at Louisville Southern
Prestonsburg 0 14 8 6 28

DeSales 7 6 13 7 33

Scoring summary:
D--Andrew Beeler 58 run (Ryan Johnson kick). D--Beeler 2 run (kick failed). P--Josh Craynon 5 pass from Michael Burchett (Jason Jamison kick). P--Craynon 7 pass from Burchett (Jamison kick). D--Beeler 2 run (run failed). P--Bryson Williams 80 pass from Burchett (Burchett run). D--Johnson 16 run (Johnson kick). D--Beeler 9 run (Johnson kick). P--Williams 27 pass from Burchett (pass failed).
Records: Prestonsburg 13-1, DeSales 11-3.

That was Sophomore WR Joseph Jamerson, not Jason Jamison. It was also Jamerson who scored the last 2 TD's for Pburg, not Bryson Williams (whose name I have never heard of)
Notre Dame Football…GO IRISH
Redneck Wrote:That was Sophomore WR Joseph Jamerson, not Jason Jamison. It was also Jamerson who scored the last 2 TD's for Pburg, not Bryson Williams (whose name I have never heard of)

I'd say it was just copied and pasted from a newspaper website.......
Sad to see Prestonsburg's undefeated stint end. I picked them to win this game and make it back to the state championship. Burchett is heck of a quarterback from what I know of him and will be a D-1 player.

Congrats Colts and great season Blackcats!
It is so tough to see these seniors go for Prestonsburg.

Cat86 summed up everything any Blackcat fan would even think to say, so all I can say is go get 'em next season Blackcats!
Redneck Wrote:That was Sophomore WR Joseph Jamerson, not Jason Jamison. It was also Jamerson who scored the last 2 TD's for Pburg, not Bryson Williams (whose name I have never heard of)

haha no redneck, it was Blackburn who scored the last 2 TD's. But I'd say you have trouble remember that. :Thumbs::lmao:
Thank You Blackcats for the excitement of this season. You'll never be forgotten!
uofl05 Wrote:Cats86, great post and thanks for the words,it was a great game for sure. I did feel like the numbers got to your guys but for only rotating 16 players or so you guys showed alot of toughness and conditioning,it was impressive.

I felt like the DeSales offense was sluggish most of the night due to way to many dumb penalties and ultra conservative playcalling.Johnson can throw the football and I was wondering why we didn't open things up more.

All in all though,it was a super game and both teams should be proud. Just hope we can knock off that giant named Ft Campbell.

I'll tell you... If DeSales had come out with a pass-heavy gameplan, it would have worked to P-burg's advantage. NO ONE has even come close to running an effective pass offense against this Blackcat secondary.

Your coach knew exactly what he was doing. Even if you feel DeSales looked "sluggish"...banging the ball early and often paid off for the Colts late in the game. The few passes you guys threw were ALL set up by the Blackcat defense overplaying the run game.

There was only one poor officiating call...the unsportsmanlike on the P-burg defense. They were calling out defensive adjustments at the line and were called for mimicking the snap count. What made it a bad call was DeSales had been running on a silent count in the shotgun.
oneijoe Wrote:I'll tell you... If DeSales had come out with a pass-heavy gameplan, it would have worked to P-burg's advantage. NO ONE has even come close to running an effective pass offense against this Blackcat secondary.

Your coach knew exactly what he was doing. Even if you feel DeSales looked "sluggish"...banging the ball early and often paid off for the Colts late in the game. The few passes you guys threw were ALL set up by the Blackcat defense overplaying the run game.

There was only one poor officiating call...the unsportsmanlike on the P-burg defense. They were calling out defensive adjustments at the line and were called for mimicking the snap count. What made it a bad call was DeSales had been running on a silent count in the shotgun.

I agree oneijoe it just felt sluggish on the offensive end,and all the penalties certainly added to that( i ddin't mean to imply the refs were bad,just meant self inflicted penalties killed the Colts) but in the end playing smashmouth ball is the identity of this team and it paid off.

Congrats again.
Great Season Blackcats ....We just had to many turnovers last night and IMO we just weren't there in the 1st quarter ....I am proud to be a blackcat fan, I didn't miss a game ! Hail Blackcats !
Pburg came up just a couple of plays short tonight. IMO the turnovers didnt hurt them as bad because they over came those and had the lead in the second half and had a shot to take the lead in the 4th again. Turnovers are part of the game. I think 2 key plays were with 6 minutes to go it was 3rd and 1 and pburg didnt convert and punt it away and have desales i think with about 4 minutes to go to 2nd and 18 and #1 gets a 37 yard gain. IMO those 2 plays hurt pburg more than anything because they later scored on the drive. It was just a bad night for mountain teams. But like mentioned earlier no one ever dreamed you guys would have the season you had this year it was great to watch. I hate to see these seniors go but dont hang your head you are one of the best teams to walk on the field at prestonsburg and Burchett could arguably be the best QB. Congrats on a great season!
What a year for coach john Derossett and this group of players. Definitely suprised a lot of people and just came up short on making a appearance in the championship game.

To the seniors, a big salute to your coming together and improving each and every game this season.
BondJamesBond Wrote:What a year for coach john Derossett and this group of players. Definitely suprised a lot of people and just came up short on making a appearance in the championship game.

To the seniors, a big salute to your coming together and improving each and every game this season.

Great year for John indeed. This may have been his finest coaching job. I have told both he and his brother James on numerous occasions that I thought this year was the best I had ever seen them coach. His program does everything the right way. They work hard, play hard, and produce, for the most part, a great group of kids. I do wish he got a little more support from the community, though.

I played high school ball with John and practically grew up with him. He is intense, a competitor, and demands success. Some kids nowadays don't want any part of that. BUT....for the kids that do play football at Prestonsburg...they learn alot about character, preparation, hard work, and excellence. Great job, coach. Keep up the good work!
OldTymer Wrote:haha no redneck, it was Blackburn who scored the last 2 TD's. But I'd say you have trouble remember that. :Thumbs::lmao:

Looked like a #6 from where I was, lol.
Notre Dame Football…GO IRISH
desales was bigger,faster,and stronger good job blackcats
leecoukfan Wrote:Yeah, it looks like Somerset will be the lone mountain team in Bowling Green! Never expected Prestonsburg to lose but Congrats to DeSales and Congrats to Prestonsburg on a great season. Also, i would like to Congratulate Mr. Burchett for an amazing performance this season!!

Mountain team?They are from the east division but not a mountain team.Heck they are on the west side of 75.
BOBCAT Wrote:Mountain team?They are from the east division but not a mountain team.Heck they are on the west side of 75.

"Mountain" teams are called Mountain teams because they are in the coverage area for WYMT. It has nothing to do with location. Somerset is indeed a Mountain team.
Great season Blackcats. You never quit. Be proud of your efforts, because the entire County is proud of you!!
Good luck DeSales with Fort Campbell.
tanner tackett #35 Wrote:well prestonsburg, i know its hard to end the season like this. But i just wanted to tell you all that you all had a great season. Seem's like it was a dogfight the whole game but you just feel a little short. Everyone thought you all was going to be down this year and not be that great, but you proved everyone wrong and had a amazing year and probally one of the best in history of prestonsburg. Keep your heads up boys and come out next year and have another great season. Goodluck next year boys.!
very classy young man, you made that team chug with the 2 toughest positions on the field fb-mlb. You all had an outstanding team yourselves.