Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Johnson Central
27.00%
Highlands
73.00%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Johnson Central @ Highlands 11/20
Highlands by 27
OrangenowBlue Wrote:Highlands by 27

Completely reasonable.:rockon:
kywldcat01 Wrote:I agree...either you believe your team is gonna win or you don't.

With that said, I am another (like you) that is guarenteeing that Highlands wins this game and it isn't close.

Highlands wins this game by ATLEAST 4 td's (28 points). If I'm wrong, I'll gladly eat crow.

You gladly ate crow last week too, if I remember correctly. :eyeroll:
just another bump in the road as highlands is on there way to another state title
Dont worry Eagle fans, I remember posting on the JC/Highlands thread last year and the same predictions occurred! And they were supposed to beat JC by "whatever they wanted"...idt a 7-7 Halftime score was what the Bluebirds wanted...The facts are its a new year and a new team...I have seen Highlands play this year and imo they aren't as good offensively without Guiduli at the helm...Friday will answer all questions when two very different style football teams collide...Good luck JC
Elder beat St. X. The Birds can toss their National Championship. They're not the same team anyway. They need State to stay ranked nationally. Looks like these Johnson Central kids are looking to take the Bluebirds heads off this friday. Apparently their offense can't be stopped by any defense in the state.
mountain_warrior Wrote:Dont worry Eagle fans, I remember posting on the JC/Highlands thread last year and the same predictions occurred! And they were supposed to beat JC by "whatever they wanted"...idt a 7-7 Halftime score was what the Bluebirds wanted...The facts are its a new year and a new team...I have seen Highlands play this year and imo they aren't as good offensively without Guiduli at the helm...Friday will answer all questions when two very different style football teams collide...Good luck JC

What games did you see, because with Bardo at QB they were better, and with Towels they are just as good. We still have Bardo at RB and special teams and he is a threat to go all the way any time he touches the ball. My question is what is JC going to do when Highlands gets a lead and stops the running game.
Highlands wins but JC will play great
Highlands-49
JC-22
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Don't know if the Highlands posters came down to the game between these two last year.
There was a surprisingly extremely small band of followers making the trip. But those who did come know that JC ran the ball against Highlands with ease. Pass defense killed JC last year, and if they can't play any pass defense they will get creamed this year. JC will move the ball on the ground at will though.
jetpilot Wrote:Don't know if the Highlands posters came down to the game between these two last year.
There was a surprisingly extremely small band of followers making the trip. But those who did come know that JC ran the ball against Highlands with ease. Pass defense killed JC last year, and if they can't play any pass defense they will get creamed this year. JC will move the ball on the ground at will though.

I was there. Took pics of the cannon and everything. The only thing I missed out on was a chili dog at DQ. Couldn't find it.
All the experts have analysized and compared the teams JC and Highland have played and it appears some poster think JC should just stay in Painstville and not even show. There is respect and intimidation. We as JC fans respect Highland and its great program, we know they have a great team this year. We are not intimidated by Highlands. Playing on the Highland field and all the banners will not phase us, just make us play harder. From the coaches to the players to the fans we are planning on coming up their and winning. That is the way we do business, show up to win every game regardless of the odds or what people say.
Best of luck Eagles. Sorry but there just ain't no way you are playing the best. Just play your best.
MonsterMan Wrote:All the experts have analysized and compared the teams JC and Highland have played and it appears some poster think JC should just stay in Painstville and not even show. There is respect and intimidation. We as JC fans respect Highland and its great program, we know they have a great team this year. We are not intimidated by Highlands. Playing on the Highland field and all the banners will not phase us, just make us play harder. From the coaches to the players to the fans we are planning on coming up their and winning. That is the way we do business, show up to win every game regardless of the odds or what people say.

I would feel the same way if I were a JC fan but I'm not. JC is not imtimidated by Highlands and guess what Highlands is not imtimidated by JC. The players wish that most of us would not post this stuff and let the players decide who is best. I wish both teams the best but JC has not played against a team like this all year and last year we did not have Roller to stop the run in the middle of the field. We both have good teams and I expect a whale of a game. From what I'm reading JC feels they can play with Highlands, let the fur fly and we'll find out Friday.:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:
Can you dig it? Wrote:I was there. Took pics of the cannon and everything. The only thing I missed out on was a chili dog at DQ. Couldn't find it.
Man them chili Dogs are good. And i dont understand why these people keep talking abt the small number of highlands fans. i think You guys brought like six tour buses and almost completely filled the away stands at JC.
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:Man them chili Dogs are good. And i dont understand why these people keep talking abt the small number of highlands fans. i think You guys brought like six tour buses and almost completely filled the away stands at JC.

