Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ufc 105
Still a big draw despite diminishing skills, Randy Couture drops down to 205 after punishing losses at the hands of Brock Lesnar and Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira. Across the cage will be Brandon Vera, a fighter once believed to be the future of the heavyweight division who doesn't even crack the light heavyweight Top 10 in the UFC. Of course, that doesn't stop him from continuing to discuss his future as both the light heavyweight and heavyweight champion.
Randy Couture vs. Brandon Vera is about to begin!
Wow, Couture has the body of a 20 year old, not a 40.
Vera catches Couture early but Randy clinches immediately
The round comes to a close with little action probably 10-9 since Vera landed that opening punch. Besides that the round was completely even
Couture poked in the eye
Second round begins with an inadvertent low blow and eye poke from Vera. Couture recovers and shoots for a single leg but Vera successfully defends it. Followed by more clinching.
Vera lands two kicks and follows it with a knee which drops Couture. Randy appears to have lost the fountain of youth.
Randy Couture starts round three with a flourish and cuts Vera. First time Randy has looked good tonight.
fun fight, but not a great fight. Couture at 46 did show that he still has some fight left in him. Body did look better than the skills though
Vera landed three flush leg kicks but clinches again. Its just like when Brandon fought Tim Sylvia, flashes of excitement followed by hugging, I mean clinching.
Randy Couture def. Brandon Vera via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28).
Main Card

•Randy Couture def. Brandon Vera via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28).

•Dan Hardy def. Mike Swick via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 29-28).
•Michael Bisping def. Denis Kang via TKO (strikes) - Round 2, 4:24.
•Matt Brown def. James Wilks via TKO (punches) - Round 3, 2:27.
•Ross Pearson def. Aaron Riley via TKO (doctor's stoppage) - Round 2, 4:38.

Preliminary Card

•John Hathaway def. Paul Taylor via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-26).
•Terry Etim def. Shannon Gugerty via submission (guillotine choke) - Round 2, 1:24.
•Nick Osipczak def. Matthew Riddle via TKO (punches) - Round 3, 3:53.
•Dennis Siver def. Paul Kelly via TKO (strikes) - Round 2, 2:53
•Alexander Gustafsson def. Jared Hamman via knockout (punches) - Round 1, 0:41.
•Andre Winner def. Rolando Delgado via knockout (punch) - Round 1, 3:22.
I honestly thought Vera won the fight 29-28.

Ah Well...I'm still happy.

I like Randy Smile
^ I did too.
I didnt see that. He won the second possibly. Boring fight, but Randy did what he had to do to secure the win. Vera spent 90% of the fight with his back pressed against the cage. I assume thats loss of Octagon control in the judges eyes.