Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Virgie vs. Feds Creek
When does Virgie play at Feds creek at Feds creek?
They play Dec 14 @ FC.. should be a very good game.
Virgie has a nice team, I think it will be a very competitive game.
Virgie by 5
I think Feds Creek by 4 because it will be
played at Feds Creek on that small floor.

I do not think they stand a chance at Virgie
because of the refs.
EasyMoney Wrote:I think Feds Creek by 4 because it will be
played at Feds Creek on that small floor.

I do not think they stand a chance at Virgie
because of the refs.
Virgie by 20 at neutral site. Vikings are good but no match for the eagles
We might get to see that game at Belfry middle in the
county championship
I do not believe Virgie is 20 points better then any of the top 5 in this weeks poll, nor are they 20 points better then some of the teams not ranked in the top 5. Fact of the matter is Pike County is loaded and is extremely top heavy. However, I personally believe after seeing a few recent scores and thinking about games from last year, Betsy Layne is the best team between the two counties. They already beat Feds Creek when Feds Creek had already shaken the mid season rust. They beat Virgie by over 20 points last year in the Pike College tournament, and both teams held everyone back. Virgie is good and they can beat anyone in this region, but so can at least 7 or 8 other teams.
I agree with b-ball fan. Who would have believed Belfry would have beaten Mullins by 18 tonight? I will disagree with the statement of "shaking off rust" I don't think anyone is at top form yet, and I do believe that will tell the tale of who will win it all in Pike Co. I will say this; after watching several teams play, certain trends are clear and if things remain as they are, I do believe there are 2 teams a little better than the rest and they will meet for the title.... I will keep that opinion to myself though!
bball_fan Wrote:I do not believe Virgie is 20 points better then any of the top 5 in this weeks poll, nor are they 20 points better then some of the teams not ranked in the top 5. Fact of the matter is Pike County is loaded and is extremely top heavy. However, I personally believe after seeing a few recent scores and thinking about games from last year, Betsy Layne is the best team between the two counties. They already beat Feds Creek when Feds Creek had already shaken the mid season rust. They beat Virgie by over 20 points last year in the Pike College tournament, and both teams held everyone back. Virgie is good and they can beat anyone in this region, but so can at least 7 or 8 other teams.

Yes they did beat F.C. at the LeMaster tourny,however we were one man down...Camron was playing in Lexington that day, so, I'm sure you'll agree we were at a disadvantage...Not trying to take away from B. L. win but, when you're a man down you aren't playing at your peak....:eyeroll:
Viking mommy, that was South Floyd that beat Feds Creek in the Le Master tournament.
bball_fan Wrote:I do not believe Virgie is 20 points better then any of the top 5 in this weeks poll, nor are they 20 points better then some of the teams not ranked in the top 5. Fact of the matter is Pike County is loaded and is extremely top heavy. However, I personally believe after seeing a few recent scores and thinking about games from last year, Betsy Layne is the best team between the two counties. They already beat Feds Creek when Feds Creek had already shaken the mid season rust. They beat Virgie by over 20 points last year in the Pike College tournament, and both teams held everyone back. Virgie is good and they can beat anyone in this region, but so can at least 7 or 8 other teams.

I disagree. First of all, Hazard beat Betsy Layne a few weeks ago by 16, rather easily I might add. So, that rules out that theory for now that BL is the best in two counties. Secondly, BL beat Virgie by 16 in the Rax tourny LAST YEAR (not 20 or more like you stated) and Virgie only had one (1) holdback at the time. Last year really doesn't mean much when it is this season that must be played out. Most coaches will agree that Hazard, Virgie, and BL are the top 3 in the Floyd/Pike area. And in my opinion, Virgie is capable of beating the majority of Pike schools by 20 or more IF they are playing well. But sometimes that is not always the case.
I also disagree that Pike is "loaded" and top heavy. While there are some good teams, Virgie, Fedscreek, and Dorton are clearly heads above the rest at this point and has distinguished themselves as the teams in the running for a title. Who will be the darkhorse is the question???
I watched Feds Cr play Hazard tonite and they are a very good team, very fun to watch.They lost by 8 I think.
This should be a great game to watch
The Punisher Wrote:I disagree. First of all, Hazard beat Betsy Layne a few weeks ago by 16, rather easily I might add. So, that rules out that theory for now that BL is the best in two counties. Secondly, BL beat Virgie by 16 in the Rax tourny LAST YEAR (not 20 or more like you stated) and Virgie only had one (1) holdback at the time. Last year really doesn't mean much when it is this season that must be played out. Most coaches will agree that Hazard, Virgie, and BL are the top 3 in the Floyd/Pike area. And in my opinion, Virgie is capable of beating the majority of Pike schools by 20 or more IF they are playing well. But sometimes that is not always the case.
I also disagree that Pike is "loaded" and top heavy. While there are some good teams, Virgie, Fedscreek, and Dorton are clearly heads above the rest at this point and has distinguished themselves as the teams in the running for a title. Who will be the darkhorse is the question???