We wound up eating at Sonic. How close were we to DQ? (In case we get to do another Paintsville trip.)
I thought we brought a pretty decent crowd, considering the distance and time of year. It was also pretty good at Whitley the following week.
MonsterMan Wrote:All the experts have analysized and compared the teams JC and Highland have played and it appears some poster think JC should just stay in Painstville and not even show.

No, no, no. Trust me, we WANT you to show up. That way there will be no doubts about which team is the better. Be sure to COME TO PLAY and don't forget the SMASH MOUTH FOOTBALL.:eyeroll:
Seriously, you might think that we get tired of the whole state championship road thing that runs through here each year, but nothing could be further from the truth. Every game is a big deal here, win or lose. Not one to wish my life away, but Friday can't get here soon enough.:rockon:
Should be one of the tougher games that Highlands has played this season.

Highlands- 42
JC-24
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:Man them chili Dogs are good. And i dont understand why these people keep talking abt the small number of highlands fans. i think You guys brought like six tour buses and almost completely filled the away stands at JC.

I agree, I was at the game and the visitor side was full. That is impressive crowd for a long drive. I bet HHS had more fans there than some of the local teams do during regular season games. I will be interested to see how many JC fans make the trip north.
leecoukfan Wrote:Should be one of the tougher games that Highlands has played this season.

Highlands- 42
JC-24

I'll be happy with that.
jetpilot Wrote:Don't know if the Highlands posters came down to the game between these two last year.

Yes, JC did rush for alot of yards last year, but HHS played bend but don't break D and did not give up alot of points. You are going to be disappointed if you think they are going to move the ball at will this year. I am not saying HHS will completely shut JC down, but they will not move the ball with ease. I ask JC fans this (and be honest); has JC improved the passing game at all ( I think they threw like 8 passes coming into the HHS game last year), and have you gone up agianst any team that passes the ball at least 40% of the time? JC will have to throw the ball Friday and will have to defend the pass! Cov Cath was very successful with the screen pass agianst JC and HHS is excellent with their screen plays, I expect HHS to make that call early and often.

Same thing I observed. Plus there were a fair number of Highlands fans standing and sitting on the JC side. I really thought we brought a nice crowd for a 3.5 hour trip. Oh well. More proof you can't please all of the people all of the time.

I think it will be a good game. JC does have a very, very good running game. Bratton, Jude, Dillon and Hall all run the ball very hard. You won't arm tackle them, that's for sure. I like how they take the first hit and keep the legs driving. Birds better wrap and gang tackle. And Jude and Hall have very nice speed. I expect to see a lot of qb keepers in this game. Nice o line that has improved dramatically since the beginning of the year. Not a sophisticated passing offense by any stretch, but they try to take advantage of teams when they overload to stop the run.

Defense has given up too many points to teams that Highlands pretty much shut down. Not sure if that's because they've lost focus once they've been up big, but that's defininitely a possibility. I really like the play of Ousley, Bratton, Jude and Dillon on defense. They play very aggressively. D line isn't stellar, but they get the job done. Pass defense looks shaky again this year, but I'm sure Matney will work a lot on that this week. Whether that weakens their run defense remains to be seen.

Kicking game is average. They won't kick the ball into the endzone, but they don't try. Lots of long squib kicks. Punting game is average, but as a result they don't out punt the coverage. Kids hustle down the field to cover kicks and punts.

Birds should do a better job stopping the run this year with Roller and Johnson on the field this year. Losing Roller last year in the Ashland game the week before JC was a big, big loss. Losing him would be like JC losing Bratton the week before playing Highlands. It made a big difference in Highlands run defense last year. Johnson has the body to take on JC's very big and talented center. That will be a great match up to watch for those inclined to watch line play.

Hope the JC fans travel well and safely. Parking is a mess whether you get to the game 3 hours or 30 minutes before the game. There is no off street school parking lot to use, but there is plenty of on street parking on the side streets nearby. For those JC fans that are going to make "the day of it", Newport on the Levee is relatively close and has a lot of things to do for entertainment, including a nationally recognized aquarium. Plenty of places to eat there also. Really no where to eat in Ft. Thomas proper other than a Subway and a very small sports bar called 915 (which is usually crowded with Ft. Thomas folks. Don't plan on walking in there an hour and a half before the game and thinking of catching a quick burger and being at the game on time).

Looking forward to a good, hard hitting football game. Go Birds.
charlie22 Wrote:Pass defense looks shaky again this year, but I'm sure Matney will work a lot on that this week. Whether that weakens their run defense remains to be seen.

Hope the JC fans travel well and safely. Parking is a mess whether you get to the game 3 hours or 30 minutes before the game. There is no off street school parking lot to use, but there is plenty of on street parking on the side streets nearby. For those JC fans that are going to make "the day of it", Newport on the Levee is relatively close and has a lot of things to do for entertainment, including a nationally recognized aquarium. Plenty of places to eat there also. Really no where to eat in Ft. Thomas proper other than a Subway and a very small sports bar called 915 (which is usually crowded with Ft. Thomas folks. Don't plan on walking in there an hour and a half before the game and thinking of catching a quick burger and being at the game on time).

