Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kentucky 24 Vanderbilt 13
final

the win makes Kentucky bowl eligible for the 4th straight year.
Good game, had me worried early. Lets go bowling!!!
The announcers were talking about how Cobb is underrated. I want to add that UK's offensive line and Derrick Locke are as well.
Great win for UK! They dominated the LOS, controlled the tempo, and took care of business. Newton's pass to King on UK's key 4th Quarter drive was a pass I honestly can't see Hartline making if he is in the game. UK's defense was lights out in the 2nd Half!

Two other notes:
1. Congrats to Somerset's John Cole on a fantastic game! His TD was very impressive with Lindley covering.

2. If anyone has the chance to accept 1st Row tickets in Section I, I strongly reccomend asking for 2nd row instead Big Grin

I'll post a couple pics shortly.
Looks like the Cats will be going bowling for a forth straight time. Didn't think Hartline was ready to be put in as he didn't make very good decisions. Newton is the way to go IMO. But the ball has got to be in Cobb or Locke's hands just about everytime we have an offensive possession. Those two are two of the most underrated players in the SEC and they continue to get it done. The defense was good today, although they made a few mistakes.

Does anyone else think we play a lot better on the road?

GBB!
Kentucky is going Bowling for the 4th straight year
Kentucky escaped with a victory, but IMO did not outplay Vanderbilt
Very good win by the Cats, now lets get Georgia.:Wave:
Congrats on winning your first SEC East game in two years. Right now, my money is on a WVU/UK matchup in the Papa John's Bowl. Ought to be a right good game. It will be billed as Grandpa vs Gomer.
Stardust Wrote:Kentucky escaped with a victory, but IMO did not outplay Vanderbilt

First half. No. But did u even see the second half????
I'm in love with Tawnya.. hehe..

Tom is not my friend....

if you have any questions send me a p.m.
Stardust Wrote:Kentucky escaped with a victory, but IMO did not outplay Vanderbilt

Being at the game I totally disagree.

The yardage was even at the half and UK was only down three despite the fact they had two easy fumble recoveries missed, the lone Vandy score came on a sensational play that doesn't happen 9/10 times, they also threw two INT's off of tipped balls that directly resulted in 10 Commodore points.

The 2nd Half UK allowed less than 40 total yards!

UK ran for over 300 yards and physically manhandled Vandy up front.
dangerousdaneerfan Wrote:Congrats on winning your first SEC East game in two years. Right now, my money is on a WVU/UK matchup in the Papa John's Bowl. Ought to be a right good game. It will be billed as Grandpa vs Gomer.

Auburn...... now go back to watching gametapes of RichRod and thinking "What could have been"....
You have to ignore DangerousDan he gets a little confused like WVU's coach.
dangerousdaneerfan Wrote:Congrats on winning your first SEC East game in two years. Right now, my money is on a WVU/UK matchup in the Papa John's Bowl. Ought to be a right good game. It will be billed as Grandpa vs Gomer.
I hope UK does play WVU because i'm not sure WVU is even good enough to beat UK in football.
CatDawg Wrote:You have to ignore DangerousDan he gets a little confused like WVU's coach.

I said SEC EAST. Unless I am some kind of dumb hillbilly, Auburn is in the SEC West.

What a day. UK wins their first SEC East game in two years and Lousyville wins their first Big East game after losing 9 straight.
dangerousdaneerfan Wrote:I said SEC EAST. Unless I am some kind of dumb hillbilly, Auburn is in the SEC West.

What a day. UK wins their first SEC East game in two years and Lousyville wins their first Big East game after losing 9 straight.

Not a dumb hillbilly..but defintitely didn't realize the point is WVU got schooled by the same Auburn team that UK beat, thus no leg for dangerousdan to tak any smack this year.
Shreeeeeeeeevepooooooooorttttttttt.......
I most say I'm sorry to DDEF I didn't see the East part of his comment.
how bout them wildcats
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Didn't get a chance to watch or listen to the game because i had to work. Glad to see the Wildcats come out of there with a win!! Congrats wildcats! Let's go bowling!!
For a team without regular QB the cats are doing great. Coaches keep making some very good adjustments...
Funny thing is we're still pretty satisfied with UK getting to a bowl. I want them to get a big bowl but it still has a great feeling just to get there again. Four years in a row who would have ever thought that was possible.
CatDawg Wrote:Funny thing is we're still pretty satisfied with UK getting to a bowl. I want them to get a big bowl but it still has a great feeling just to get there again. Four years in a row who would have ever thought that was possible.

Amen. We would not be satisfied to go to the NIT for Basketball. Why are we satisfied to have our football season finish before Christmas every year.
Stardust Wrote:Amen. We would not be satisfied to go to the NIT for Basketball. Why are we satisfied to have our football season finish before Christmas every year.

Actually, the Liberty Bowl was played on New Years day last season.
Main thing I took from this game, Kentucky should have gotten serious about John Cole. He is better than any receiver UK has minus Randall Cobb. It really disturbs me that we are missing out on great players like John Cole and Channing Fugate sitting right at our back door.
Cole made the ESPN top 10 plays with his catch today coming in at 2nd...Congrats to him!!!!!
RoShamBo Wrote:Main thing I took from this game, Kentucky should have gotten serious about John Cole. He is better than any receiver UK has minus Randall Cobb. It really disturbs me that we are missing out on great players like John Cole and Channing Fugate sitting right at our back door.

The guy has 1 touchdown all yeaR?
Wildcatk23 Wrote:The guy has 1 touchdown all yeaR?

You obviously haven't been watching Vandy play this year. 'The guy' is probably the most talented player on the entire offense, they just can't get him the ball. If he were with UK this year he'd be one of our top 5 players. He was beating our All American corner all over the field.
RoShamBo Wrote:You obviously haven't been watching Vandy play this year. 'The guy' is probably the most talented player on the entire offense, they just can't get him the ball. If he were with UK this year he'd be one of our top 5 players. He was beating our All American corner all over the field.

He had 5 catches for 61 yards and an incredibly lucky catch in the in-zone. Lindley is no where near 100% either.
RoShamBo Wrote:You obviously haven't been watching Vandy play this year. 'The guy' is probably the most talented player on the entire offense, they just can't get him the ball. If he were with UK this year he'd be one of our top 5 players. He was beating our All American corner all over the field.

No he wasn't. He made one spectacular catch when Lindley had man coverage and tipped the ball. The other catches came either on short route to the flat or against zone coverage.UK went predominately man to man in the 2nd Half and Cole disappeared.

He is a great player and I would rather have him over a couple WR's UK took over him (Deaunte Mason, McCaskill, Adeyemi, etc), but you have embellished him a little too much.