Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Johnson Central
27.00%
Highlands
73.00%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 9(current)
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Johnson Central @ Highlands 11/20
From Cincinnati.com

Class 5A Johnson Central (8-4) at Highlands (12-0)
WHEN: 7:30 p.m. Friday

WHAT TO WATCH: Highlands sophomore quarterback Patrick Towles, who was a question mark when he replaced injured starter Will Bardo midseason, has become exactly what the Bluebirds need: a good decision maker and effective enough passer to keep teams from keying on Highlands' vaunted rushing attack. Since becoming the full-time starter, Towles has completed 40-of-78 passes for 821 yards, nine touchdowns and no interceptions. He also showed in last week's victory over Dixie Heights that he can throw the deep ball with precision. Highlands receivers John Drennan and Nick Buten both are vertical threats.

BOTTOM LINE: In the last decade, Highlands is 27-2 in home playoff games (not counting three forfeit losses in the 2004 postseason). The Bluebirds should keep that streak alive fairly easily.
good luck central from down at lawrence co....... ill pick johnson central 28-27 in a ot thriller
dawglc Wrote:good luck central from down at lawrence co....... ill pick johnson central 28-27 in a ot thriller

That's okay. I'm picking Bell to pimp-slap Lawrence County, so we're even.:devilflam
kywldcat01 Wrote:Considering JC would be Highlands ONLY loss, IF they were to pull the upset, I'm fairly confident they'd receive a tremendous amount of respect.

I personally have said time after time that I respect JC and their program and what Matney is building down there. I don't, however, respect some of the JC fans on here. Don't get the two mixed up. There's a big difference.

Highlands hasn't given up over 400 yards all year...let alone 400 on the ground. I doubt very seriously that happens.

Talk about the pot calling the kettle black. Maybe some JC posters feel the same way about some of the things you say. Is it just because you support HHS that you are always right and we should listen to everything you say.:worthy:
good luck to all highlands wins this easy
JC started off slow this year but won games when they needed to.....But i see Highlands coming away with the win in this one.
JC-14
Highlands-42
Eagle Eye Wrote:Talk about the pot calling the kettle black. Maybe some JC posters feel the same way about some of the things you say. Is it just because you support HHS that you are always right and we should listen to everything you say.:worthy:

Yes of course.:biggrin: Just kidding. I couldn't resist. :Thumbs:
THOMCAT Wrote:Mr.Kimball, welcome back my friend.

Thanks Tcat. Good to be outa the box.
Good luck to both teams but I think Highlands will win this as badly as they want to. Look for running clock and the freshmen in the 3rd quarter.
whackem'n'stackem Wrote:I'm going to say it for the last time to all the JC fans. Save the gas money and stay home, read about it in the Paintsville Herald and dream about a win next season. The Birds are in another zone this year and will only be beaten by themselves. Nice chattin' Kimbo......:redboxer:

:yikes: They will be the first to report a thumping if that is what happens. It might be the first ever saturday edition, hot off the press!! That is like saying for you to stay home and read about it in the cov cath school newspaper.:please:
Mr.Kimball Wrote:Thanks Tcat. Good to be outa the box.

Did you learn your lesson?:lmao:

People can't accept the truth!:Thumbs:
Good luck JC from Bell Co.
Lets keep it on-topic.
It's game day! Looking forward to the game. Should be good weather for football. Hope the Highlands faithful show up in big numbers tonight, last weeks game was disappointing with the turnout. How many JC fans are expected to make the trip, any charter busses heading north?
Good Luck Johnson central, because your going to need a whole lot of it. But anything is possible and that why we play the game instead of decide on paper. I'm sure coach Matney has his troops ready and good game plan to go with it, you gave them mighty bluebirds a scare last year. This year instead of a scare lets turn in to a reality!!!!!!!!!
Go Eagles!!!!!!!!!!
Bigblue#4 Wrote:Good Luck Johnson central, because your going to need a whole lot of it. But anything is possible and that why we play the game instead of decide on paper. I'm sure coach Matney has his troops ready and good game plan to go with it, you gave them mighty bluebirds a scare last year. This year instead of a scare lets turn in to a reality!!!!!!!!!
Go Eagles!!!!!!!!!!

Yes they sure did. Matney has built a very good program at JC.
sstack Wrote:So do you think your team is that much better than Cincy St X? That is the team that took it to Trinity and Louisville St X and the same team HHS beat and only gave up 7 pts to. You are going to have to hold HHS to less than 31 pts in order to win this game, because they will not give up 34 pts to JC.

Here is my prediction:

Bluebirds 24

Cincinnati Bengals 28
:igiveup:

Highlands speed killed the Bengals!!
To all the Johnson Central fans traveling; Have a safe trip and we will see you in the Fort in a few hours.

GO BIRDS:Cheerlead
I am here in Covington, let's play! Oh I'm early lol. Just making a day of it.
brown_ind1977 Wrote:I am here in Covington, let's play! Oh I'm early lol. Just making a day of it.

You picked a good day. It's beautiful out. I think we're supposed to ride this weather pattern through the weekend, so tonight should be great football weather.
Mr.Kimball Wrote:Bryan Station fans would have no basis to disagree with you. JC beat them last year (for the 4th or 5th straight time) despite losing 7 fumbles in that game with their backup QB at the helm.

Station fans DEFINITELY would have nothing to disagree with this year, since they've gone 6A. See everybody in a few hours. Wear your black.
99PIRATEFAN Wrote:Part of your statement is accurate. The part that is accurate is my statement that you will not win. I'm sorry if you think that is disrespecting your program. I don't disrespect your program. If Highlands played Bellevue tomorrow I would make the same statement. It doesn't mean I disrespect Belleview's football program. It means I'm certain that Highlands will win. Instead of the usual comments about the arrogance or cockiness of a poster please state the reasons why your team wins on Friday night. You've indicated, "If we” and “I think we can." I've stated, "you will not."

This year the Blue Birds can beat St. X THEY ARE THAT GOOD.[/QUOTE]

I have no disrespect for JC they have a very good football team this year
and every year i would like to see them win ever time they play besides
when they play us. I just think Highlands are to much this year.
Just past the school and no JC buses yet at 5o'clock. Do you think they might have some tired legs from being on the bus so close to game time?
My brother just said he saw a Johnson Co. School bus in Dry Ridge at 5:30pm. He wasn't sure if it was a player bus.
One of the guys I go to the games with was installing a windshield in Paintsville today and saw the buses leave around lunchtime. They'll be here. Don't worry.:eyeroll::biggrin:
sstack Wrote:Just past the school and no JC buses yet at 5o'clock. Do you think they might have some tired legs from being on the bus so close to game time?

Maybe they arranged to use the field of a non-playoff team to loosen up. CovCath, for instance.:devilflamTongueirateSho
  •  Previous
  • 9(current)