•  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Highlands 42 Johnson Central 21
Forget the squabbling. It's time to appreciate the good things that happened this year for the Eagles. :Thumbs:

This is the very first time I've EVER seen Johnson Central respond positively to adversity at the beginning of a season. IMO, this speaks volumes about the character of this team.

Something's there that never was before...and I LIKE IT !! I plan on being on JC's "bandwagon" from the outset next year.

Great Season !!

:Clap:
Wow just saw something....

Austin Collinsworth had 127 yards on his first 7 carries.
oneijoe Wrote:Forget the squabbling. It's time to appreciate the good things that happened this year for the Eagles. :Thumbs:

This is the very first time I've EVER seen Johnson Central respond positively to adversity at the beginning of a season. IMO, this speaks volumes about the character of this team.

Something's there that never was before...and I LIKE IT !! I plan on being on JC's "bandwagon" from the outset next year.
Great Season !!

:Clap:

:Thumbs:

A fortiori
This was my prediction in the prediction thread: Should be one of the tougher games that Highlands has played this season.

Highlands- 42
JC-24

Came pretty close to getting it right! I'm assumed that Highlands would win this one and that is what happened but Johnson Central has to be happy with how their season went, i meant you made it to the Regional Finals and you lost to the #1 team in the state that not too bad in my books!! Congrats on the GREAT season Eagles!!
Congratulations to Highlands for a good win and good luck. But I would like to point out that Highlands only put one more point up against JCs defense than Covington Scott did. So would everyone that slammed JCs defense for allowing Covington Scott to score 41 points agree with this statement ? It must have been the Blue birds defense that won the game last night, because Highlands Offense is only capable of scoring one more point than Covington Scott. Please remember that no one can use the fact (excuse) that it wasn’t Highlands 1st O in, at the end of the game because if I remember correctly JC wasn’t allowed to use the fact (excuse) that most of Scotts points were scored on their 2nd and 3rd D. So considering that JC won the Covington Scott game the only difference was that Highlands defense stopped JC offence when Covington Scott couldn’t,.
leecoukfan Wrote:This was my prediction in the prediction thread: Should be one of the tougher games that Highlands has played this season.

Highlands- 42
JC-24

Came pretty close to getting it right! I'm assumed that Highlands would win this one and that is what happened but Johnson Central has to be happy with how their season went, i meant you made it to the Regional Finals and you lost to the #1 team in the state that not too bad in my books!! Congrats on the GREAT season Eagles!!

Yeah. This would have to go down as a pretty good year for any team at this point. Regional finals is nothing to be ashamed of. Hope we can do it all again next year at JC.:Thumbs:
whackem'n'stackem Wrote:For the record, JC didn't play a nationally ranked team last night. They played a banged up Highlands team that is hobbling towards another State title. The Eagles only scored 7 in my book. Highlands gave you guys 14 with a stupid play and 2nd team defense. I'll give JC credit for 1.5 qtrs but the game is played for 4qtrs. When the 2nd half started it was like Highlands was playing Scott again.

Highlands fans that I have experienced are first class. You cannot brag about the strength of your team before the game and then come on crying about the poor, poor, pitiful Bluebirds after the game.

Facts are that Highland was healthy, probably the best team in the state and the better team last night. People like whacky stackem make it tougher to say the following...Good Luck Highlands.
Diogenes Wrote:As long as I've been a fan of Central football, to remember all the times we were playing out the last games of 2-8 seasons, to think of watching Paintsville dominate us in the Apple Bowl, of getting annihilated year in and year out in our district games...if you had told me that one day I would be watching kids in Johnson Central football uniforms playing in their fourth straight state quarterfinal playoff game and going toe to toe with the #8 ranked team in the nation and holding their own (for a while, anyhow)...I would've called you a lot of things, crazy being one of them.

This program has come a long way since 2003. These kids have come a long way since 0-4 earlier this season. (And of our losses, Boyle, Bell, Sheldon Clark, and Highlands are all still alive in the final four of their respective classes.) They have made us all proud with what they've done, and I salute the Golden Eagles on an excellent season.

Congrats to the Bluebirds for being the fast, well-coached, deep team we all expected you to be. We make a couple of errors (not intercepting the pass thrown into double coverage which set up the HHS score before the half, then coming out after the half trying to tie and losing the fumble) and were made to pay for them dearly. You can't give a team like that a 25 yard field three times in a quarter and expect to get away with it. Emotions are a huge part of football games played between 14-18 year old boys. If you've got the momentum, you maybe can overcome the fatigue of playing both ways, but once you get your head down and your spirit slips a little bit, it catches up with you real fast. No shame tonight on our end. None of us in Eagle Nation have any doubt HHS will put the 2009 state title up on the stadium signs this year.

...but we're thinking the 2010 state title sign would look awfully nice over the entrance to Eagle Field. :Thumbs: Long drive home for the boys tonight, and hopefully they'll start preparing for next year tomorrow. We've seen how far we have to go to get where we want to be, and while it's not as far as it used to be, it's going to take work, and that work has to be done long before August.

Great post! Congrats to HHS and good luck in winning another state title. You have a very good and deep team, well coached.

JC, this has been a great year. You started out slow in a rebuilding year and played the State's best team as well as anyone. HHS has the tradtion, you guys are writing the traditon. Last night was just a bump in the road to the state title. Is is coming and soon.

