Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Johnson Central
27.00%
Highlands
73.00%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Johnson Central @ Highlands 11/20
sstack Wrote:I am glad you listed the places on the south side of town that Charlie22 did not know about. He must be one of the north Fort Thomas snobs that is not allowed past the center of town, that an earlier poster was talking about.:lmao:

One thing is for sure, you won't find the usual fast food places inside Ft. Thomas as is found next door to JCHS, so they may need to plan ahead.
Zippidydoodah Wrote:One thing is for sure, you won't find the usual fast food places inside Ft. Thomas as is found next door to JCHS, so they may need to plan ahead.

Carothers Road has McDonalds, Burger King, Wendys and a KFC/LJS. There's also a Skyline Chili and LaRosa's Pizza on that strip. Crestview would be another good option just off of I-275. The Towne Center out there has a more upscale group of restaurants, all of which would make a decent game-night meal. It's still about fifteen minutes from where you'll park, but with enough lead time you should be fine.
Thanks for the helpful info!
To JC fans "The Third Reich" has taken over this year at the Highlands games and will not allow any fans to come into the stadium before 6:30. Just wanted to make you aware of that.
Highlands in a blowout....again.....and again....you get the idea.
NCC41 Wrote:To JC fans "The Third Reich" has taken over this year at the Highlands games and will not allow any fans to come into the stadium before 6:30. Just wanted to make you aware of that.

PS: Be sure to have a breath mint handy! :biggrin:
nice field at highlands but not really liking the whole bleachers behind visiting team bench....its small and compact like cameron indoor....
sstack Wrote:I am glad you listed the places on the south side of town that Charlie22 did not know about. He must be one of the north Fort Thomas snobs that is not allowed past the center of town, that an earlier poster was talking about.:lmao:

Yeah, sure, right.
PS: I grew up in the south end and played for the green team. :Thumbs:
sstack Wrote:What games did you see, because with Bardo at QB they were better, and with Towels they are just as good. We still have Bardo at RB and special teams and he is a threat to go all the way any time he touches the ball. My question is what is JC going to do when Highlands gets a lead and stops the running game.

Wow, You're already assuming they're gonna stop the running game of JC? You didn't stop it last year...Two touchdown passes over top of a Freshman and Sophomore and a fumble by a kid who hadnt fumbled all season was the turning points of this game...As i recall, HHS never STOPPED JC's running game. Im not making excuses for the mental mistakes JC had, but if you wanna talk about HHS stopping JC last year it's going to be a simple, short conversation...THEY DIDN'T
charlie22 Wrote:Yeah, sure, right.
PS: I grew up in the south end and played for the green team. :Thumbs:

And unless I miss my guess, you also coached a little green team ball?
NCC41 Wrote:"The Third Reich"

???? You lost me.
Can you dig it? Wrote:???? You lost me.

This year the school or school board has assigned a person to run the logistical stuff at the game. I think he’s in charge of ticket takers and people working the gates. There was a rule change that the gates will open up no earlier than one hour before the game starts. The young man in charge is shall we say very enamored with his new found authority.
NCC41 Wrote:This year the school or school board has assigned a person to run the logistical stuff at the game. I think he’s in charge of ticket takers and people working the gates. There was a rule change that the gates will open up no earlier than one hour before the game starts. The young man in charge is shall we say very enamored with his new found authority.

:biggrin: Yeah, some of them get like that.
Since you mentioned ticket-takers it reminded me of something. Any idea why last week all tickets were $5 and the previous week they were $6 adults, $5 students? Doesn't the KHSAA control ticket prices for the playoffs, or is it just the finals?
mountain_warrior Wrote:Wow, You're already assuming they're gonna stop the running game of JC? You didn't stop it last year...Two touchdown passes over top of a Freshman and Sophomore and a fumble by a kid who hadnt fumbled all season was the turning points of this game...As i recall, HHS never STOPPED JC's running game. Im not making excuses for the mental mistakes JC had, but if you wanna talk about HHS stopping JC last year it's going to be a simple, short conversation...THEY DIDN'T

Highlands broke a tie with three straight second-half touchdowns as the Bluebirds beat Johnson Central, 35-14 in a Class 5A state quarterfinal on Friday.