Looking forward to a good, hard hitting football game. Go Birds.

I wouldn't want to be coming in to face Highlands with a shaky pass defense that I just started improving upon.

As for food, there's also Ft. Thomas Pizza, The Pub and The Midway Cafe in the south end of town. FTP has very good pizza. The Pub has typical bar fare. I believe The Midway has a mix of Mexican and bar fare, or at least it did when I was there last. Rio Grande' down on Carother's Road is the place to go for the best Mexican food locally, and there are plenty of other choices down there as well. (Carother's Road is within five minutes of the stellar "park and walk" locations around town.)
Can you dig it? Wrote:I wouldn't want to be coming in to face Highlands with a shaky pass defense that I just started improving upon.

As for food, there's also Ft. Thomas Pizza, The Pub and The Midway Cafe in the south end of town. FTP has very good pizza. The Pub has typical bar fare. I believe The Midway has a mix of Mexican and bar fare, or at least it did when I was there last. Rio Grande' down on Carother's Road is the place to go for the best Mexican food locally, and there are plenty of other choices down there as well. (Carother's Road is within five minutes of the stellar "park and walk" locations around town.)

I am glad you listed the places on the south side of town that Charlie22 did not know about. He must be one of the north Fort Thomas snobs that is not allowed past the center of town, that an earlier poster was talking about.:lmao:
Eagle_Fan442 Wrote:You gladly ate crow last week too, if I remember correctly. :eyeroll:

Indeed. You beat an average Covcath team last week though. Come to play Friday.

mountain_warrior Wrote:Dont worry Eagle fans, I remember posting on the JC/Highlands thread last year and the same predictions occurred! And they were supposed to beat JC by "whatever they wanted"...idt a 7-7 Halftime score was what the Bluebirds wanted...The facts are its a new year and a new team...{B]I have seen Highlands play this year and imo they aren't as good offensively without Guiduli at the helm[/B]...Friday will answer all questions when two very different style football teams collide...Good luck JC

You obviously haven't seen Highlands much if you really think that.

Towles isn't as much of a threat to run as Guidugli was, but he definetly is just as good in the passing game. The Birds also have both AC and Bardo in the backfield now...much better than last year's backfield and a lot faster as well.

This year's offense may not hvae put up the same numbers as last year's but this year's offense is every bit as good, if not better.

Highlands only gave up 52 yards on the ground to Cincy St. X....what makes you so confident that C will move the ball at will against the Birds defense?

leecoukfan Wrote:Should be one of the tougher games that Highlands has played this season.

Highlands- 42
JC-24

The Birds defense has allowed more than 14 points just twice this year and haven't allowed more than 20 in a game.

I doubt very seriously JC puts 24 on the board. If they do, it will be because Highlands has a big lead and they score on the second team.
mountain_warrior Wrote:Dont worry Eagle fans, I remember posting on the JC/Highlands thread last year and the same predictions occurred! And they were supposed to beat JC by "whatever they wanted"...idt a 7-7 Halftime score was what the Bluebirds wanted...The facts are its a new year and a new team...I have seen Highlands play this year and imo they aren't as good offensively without Guiduli at the helm...Friday will answer all questions when two very different style football teams collide...Good luck JC

Just curious as to which Highlands game you saw this year?
Highlands rolls in this one by 4+ TD's. I would like to see JC pull of the upset but i dont see it happening at Highlands.
To me it is a honor to play Highlands. Would love though to have someone to pull the slingshot, and take down the giants of High school football.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
Originally Posted by Eagle_Fan442
You gladly ate crow last week too, if I remember correctly.

Indeed. You beat an average Covcath team last week though. Come to play Friday.

Listen, everyone in the state of Kentucky knows what kind of a team Highlands is, and yes they are a very good team, and they should be with that many players that you can have a fresh 11 on both sides. JC has quite a few that has to play both ways every down, but I will guarantee you JC will most definately come to play Friday.
I don't know that Highlands is going to win this game no more than I know JC will win this game, thats why they play the game.
I hope this is a injury free game for both teams and all you Eagle fans are able to make the trip. Be safe..and we'll see you all Friday.
1. Avenue of Champions...Entrance to stadium
2. View from concession stand
3. South Goal
4. View to the north
5. View to the south
1. Visiting team "bench"...Fans walk between the team and stands all night.
2. Middle of the bleachers view.
3. View of field and bleachers.
4. Guess what this is? Oh yeah...the 2008 championship had not been added when this was taken.
  •  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next