As a long time JC fan who can remeber the lean years, it is an honor to watch you guys establish us as one the best programs in the state. It is a long hard road but you guys have paid the price and your jouney is close. I can not wait to see you guys on the field next year. The State Title banner will look great as you enter Eagle Field!
Sad thing is, I say what most poster's are thinking; Bluebird fan or not. Whoever watched the game last night can't argue one statement that was made on my part. I gave JC respect where it was deserved and called them out on the dirt. Get over it. Who are the classless ones?
whackem'n'stackem Wrote:Sad thing is, I say what most poster's are thinking; Bluebird fan or not. Whoever watched the game last night can't argue one statement that was made on my part. I gave JC respect where it was deserved and called them out on the dirt. Get over it. Who are the classless ones?

How about a reply on Dale Muller's statement?:popcorn:
He's all smoke and mirrors.....that's what makes him tough to beat.
I am totally impressed for how well the eagles played highlands. Great job!!
whackem'n'stackem Wrote:He's all smoke and mirrors.....that's what makes him tough to beat.

I believe that I would have just went ahead and totally ignored the question all together if I couldn't come up with something better than that.

Sort of takes away all credibility of anything you may post from here on out.

Let's just face it. You've got busted on that one.
Mr.Kimball Wrote:How about a reply on Dale Muller's statement?:popcorn:

I'm sorry, I don't understand what your looking for. I find nothing wrong with Dale's quote.
Mr.Kimball Wrote:I believe that I would have just went ahead and totally ignored the question all together if I couldn't come up with something better than that.

Sort of takes away all credibility of anything you may post from here on out.

Let's just face it. You've got busted on that one.

Why must we continue the attacks? You don't have to like what I post, but let's avoid personal attacks. I respect your opinion, please respect mine even if you disagree. God bless America for the freedom of speech.TongueirateSho
tradition Wrote:I'm sorry, I don't understand what your looking for. I find nothing wrong with Dale's quote.

There was nothing wrong with Dale's quote. If you go back and reread some of wacky stacky's posts you see what he said that Dale totally disputed it in his interview with the Kentucky Post. I was trying to get him to own up to his knowingly false post.
Mr.Kimball Wrote:There was nothing wrong with Dale's quote. If you go back and reread some of wacky stacky's posts you see what he said that Dale totally disputed. I was trying to get him to own up to his knowingly false post.

Not gonna happen Mr.Kimball...sorta like:HitWall:
whackem'n'stackem Wrote:Why must we continue the attacks? You don't have to like what I post, but let's avoid personal attacks. I respect your opinion, please respect mine even if you disagree. God bless America for the freedom of speech.TongueirateSho

Whoa here now. What's this about something being personal? I never made a personal attack. You better rethink that one. That never happened, my friend.

This had nothing even to do with an opinion by me or you either one to begin with. It had to do with you posting a false statement and getting you to acknowlege that is was by posting what Coach Muller actually said. Isn't that correct?
Mr.Kimball Wrote:There was nothing wrong with Dale's quote. If you go back and reread some of wacky stacky's posts you see what he said that Dale totally disputed it in his interview with the Kentucky Post. I was trying to get him to own up to his knowingly false post.

So I don't have to read thru pages and or numerous threads to find which post you are talking about, would you mind quoting the post?
Listen, Dale could tell you the sky was falling. Would you believe it? The game's a mental chess match as much as it's a physical game on the field. Dale never shows his cards especially with such an important game. He's all smoke and mirrors......take it or leave it. By the way, I still respect you Kimbo, so keep it clean with me. I'm your pal
tradition Wrote:So I don't have to read thru pages and or numerous threads to find which post you are talking about, would you mind quoting the post?

Rather than me typing it all out, would you mind just refering back to post #77. That OK?
whackem'n'stackem Wrote:Listen, Dale could tell you the sky was falling. Would you believe it? The game's a mental chess match as much as it's a physical game on the field. Dale never shows his cards especially with such an important game. He's all smoke and mirrors......take it or leave it. By the way, I still respect you Kimbo, so keep it clean with me. I'm your pal

Yeah, I think of you as brother too. haha. Always clean, my friend. No more nights in the box for me.

The quote was made after the end of the JC game. The chess game had already been played. There was nothing to smoke and mirror about.
Mr.Kimball Wrote:Yeah, I think of you as brother too. haha. Always clean, my friend. No more nights in the box for me.

The quote was made after the end of the JC game. The chess game had already been played. There was nothing to smoke and mirror about.

Yes, but aren't there two games left for one squad? The chess match is never over until the proverbial fat lady sings in Western Kentucky.
whackem'n'stackem Wrote:Yes, but aren't there two games left for one squad? The chess match is never over until the proverbial fat lady sings in Western Kentucky.

That was not his intent, and you know it wasn't.

Come on, you just got busted, and you know it.:flame:

Just own up to it, and let it go, and worry about the fat lady.
Mr.Kimball Wrote:That was not his intent, and you know it wasn't.

Come on, you just got busted.:flame:

Just own up to it, and let it go, and worry about the fat lady.

I might as well be chattin' to a brick wall. Let's move on.:ChairHit:
whackem'n'stackem Wrote:I might as well be chattin' to a brick wall. Let's move on.:ChairHit:

Yeah boy.:eyeroll:
I'll see you on the Highlands vs. Pulaski Co. thread.......JC is done.
whackem'n'stackem Wrote:I'll see you on the Highlands vs. Pulaski Co. thread.......JC is done.

Wont be on that one, but good luck against them anyways next friday.
Mr.Kimball Wrote:To repeat your wise words from Thursday.

I'm waiting!!!!

He means 100% healthy with available players. I think you are smart enough (I hope) to realize that we have been without our starting QB since mid season.
sstack Wrote:He means 100% healthy with available players. I think you are smart enough (I hope) to realize that we have been without our starting QB since mid season.

What's this hope stuff?? lol

Yeah, I know what he meant. Your former starting QB does perform in other capacities though, correct?
  •  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next