Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BlueGrassRivals.com Football Rankings (Nov. 3)
Class 1A:

1. Lexington Christian Academy (3)
2. Beechwood
3. Mayfield
4. Bellevue
5. Frankfort
6. Hazard
7. Crittenden County
8. Raceland
9. Fairview
10. Louisville Holy Cross

Class 2A:

1. Fort Campbell (3)
2. Prestonsburg
3. DeSales (Lou.)
4. Murray
5. Corbin
6. Newport Central Catholic
7. Monroe County
T. Green County
9. Louisville Christian Academy
10. Covington Holy Cross

Others receiving votes: Shelby Valley

Class 3A:

1. Mason County (2)
2. Central (Lou.) (1)
3. Somerset
4. Belfry
5. Henry County
6. Breathitt County
7. Union County
8. Sheldon Clark
9. Western Hills
T. Russell

Others receiving votes: Fleming County, Russellville

Class 4A:

1. Boyle County (3)
2. Bell County
3. Lone Oak
4. Allen County-Scottsville
5. Lexington Catholic
6. Marion County
7. Lawrence County
8. Western (Lou.)
9. Franklin-Simpson
10. Valley (Lou.)

Others receiving votes: Bullitt East

Class 5A:

1. Highlands (3)
2. John Hardin
3. Christian County
4. Anderson County
5. Bowling Green
6. Owensboro
7. Grayson County
8. Ashland Blazer
T. Johnson Central
10. Pulaski County
T. Warren Central

Class 6A:

1. Saint Xavier (3)
2. Simon Kenton
3. Trinity (Lou.)
4. Male (Lou.)
5. Ryle
6. Conner
7. Henry Clay (Lex.)
8. Bryan Station (Lex.)
9. Ballard (Lou.)
10. DuPont Manual (Lou.)
T. Shelby County

Others receiving votes: Henderson County

T = tie
What has Pulaski Co done to merit a top ten rating.
OrangenowBlue Wrote:What has Pulaski Co done to merit a top ten rating.

Its most likely due to the fact that only 3 people voted for this weeks rankings thus they won't look exactly like they normally do. Generally, the more people who vote, the better the consensus of the rankings from that group.

It could also be because the latter of the rankings in that class aren't beating the teams they should be beating while Pulaski continues to do what they are expected to do.
BaseballIsLife Wrote:Its most likely due to the fact that only 3 people voted for this weeks rankings thus they won't look exactly like they normally do. Generally, the more people who vote, the better the consensus of the rankings from that group.

It could also be because the latter of the rankings in that class aren't beating the teams they should be beating while Pulaski continues to do what they are expected to do.

Very much agreed!
BaseballIsLife Wrote:Its most likely due to the fact that only 3 people voted for this weeks rankings thus they won't look exactly like they normally do. Generally, the more people who vote, the better the consensus of the rankings from that group.

Correct, correct, and correct.
I think the 1A looks about right. I don't think Hazard nor Crit are better than Raceland. But Raceland didn't really start playing well until a couple weeks ago.
Fort Campbell and Murrey are the clear #1 and #2 teams in 2A, but 3-8-8 are even and could be flipped and it would still be accurate.
Twitter: @tc_analytics

This needs to be updated
AandB Wrote:This needs to be updated

Those are the final BGR rankings until one last poll vote as seasons end.
Ram Fan04 Wrote:I think the 1A looks about right. I don't think Hazard nor Crit are better than Raceland. But Raceland didn't really start playing well until a couple weeks ago.

Hazard is better than Raceland, Crittendean may be about the same but i would give raceland the edge.
Hazard is the best class 1a team in the state and they never get any respect even tho they have won region 3 years in a row and were state runners up last year:1::1::1:
Mason #1 in 3A? I know 3A is weak but come on guys.

TheBrahmaBull Wrote:Mason #1 in 3A? I know 3A is weak but come on guys.

Keep in mind this is a November 3rd poll and Mason County was undefeated at that time.

Like I said earlier, there will be a final poll after the playoffs at seasons end.
outdoorsman43 Wrote:Keep in mind this is a November 3rd poll and Mason County was undefeated at that time.

Like I said earlier, there will be a final poll after the playoffs at seasons end.
Sorry about that, did not realize that these rankings were from Nov. 3rd. Even then, saying Mason was #1 was a stretch IMO.

TheBrahmaBull Wrote:Sorry about that, did not realize that these rankings were from Nov. 3rd. Even then, saying Mason was #1 was a stretch IMO.
I was looking at their schedule and they really had played no good teams all year.
http://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard/kh.../?id=30270