When has Hazard moved into the Pike/Floyd area but, anyway I would have to agree with this being some of the better teams around and you can throw Johnson CO. in there to if you're adding Hazard because I think they beat BL at BL with out their starting point guard and they have one of the better if not the best players in the 15th (Hall).
School Admin. Wrote:Viking mommy, that was South Floyd that beat Feds Creek in the Le Master tournament.

My bad, lol, I swear we've had so many games they've begun to run together!! Thanks for the kind words on the other thread about our boys....It's really appreciated...We're so very proud of what the team they've become and have very high hopes for their future! :Thumbs:
In my opinion, this is the first year I have ever been able to say this too, match up problems will have a large effect on the county tournament. I believe certain teams just match up great against certain teams but bad against others. I think Dorton is a great team, but I think they will have a really tough time playing Belfry because Belfry has a very big center that can cause a lot of problems for Belter. I coach at Mullins and I'll admit size will effect us, we will have to get teams like Dorton and Johns Creek into a run and gun game and not a half court game so we can take the big boys out of the game. I believe though we match up well against Feds Creek because Cameron Justice and Dylan Meade are basically the same player and we have about the same size. Virgie showed they have problems sometimes with a effective press which could play into Feds Creek's favor. Pikeville's press could also cause Dorton, Johns Creek and Belfry problems because it will force the big men to come up court and get the inbound's pass and run them more. Johns Creek also has a ton of team speed with a 6'7 center. That will cause a lot of problems for teams in the county. So I believe it is hard to predict the future right now, because matchups are sometimes hard to over come no matter how much talent you have. Lets also not forget, as we helped to prove, if a team doesn't show up ready to play, they can get blown off the court.
B-Ball fan, I think you are right in many ways. Bottom line is there are a lot of good teams, all are able to beat each other. No one better overlook anyone or its lights out!!! If you are going to press Dorton, you better be able to do it, they played Hazard even for 3 quarters and I promise you, they are the fastest team around! I also watched them handle Feds Creek's press pretty well. Its very early in the year, there is a lot of improving that will be done in the next couple of months by all the teams. I think its an exciting time for basketball in the area!
feds creek i think should have a good game against virgie
feds creek doesnt have the talent 2 keep up with virgie.the only way that feds creek will win the county tournament is if it is at feds creek and i dont see that happeing.i go virgie by 7 at fedscreek,virgie by 25 at virgie, and virgie by 16 at a nuetral site.but that may just be my opinion.
Should be a great game.
I think Virgie will beat Feds Creek.
Should be an outstanding game.

I have not had a chance to see Virgie yet.
I think Virgie can beat any team in the county if they come out ready to play.
GloryBound3 Wrote:feds creek doesnt have the talent 2 keep up with virgie.the only way that feds creek will win the county tournament is if it is at feds creek and i dont see that happeing.i go virgie by 7 at fedscreek,virgie by 25 at virgie, and virgie by 16 at a nuetral site.but that may just be my opinion.

no offense but r u out of ur mind feds creek has 4 solid players virgie how ever only has 3...... should be a great game feds creek by 6
who's virgies 3 players?
GloryBound3 Wrote:feds creek doesnt have the talent 2 keep up with virgie.the only way that feds creek will win the county tournament is if it is at feds creek and i dont see that happeing.i go virgie by 7 at fedscreek,virgie by 25 at virgie, and virgie by 16 at a nuetral site.but that may just be my opinion.

I'm just curious about one thing. You said in your post "the only way Feds Creek could win the County tournament is if it were held at Feds Creek" You then turned around and said you would take Virgie by 7 at Feds Creek. Why would you think Feds Creek would win the County Tournament if it were held at Feds Creek, but lose its regular season game there? LOL
Well I think FC has a better chance than anyone to beat Virgie. It's always about how good Virgie is and I think other teams are just as good. I think FC will beat Virgie at FC, Virgie or anywhere else you want us to play.
Virgie has more than 3 solid players!!