Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Design your plan...
Here we are in the midst of a debate on healthcare.

This is your chance to design your plan, and explain how it would work. Seems as if we have a lot of armchair politicians here... So share your ideas.

I've got my plan in the works and will provide it in a few days.
Well without putting hours of work into it, Ill just list some basics I would like to see. In all honesty I agree with Dems on a lot of it, but they take some stuff way to far.

First thing is to remove anti-trust laws from Insurance companies. Doing this will release the stranglehold the few companies that are out there have on the business creating more/better options for consumers, thus eliminating the need for a Govt based plan for everyone. Right now a few companies have a monopoly. his is evident in many facets of our economy, especially big oil. These companies no longer compete with each other, they work together to make them all money, and knock out any new up and comers from upsetting their wonderful deal they got going.

Require companies to cover pre-existing conditions, and also do not allow them to drop coverage just because someone gets a costly sickness.

Require companies to offer coverage to all employees, full-time or part time, doesn't matter. This takes effect immediately when hired. Companies can opt to take a tax instead, and those employees will then be covered by Medicaid.

Right now Medicaid is not a bad deal, cutting its funding is stupid, and it gave a lot of freedom to choose doctors and care, those options are being eliminated in the house bill.

We can save the money being allocated to make all hospitals paperless and go electronic, as that is mostly being done now anyways on their own. Its been awhile since Ive been to a hospital that isn't 90% electronic, and those that aren't are working on it. So we could save those hundreds of millions of dollars.

But overall, increasing competition in the insurance market, plus requiring companies to cover all employees, equals cheaper costs. More people will be covered, so hospitals won't have to eat as much thus lowering what they charge for services, saving money for the insurance companies and due to the new competition those savings will be passed on to all of us.

Its how things should work now, but we leave in a greedy world where men want to make hundreds of millions a year, and are allowed to screw everyone over because their companies are protected by anti-trust laws.
Beetle01 Wrote:Well without putting hours of work into it, Ill just list some basics I would like to see. In all honesty I agree with Dems on a lot of it, but they take some stuff way to far.

First thing is to remove anti-trust laws from Insurance companies. Doing this will release the stranglehold the few companies that are out there have on the business creating more/better options for consumers, thus eliminating the need for a Govt based plan for everyone. Right now a few companies have a monopoly. his is evident in many facets of our economy, especially big oil. These companies no longer compete with each other, they work together to make them all money, and knock out any new up and comers from upsetting their wonderful deal they got going.

Require companies to cover pre-existing conditions, and also do not allow them to drop coverage just because someone gets a costly sickness.

Require companies to offer coverage to all employees, full-time or part time, doesn't matter. This takes effect immediately when hired. Companies can opt to take a tax instead, and those employees will then be covered by Medicaid.

Right now Medicaid is not a bad deal, cutting its funding is stupid, and it gave a lot of freedom to choose doctors and care, those options are being eliminated in the house bill.

We can save the money being allocated to make all hospitals paperless and go electronic, as that is mostly being done now anyways on their own. Its been awhile since Ive been to a hospital that isn't 90% electronic, and those that aren't are working on it. So we could save those hundreds of millions of dollars.

But overall, increasing competition in the insurance market, plus requiring companies to cover all employees, equals cheaper costs. More people will be covered, so hospitals won't have to eat as much thus lowering what they charge for services, saving money for the insurance companies and due to the new competition those savings will be passed on to all of us.

Its how things should work now, but we leave in a greedy world where men want to make hundreds of millions a year, and are allowed to screw everyone over because their companies are protected by anti-trust laws.

Honestly, I've not been keeping up with the healthcare problem. But in reading your reply, I thought of a problem your plan might have. If businesses are to give all of their employees health coverage, won't that put businesses in financial trouble in this tough economy?

I'm not educated about this issue, but I'll attempt to give a solution (feel free to laugh at my solution:biggrinSmile. Those who have full-time jobs and have low incomes receive health benefits. Those who have part-time jobs or have high incomes must pay health costs for themselves. This should help businesses financially and help low-income families receive healthcare. For those who can afford healthcare for themselves, let them take care of themselves. For those who don't have jobs (the retired, disabled, etc.) shall receive more money from social security -- this will probably require higher taxes on the rich. (I admit, the "increase in social security plan" will be very hard to work since we're already about to meet a much worse social security problem.)

By the way, to those who want to criticize me and my healthcare plan: :igiveup:
I told you it was a bad plan.
1. Tort reform- lawsuits drive up the cost of Healthcare, forces doctors to preform multiple test to cover their ___, and raises the cost of practicing medicine.

2. make health insurance like other insurance(car, boat, life)- Stop having it come though the employer and have every citizen be able to have companies compete for their business. Let you pick and choose from a basic to more coverage based on what you need.
The way it is now Health insurance companies have a closed market.
1. The tax the rich deal, if a person is making more than obama's $250,000 they are not working by the hour. They are more than likely to be owners of some type of business. BUSINESS DO NOT PAY TAXES THEY COVER EXPENSES. So any tax would be passed on to consumers.

2. If medical insurance must cover pre-existing conditions does this mean that car insurance companies should fix cars that were wrecked before the insurance was bought.

Some things need done and I will post my ideals later.