Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How 'bout you Pike County football fans?
In years past, Belfry or Pikeville would be the only remaining teams in the KHSAA football regional championships. There would then always be a huge outcry by their fans to support the MAROON or support the RED as far as they could go. The Phelps, Shelby Valleys, and East Ridges have all done so each year even thought they are bitter rivals most of the time.

Now it's time this year to pull for the ORANGE ! It's Pike County's last shot at Bowling Green and Hawk fans have pulled for Belfry and Pikeville in football and Shelby Valley in basketball in years past !Let's see if the RED and MAROON can do the same for PC this year ! Here's hoping the HAWKS get the same support !

Pack the Nest Friday Night! Feathers will fly and hopefully the Cardinals will get stuck, plucked and trucked back to Martin County!

GO BIG ORANGE !!!!!!!!!!:Thumbs:
i Have heard that some belfry fans are coming to support the hawks how true that is idk.
thats just what i have heard but it would be a good thing to do
GOODLUCK HAWKS!
show them who you really are.
and send them cards back home!
soccer fan Wrote:i Have heard that some belfry fans are coming to support the hawks how true that is idk.
thats just what i have heard but it would be a good thing to do
GOODLUCK HAWKS!
show them who you really are.
and send them cards back home!

This PIKEVILLE FAN will be there.
This is very true. The 'sub-par' teams are finially starting to catch back up. Shelby Valley and Pike Central are quickly gaining at the feet of Belfry and Pikeville. While East Ridge and Phelps arnt that much behind. Id love too see 50 years in the future when al Pike Co schools combine....
Some of our spirit section is heading over dressed in orange Friday.
Belfry0304 Wrote:Some of our spirit section is heading over dressed in orange Friday.

classy thanks:Thumbs:
I would think that some will be pulling for the Belfry alum
D WINS Wrote:I would think that some will be pulling for the Belfry alum

As individuals I want every Cardinal to succeed, but as a team I want Pike Central to win the game.
If Im not working friday night or my wife isnt in labor Ill be there. I doubt Ill be wearing orange but I will be pulling for Central.
Good Deal.

Thanks Everyone...We need as much support as we can get.
I can't be there, but I'll be wishing for a PCC win. Even thoufh I live in Lexington, my Pike County loyalty will be as strong as ever. I send a resounding...Go Hawks!!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ill be there hopefully it will be a great game a most likely a packed house, lets hope pike central can get this one in the bag... after Mason county they deserve to go all the way
D WINS Wrote:I would think that some will be pulling for the Belfry alum

That's just it "Belfry Alum". And if I had to guess I would say more than some are pulling for the Belfry boy. I would be one in that category. Im not going to hide it, I'll be rooting for Shawn and the Cardinals in this one. If PC can win and advance then my loyalty will be with PC from that point on. I guess Im just excited to see Shawn in this position. He deserves every great thing he is getting this season. Good Luck Cardinals.
I'd like to see Central finally do some good in the playoffs.
I will be pulling for Shawn, but i would rather see Pike Central win. This is no disrespect to the Cards, but it's just who I will be for. If the Cards do win, and the bandwagon can hold one more, I will be squarely on it. I always support mountain teams. I think it is great that one "local" team is guaranteed a spot in the state semis. I already know of several Belfry fans who will be going to the game. That is the only thing we/they know to do this time of year on a Friday night.:biggrin:
TongueirateShoTongueirateSho
Salimander Wrote:In years past, Belfry or Pikeville would be the only remaining teams in the KHSAA football regional championships. There would then always be a huge outcry by their fans to support the MAROON or support the RED as far as they could go. The Phelps, Shelby Valleys, and East Ridges have all done so each year even thought they are bitter rivals most of the time.

Now it's time this year to pull for the ORANGE ! It's Pike County's last shot at Bowling Green and Hawk fans have pulled for Belfry and Pikeville in football and Shelby Valley in basketball in years past !Let's see if the RED and MAROON can do the same for PC this year ! Here's hoping the HAWKS get the same support !

Pack the Nest Friday Night! Feathers will fly and hopefully the Cardinals will get stuck, plucked and trucked back to Martin County!

GO BIG ORANGE !!!!!!!!!!:Thumbs:
this pirate fan and my wife will be there. we always support any pike county team. good luck friday night and hopefully every kid has a great game and no one gets injured. go hawksTongueirateShoTongueirateShoTongueirateShoTongueirateSho
It's great how everyone pulls together in the playoffs it shows a lot of class in our community as a whole. If it were Belfry or any other team in Pike Co. I know I would be there dressed in their colors and showing my support. We have the greatest people on earth right here in Pike Co.
Good Luck Pike Central Hawks! We here in Cougar town are pulling for you.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
Belfry0304 Wrote:As individuals I want every Cardinal to succeed, but as a team I want Pike Central to win the game.

i agree to some of that, but if i was a team that got beat,i would want to be beat by a team that went the state final or won the finals..
Good luck to all the mountain teams....P-Burg, Letcher, Hazard and expecially the HAWKS!
This Phelps kid will be at the P-Burg game..go P-Burg.
AandB Wrote:It's great how everyone pulls together in the playoffs it shows a lot of class in our community as a whole. If it were Belfry or any other team in Pike Co. I know I would be there dressed in their colors and showing my support. We have the greatest people on earth right here in Pike Co.

Next year, if we make it, I might just take you up on the "dressed in their colors" and send you a nice RED shirt!! LOLOL.... Smile

If you need assistance feel free to e-mail me at:
[email=phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com]phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com[/email]
phelpsboy81 Wrote:This Phelps kid will be at the P-Burg game..go P-Burg.

Then go to the Prestonsburg thread
phs1986 Wrote:Next year, if we make it, I might just take you up on the "dressed in their colors" and send you a nice RED shirt!! LOLOL.... Smile

I don't know about a Red Belfry shirt, but I would where a red sweater or something. My son would kill me if I actually wore the name. LOL You understand right.
They have my suport.