Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ESPN RISE Preseason FAB 50 Nos. 26 --50
The only two teams ranked in the top 50 in the nation are Holmes at 26 and Scott County at 34 in the nation.

http://sports.espn.go.com/highschool/ris...id=4619034
Kentucky has been represented well by the rest of the nation with Highlands & Saint Xavier for football and now Holmes & Scott County for basketball.
I think this is an excellent accomplishment. It is so much harder to get into Basketball's top 25 than it is football. Basketball is loaded with "Prep" schools like Oak Hill, which have no boundaries are limits as to where they can bring kids in from. Regardless of the recruiting debate that we occasioanally have on here, Kentucky schools are legitimate schools first, sports second. Some of the Prep Schools are fulltime basketball factories that cater to 19+ kids who would not be elligible to play elsewhere. To me, they are not legit HS's, they are quasi college's.

So, congrats to Holmes and SC, well deserved.
Holmes is ranked 14th in the nation in this pre-season poll. http://prepnation.com/poll/poll.cfm?poll...009&week=1
Scott Co. comes in at #9 in the midwest.
I'm just glad that Kentucky is being represented in the poll by TWO TEAMS! Like someone else said it is TEN times harder to get in the basketball poll because there are so many top of the line prep schoold throughout the nation! Congrats to Holmes and Scott County!!
I'd expect both Holmes and Scott Co to rise in both polls throughout the season.

Both teams play tough schedules and will receive a wide variety of media attention from different parts of the state.

Interested to see the Maxpreps Xcellent 25 preseason and USA Today preseason polls as well.
Just noticed that Holmes will meet Memphis Central on Dec. 12 at Warren Central. That should be a really good game for Holmes to gain even more national exposure. Memphis Central boasts several D1 prospects and are usually one of the better teams in Tennessee every year.
kywldcat01 Wrote:I'd expect both Holmes and Scott Co to rise in both polls throughout the season.

Both teams play tough schedules and will receive a wide variety of media attention from different parts of the state.

Interested to see the Maxpreps Xcellent 25 preseason and USA Today preseason polls as well.

When do they come out. Also when do the state basketball rankings come out?

Congrats to both Holmes and Scott Co, well deserved.
Gold Charger Wrote:When do they come out. Also when do the state basketball rankings come out?

Congrats to both Holmes and Scott Co, well deserved.

I'd assume all pre season rankings, along with RivalsHigh top 100, will all come out within the next 2-3 weeks.

Depening on how a few other teams do in the KOB, it's possible that we could have 4 teams in the top 100 of the RivalsHigh poll.

It wouldn't surprise me one bit to see Eastern or GRC somewhere in the top 100 by mid January-early Feb.
kywldcat01 Wrote:I'd assume all pre season rankings, along with RivalsHigh top 100, will all come out within the next 2-3 weeks.

Depening on how a few other teams do in the KOB, it's possible that we could have 4 teams in the top 100 of the RivalsHigh poll.

It wouldn't surprise me one bit to see Eastern or GRC somewhere in the top 100 by mid January-early Feb.

With the schedule that GRC has they will take some knocks. Rather have a tuff schedule and lose some games against top talent and be prepared for post season, than a supper record against less competition. This may hurt them in the rankings, but ranking mean nothing really, what you do in post season is what counts.
Gold Charger Wrote:With the schedule that GRC has they will take some knocks. Rather have a tuff schedule and lose some games against top talent and be prepared for post season, than a supper record against less competition. This may hurt them in the rankings, but ranking mean nothing really, what you do in post season is what counts.

I agree completely.
kywldcat01 Wrote:I'd expect both Holmes and Scott Co to rise in both polls throughout the season.

I'm waiting to see the Max Preps poll also. I wouldn't be surprised if they have Holmes in the top 10. They ranked Elijah and Rico in the top 100 for the 2010 class. I also look for Scott Co. to be in the top 30. Both teams are loaded, and IMO can compete on a national level. It would be nice if SC and Holmes played in the regular season. It would be a showcase, how many times have you seen 8 or 9 D-1 players on the floor in a high school game in Kentucky ?
tezzy859 Wrote:I'm waiting to see the Max Preps poll also. I wouldn't be surprised if they have Holmes in the top 10. They ranked Elijah and Rico in the top 100 for the 2010 class. I also look for Scott Co. to be in the top 30. Both teams are loaded, and IMO can compete on a national level. It would be nice if SC and Holmes played in the regular season. It would be a showcase, how many times have you seen 8 or 9 D-1 players on the floor in a high school game in Kentucky ?

I agree. It'd be a really good match up that would have D1 talent all over the floor. With or without them on Holmes schedule though, Holmes will see some pretty tough competition this year and see some very good players. Check this out:

Dec 5th @ Marshall Co Hoopfest v Bowman Academy (Gary, IND)

Bowman was 19-3 last year and return everyone from that team, including 6'6 soph Dejuan Marrero who is rated nationally for his class and also considered the best prospect for 2012 in Indiana.

Dec 12th @ Kentucky/Tennessee Shooutout (Warren Central) v Memphis Central

Central is absolutely loaded. They feature the #3 prospect in the country for 2012 in 6'7 230 lb Jarnell Stokes. Complimenting Stokes is 6'4 sr Tim Peete who is a 4 star prospect and already committed to Tulsa. 5'10 Masceo Harmon is a rare 3 yr starter for them and 6'4 Andre Applewhite is another sophomore D1 prospect for the Bearcats. Central has size and are very athletic.

Dec 17-22 King of the Bluegrass

Loaded with D1 talent across the board. Memphis Central is in this event as well.

Jan 2nd @ Mason Co

Mason Co won't be as good as recent years but still feature 6'7 Treg Setty.

Jan 5th v Princeton, OH

Princeton features 4 star prospect and top 100 player Jordan Sibert who is committed to Ohio St.

Jan 16th @ Joe B. Hall Kentucky Preps Classic v Christian Co

CC lost just one starter from last year's team and return several D1 prospects in 6'4 sr Shaquille Wilson and 6'6 jr Donovan Kates.

Feb 6th v Warren Central

Warren Central features two of the best juniors in the state in 6'6 George Fant and 5'10 Jordan Shanklin.

Holmes schedule is absolutely ridiculous this year. Added to those games are tough match ups in region with Highlands and Boone who are both top 20 teams in the state, with Highlands probably in the top 12-15. Holmes will have to come to play every night.
congrate to all and it is nice to see Kentucky getting some attention from the rest of the country
I just talked to a friend that saw Scott County's intrasquad scrimmage last night. He said there were 13 different kids dunking in pregame warmups. I know there's a big difference between pregame and real game, but that's still a bunch of athleticism. He said they looked a little ragged this early in the season, but have the potential to be scary good.