Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
State Championship: Which Team Surprised You The Most?
Which state championship team (winner or loser) surprised you the most?

After the way that some of these games shook out--we could have some interesting answers here. What do you think?

Mine:
Owensboro Catholic--I expected a little more size and a better offensive game plan against a team that isn't used to a pass happy offense.

St. Xavier--I think that they came out flat, which is something that usually doesn't happen in a game against Trinity.
I'll take Trinity for the fact of the turnaround they made and not letting the mind game of being beat badly last time linger. Congrats to the 'Rocks.

My other surprise would be the Purples of Bowling Green. They were really beat in all phases of the game by LexCath
Lexington Catholic
Lexington Catholic- The Knights flat out manhandled Bowling Green, and scored almost as many points (49) on the BG defense as they had allowed (54) all year before that game. LC didn't come out intimidated by this team's defense, and executed very well.

Trinity- I didn't think the Rocks stood much of a chance, especially when St. X came out and scored quickly, but Trinity bounced right back, and their defense stepped it up and held off St. X for the rest of the game.
BG was over-rated.
OCath... you figured they would ahve learned their lesson from last year that if you can't stop the run you can't win the title
Trinity for me. That kind of early season point lose makeup was surprising for me. Next would be OCath. But I do believe they were overrated also.
Trinity surprised me, and conversely St. X surprised me.
The team that surprised me the most was Mayfield. I thought the class a games was going to be the best matchup.
There was no way that I could have picked Bowling Green to get beat the way they did! I feel as if Mayfield was a big let down also! I also did think Russell would handle OC the way they did! They played great "D"!
L C
trinity defnatley was an underdog and the bowling green/mayfield defnatley suprised me