Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lawrence County 71 Paintsville 69
Lawrence wins their first 57th District game...I really think it's no big deal for the Tigers...they'll rebound fine and should beat the Dawgs at Paintsville next Friday night...Remember, football season just ended at Paintsville...

Details later...
I do know Thompson scored 31 for the Dawgs and Landon Slone punched in 24 for the Tigers...Daniel Pugh added 15 in his first basketball game since his freshman year...
Congrats to the Dawgs
Congrats LC.. Keep it up..
Way to go Dawgs!!!
This is a shock!!!LOL
This game suprises me I thought Paintsville would win in a close game. Does anyone have any stats? What worked for LC what went wrong for the ville?
WOW!!! Congrats Lawrence county!! This is a SHOCKER!!!
This may have been a shocker to alot of you on here, but not me, Coach Anderson is one fine Coach and knows how to use his kids. Shawn Thompson had a triple double 31 pts 21 rebounds and 10 assist, and i may have missed a few assist so he may have had more. Jason Spradling finshed with 12 pts, Kyle Bradley added 15 pts Chandle Thompson added around 10 Brent Fyffe added I think 9 pts, and they were a couple others that scored just forgot to write them down. IMO Landon Slone is not what everyone on here is trying to make him out to be, he is fine ball player and give him credit, he hit a 3 as time expired to close the gap to 71 - 69. I have a few picture I will put on here also to much into the game to get any really good ones sorry if some are a little blurry but like i said into the game.
good win for lawrence county
Wow, Thompson is the MAN... Should be player of the game, for both teams... Congrats to Coach Trimble for outcoaching the "legend" again. Dawgs played hard and hustled. Tigers made alot of coaching mistakes, or that was the talk of the gym, even the officers were scratching their heads. Maybe next week the blue team will watch some game film, come back and be a different team. I just have one question, for the tigers to be a single A school, play only 6 players a game, why so many coaches? They had more coaches then they played players. CONGRATS TO THE DAWGS.
Love them DAWGS. I didn't expect it at least not this early in the season but must say I love it.
yeah this is a pretty bug upset for Lawrence Co.....but congrats
Congrats Lawrence County for a hard fought game
"EastKYReporter" Wrote:Lawrence wins their first 57th District game...I really think it's no big deal for the Tigers...they'll rebound fine and should beat the Dawgs at Paintsville next Friday night...Remember, football season just ended at Paintsville...

Details later...

Yeah they've not had time to gel together yet...It'll be the other way around next time...
You never no that is why they play the game.
"CatDawg" Wrote:You never no that is why they play the game.

I dont know for sure, but I'm just saying Paintsville is still the top team and after they get some more games under their belt they'll be tough..I'm not taking anything away from Lawrence County because it was a good win, but these upsets happen all the time early on...
That is true. And I expected LC to lose this one but then again I've been hearing a lot of good things about the Dawgs just didn't know how true. And now with this result I'm starting to think it might just be true.

GO DAWGS!
Paintsville had there chances to win this game. They started the game slow and played the same way the whole game untill there was three minutes to go in the game. Thats when they relized that they better start to play and try to win. Good luck next week Paintsville.
Yea it was a GREAT win for a yong Lawrence Co. team, and with the districr being seeded its even better for Lawrence Co. Lawrence co just wanted the game more., And Shawn Thompson was going to make sure of that, and againg i was not impressed with well never mind its been talked about so much its not even worth talking about, all i can say is we let the game do the talking for us tonight, we turn right around and play them again next friday at Paintsville.
Why is this or that when you lose, give the kids from Lawrence Co some credit, everyone on here had them losing by a range of 15 - 30 points. Both teams played and one lost and one won.
I agree Batpuff, Paintsville was just flat outplayed..plain and simple. These are kids playing remember and they all work as hard as any others so give credit where credit is due!
Congrats Lawrence County!!
Who won the girls game?
Paintsville won the girls game. The first half was close , LC pulled out ahead early but got in foul trouble in the 2 nd half.Paintsville girls looked good, LC didn't have anyone to match the size of Paintsvilles big girl in the paint.Good Luck next time Lady Dawgs!!
Ok guys now that Paintsville got beat lets hear the excuses. Was Landon sick or didn't they practice enoughas a team? Am i close?
Maybe Paintsville is just over rated?
Who is Landon Slone? WAY to go DAWGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Don't be surprised if LCHS wins every district home game this year.
Thats right, for the last month all i have heard is Landon Slone this and Landon Slone that, but people wake up, there are other kids that play for paintsville that is just as good as him, 15 Region take notice there is a new SHERIFF in town. Dont believe me just ask Paintsville he just dumped 31 pts and 21 rebounds on them.