The score was tied, 7-7 at halftime, but Highlands senior quarterback Tony Guidugli completed a 66-yard touchdown pass to sophomore Daniel Gold on the first play from scrimmage to give the Bluebirds a 14-7 lead 18 seconds into the third quarter.

Johnson Central tied the score on its next possession, then Guidugli connected with junior Nick Buten on the third play of Highlands’ next drive to make it 21-14.

The Golden Eagles threatened again, driving to the Highlands 24 when sophomore Tanner Bratton fumbled. Highlands senior Kody Rosenhagen scooped up the fumble and returned it 75 yards for a touchdown with 37 seconds remaining in the third quarter.

Senior Josh Conner iced the game on Highlands’ next possession when he broke free for a 42-yard TD, making it 35-14.

Guidugli finished 8-for-10 for 188 yards and three touchdowns. Conner had 10 carries for 95 yards and one TD.

The Bluebirds finished with 189 rushing yards and 188 passing for a total of 377. Johnson Central had 354 yards of offense – the Golden Eagles rushed for 348 yards but passed for just six.
Can you dig it? Wrote::biggrin: Yeah, some of them get like that.
Since you mentioned ticket-takers it reminded me of something. Any idea why last week all tickets were $5 and the previous week they were $6 adults, $5 students? Doesn't the KHSAA control ticket prices for the playoffs, or is it just the finals?

I think it's the KHSAA. The price of a ticket this Friday should $5.00 for all.
Big_Wiggle33 Wrote:nice field at highlands but not really liking the whole bleachers behind visiting team bench....its small and compact like cameron indoor....

Highlands is an intimidating place for visiting teams to play for that very reason. The visiting teams sideline is VERY close to the stands and people are walking on the field behind them all night.
NCC41 Wrote:I think it's the KHSAA. The price of a ticket this Friday should $5.00 for all.

That's what I thought. I wonder why the first week was different.
I won't say Central will win this game.

But I WILL say that I believe Central will give Highlands the sternest test they get during the 5A playoffs this year.
Diogenes Wrote:I won't say Central will win this game.

But I WILL say that I believe Central will give Highlands the sternest test they get during the 5A playoffs this year.

That's nice and all I guess saying you're gonna give them a game or a good test. But unfortunately you don't move on by giving someone a good game or a stern test. I like the JC posters who say,” we’re coming up there and we're gonna play smashed mouth football and win the game." Do you think the Highland's folks are saying, "Well I think the Highlands boys will give'em a good game, or play'em tough?" Heck no! I'm sure the JC players aren't thinking like that. As I've said before, Central will not win this game, period! If anything short of a win is satisfactory to your program then you've got a ways to go.

Having said that I hope and pray your trip to Northern Kentucky is a very safe one and that all players involved come out of the game healthy. I also realize that next year the Birds faithful may be traveling to Johnson Central.
highlands loses
mountain_warrior Wrote:Wow, You're already assuming they're gonna stop the running game of JC? You didn't stop it last year...Two touchdown passes over top of a Freshman and Sophomore and a fumble by a kid who hadnt fumbled all season was the turning points of this game...As i recall, HHS never STOPPED JC's running game. Im not making excuses for the mental mistakes JC had, but if you wanna talk about HHS stopping JC last year it's going to be a simple, short conversation...THEY DIDN'T

UH, final score? I believe we DID stop JC last year. Did that young man decide to just drop the ball? NO...he got smash-mouthed and stripped from the ball on a very heady play by all state DE Kody Rosenhagen, who proceded to take the rock 75 yds the other way for a score. JC DID have the nation's #3 rushing attack, but probably the #3000 passing. One dimensional teams don't win titles. :dontthink
Diogenes Wrote:I won't say Central will win this game.

Doubtful...both John Hardin and Bowling Green are better teams than JC, IMO.
GO JC, beat the bluebirds!
heres the schedule jc has played

12-0 boyle co 49 jc 6
3-8 horn lake mississippi 33 jc 20
11-1
kywldcat01 Wrote:Highlands is an intimidating place for visiting teams to play for that very reason. The visiting teams sideline is VERY close to the stands and people are walking on the field behind them all night.

