Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Breathitt County 2010
What do they have coming back? Who is going to pick up the slack left from Fugate and Haddix?
Breathitt will be good again. Good coaching staff, community support, and tradition.
They'll still win their district.
They struggled this year with Haddix and Fugate both. Next year doesnt look to good. Just my honest opinion.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:They'll still win their district.

i beg to differ. they have to deal with Estill who only lost 5 from this years team. Estill will be loaded next year. i believe that Powell will be better next year than what they were this year. but i believe the District will come down to Estill and Breathitt. don't get me wrong, Breathitt will be good, they always are, but its gonna be hard to replace Haddix and Fugate. JMO
Strikeout King Wrote:i beg to differ. they have to deal with Estill who only lost 5 from this years team. Estill will be loaded next year. i believe that Powell will be better next year than what they were this year. but i believe the District will come down to Estill and Breathitt. don't get me wrong, Breathitt will be good, they always are, but its gonna be hard to replace Haddix and Fugate. JMO

Not loaded, just a little more experienced than they were last year. Estill will have a good team next year. But they will still have to work hard because nothing is just handed to you.
Strikeout King Wrote:i beg to differ. they have to deal with Estill who only lost 5 from this years team. Estill will be loaded next year. i believe that Powell will be better next year than what they were this year. but i believe the District will come down to Estill and Breathitt. don't get me wrong, Breathitt will be good, they always are, but its gonna be hard to replace Haddix and Fugate. JMO

Estill County loaded? Not hardly.
MR. NOBODY Wrote:Not loaded, just a little more experienced than they were last year. Estill will have a good team next year. But they will still have to work hard because nothing is just handed to you.

MiddlesboroAlumni Wrote:Estill County loaded? Not hardly.

we will still be good next year and contend for a District Title
When wast he last time Breathitt lost a district game, or lost to any of the current teams in their district?
mandan Wrote:When wast he last time Breathitt lost a district game, or lost to any of the current teams in their district?

2006. they lost to Middlesboro and Leslie County
2009 Roster
http://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard/kh.../?id=30167
Twitter: @tc_analytics

Without Fugate, average team.
MR.PERFECT Wrote:Without Fugate, average team.
They were above average before Fugate, and they will be above average after him. Will they go to the state finals, who knows, but they will be better than most teams in EKY.

Fugate and Haddix carried the team when they needed a play. It will need some players to step up.
King Leonidas Wrote:Fugate and Haddix carried the team when they needed a play. It will need some players to step up.

They will have players step up. Always have. Good Staff, good support. They will win.
TheBrahmaBull Wrote:They were above average before Fugate, and they will be above average after him. Will they go to the state finals, who knows, but they will be better than most teams in EKY.

I don't know that they were better than most EKY teams with Fugate. However I do believe they will win their district again. They should win a game or two in the playoffs as well. They have tradition and support and thats more important than one player.
Matman Wrote:I don't know that they were better than most EKY teams with Fugate. However I do believe they will win their district again. They should win a game or two in the playoffs as well. They have tradition and support and thats more important than one player.
In the past 14 years, they have been better than most teams in their class. Everyone can have a bad year once and a while. There are few teams that have the same winning % as the Bobcats, most programs in EKY are not that good IMO outside of 4-5 teams in the class Breathitt is in. As good as Fugate was, I think it hindered the Bobcat's offense because they relied on him too much. They will get back to spreading the wealth and will be a better "team" for it.

Breathitt will be very young and very talented next year. My only concern next year will be the offensive and defensive lines. Breathitt has tons of young talent at the skill positions and if they can develop some of their younger lineman they could make some noise in the mountains.
bump
"Big Horse" Fugate and Haddix will be hard to replace, but the OL/DL and D will be better next year in my opinion.
Flashman Wrote:"Big Horse" Fugate and Haddix will be hard to replace, but the OL/DL and D will be better next year in my opinion.
I sure hope that the defense if better. Can not get much worse than what I saw in 2009. If the Bobcats improve on the O\D line, they will be as competitive as always in 3A. When is another realignment? Just wondering because I had heard that Breathitt may drop to 2A.

The D suffered this year because from what I understand from looking at the 2008 roster they lost almost every LB and DB and about 3-4 DL from 2008. They had also lost 3-4 OL from 2008. I actually think Fugate and Haddix may have been better players this year than in 2008, but with losing almost the whole offensive line and all the guys on D they can only do so much.

Looks like they have some good young lineman coming up so the line on both sides as well as the D should be better. Trent is a very talented guy too. There is a lot of difference most the time in having a 16 year old as compared to a 18-19 year old...just a matter of maturity and experience.

Yeah they will always be competitive and there will be other great players emerge.
Flashman Wrote:The D suffered this year because from what I understand from looking at the 2008 roster they lost almost every LB and DB and about 3-4 DL from 2008. They had also lost 3-4 OL from 2008. I actually think Fugate and Haddix may have been better players this year than in 2008, but with losing almost the whole offensive line and all the guys on D they can only do so much.

Looks like they have some good young lineman coming up so the line on both sides as well as the D should be better. Trent is a very talented guy too. There is a lot of difference most the time in having a 16 year old as compared to a 18-19 year old...just a matter of maturity and experience.

Yeah they will always be competitive and there will be other great players emerge.
In 2009, did the Bobcats have a player quit that was pretty good? I have heard that there was termoil within the team and that led to the player quitting. I know that Perry Central has a player that lives within shouting distance from BHS, why are players quitting or playing at other schools?

I don't know. From time to time there are always talented kids that just don't have chemistry with the coach I guess. Their friends might go to another school. Breathitt did lose Prichard at the beginning of the season...a starting HB.
Does anyone know where or if Haddix has signed with any college? He's a real classy kid and a "winner" that should be playing somewhere.
OH Napier is stoked about Bloody Breathitt's chances in 2010! He said @@#*@#$!**%#$@$%$$@!!! GO OH and GO BLOODY BREATHITT!!
TheBrahmaBull Wrote:In 2009, did the Bobcats have a player quit that was pretty good? I have heard that there was termoil within the team and that led to the player quitting. I know that Perry Central has a player that lives within shouting distance from BHS, why are players quitting or playing at other schools?

I think you might be talking about Matt Robinson...the guy who lives close to Jackson. He is one heck of a LB and put some good licks on Fugate this year when PCC beat the Bobcats.
TheBrahmaBull Wrote:In 2009, did the Bobcats have a player quit that was pretty good? I have heard that there was termoil within the team and that led to the player quitting. I know that Perry Central has a player that lives within shouting distance from BHS, why are players quitting or playing at other schools?

Dakota Ritchie quit. Robinson, Salyers, Boggs were all at Breathitt (or SMS) at one time. Don't know if all played football, or why they left.
Was Ritchie a senior?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
I think that they will be a more balance team next year, they will spread the ball around more and not be so 1 dimintional. I think that they will have a better D and they will need that to give there o timeto gel. There young so really you don't know what you are going to get. But don't underestimate them, this year freshman class was one of the strongest in a long time. Year of experience means alot in high school.