They allow people to walk on the field behind the visiting team? Or is there a walkway behind the fence?
Blau Vogel Wrote:Oct 17, 09 Highlands vs Covington Catholic 36 - 7 (W)
Defense gives up 0 points

C-Timmerman 91 fumble return (Talkers kick)
H-Towles 31 run (run failed)
H-Collinsworth 1 run (run failed)
H-Fennell 2 run (Weinel kick)
H-Collinsworth 4 run (Weinel kick)
H-Fennell 13 run (Weinel kick)
H-Weinel FG 30

Nov 13, 09 Johnson Central vs Covington Catholic 51 - 32

Oct 23, 09 Highlands vs Scott 67 - 20
1st D gives up 7

H-Towles 2 run (Weinel kick)
H-Fennell 10 run (kick failed)
S-Patton 22 pass from Z. Sowder (Z. Sowder kick)
H-Fennell 3 run (Weinel kick)
H-Bardo 13 run (Weinel kick)
H-Streeter 1 run (Weinel kick)
H-Buten 5 pass from Towles (Weinel kick)
H-Seidel 14 blocked punt return (Weinel kick)
S-Farris 4 pass from Z. Sowder (Z. Sowder kick)
S-Z. Sowder 19 run (kick failed)
H-Bardo 14 run (New kick)
H-Hollinsworth 7 fumble return (kick failed)
H-True 22 pass from New (kick failed)

Johnson Central vs Scott 62 - 41

THOMCAT Wrote:Some of the predictions so far on this thread

Highlands by 30+ Stardust
Highlands by 43 Catdawg
Highlands by 48 Belfry99
Highlands by 42 kywldcat01
Highlands by 36 RoShamBo
Highlands by 42 the watcher
Highlands by 55 gyrche11

Some on this thread like to list stats between Johnson Central and Covington Catholic and Scott.

Highlands has scored 468 (39.0 per game) and given up 126 (10.5 per game). That means Highlands wins by an average of 28.5 per game.

Highlands has played 10 teams from Kentucky and 2 teams from Ohio (I do not have records for the Ohio teams). The Kentucky opponents records are as follows:

5-7
8-4
8-4
4-7
5-7
6-6
2-9
8-4
3-8
5-7

These combined records for Highlands Kentucky opponents are 54-63.

What do these stats mean? About as much as comparing Johnson Central vs. Scott to Highlands vs. Scott and Johnson Central vs. Covington Catholic to Highlands vs. Covington Catholic.

I think I will hold off on a prediction and wait till Friday night and let the mighty Northern Kentucky Highlands Bluebirds and the poor old Eastern Kentucky Johnson Central Eagles decide who advances with a chance for a state championship.

Highlands is a very good team and can win a state championship. However, I also believe that if Johnson Central plays as they are capable, they can suprise a lot of people.

:Thumbs: Go Eagles, We believe.:Thumbs:

heres the schedule jc has played

12-0 boyle co 49 jc 6
3-8 horn lake mississippi 33 jc 20
11-1 bell co 33 jc 6
7-4 sc 22 jc 14..7turnovers for jc 24 in the first 4 games
6-5 middlesbro 22 jc 49
6-5 breathitt co 12 jc 36`
9-2 ashland 27 jc 28
5-6 woodford 20ish jc 60ish haha
2-9 mont co 6 jc 43
7-4 belfy 13 jc 36
thats 62-44 oppt. record reg season..
Bad start to the year for jc..the boyle co game no shot the way they played..bell co they played a great first half...turnovers killed them in the 1st 4 games not saying they would have 1 but it never helps...friday when they play highlands..jc cannot make misteaks but i think if jc plays a perfict game the lack od debit will hurt jc...but jc can and will run on the bluebirds with hall jude dillon and braton its the tierd d in the 2nd half that really hurts the eagles

shootout..
bluebirds 49
jc 36
All JC needs to do is come out and play your game and execute. Do not get caught up in all the Highland hype and starpower. JC has played the same basic talent last year and know they can play with Highlands. It will take an A game to beat Highlands, and I feel Matney will have the troups ready.
Eagle_Fan442 Wrote:They allow people to walk on the field behind the visiting team? Or is there a walkway behind the fence?

Behind the visiting team bench, and I mean just behind, there is a rope that divides the team and the stands. There is about 4 ft. behind the visiting team and the stands that people walk thru to get to their seats. You can touch the players as you walk thru.

Yes, I guess you could say you are on the field because you are walking on the field turf.
highlands big
well...
HHS-41
JCHS-14
  •  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next