Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Caldwell County 14 Mayfield 10
Mayfield 1 first down in second half on a penalty. Driving rain all night. Mayfield fumbled umpteen times. Caldwell just out played Cards in the muck. Mayfield led 10-0 at half but just went backward from there.
Upset of the year in the mud at Caldwell Co.
wow
Didn't see this one coming but then again this is why you play the game. 3-6 now 4-6 2a school beats the number 1 division 1a team that was 9-0. Just goes to show on given Friday night what can happen.
all i have to say is congrats to caldwell for puttin everything out on the line to get this big win. mayfield i just want to kno if u thought that this game was goin to be a push over?
football dude Wrote:all i have to say is congrats to caldwell for puttin everything out on the line to get this big win. mayfield i just want to kno if u thought that this game was goin to be a push over?

Well I sure expected to win and win with some to spare. As for the Cards perfect season :flush:
Wow!!!!!
Mayfield led 10 - 0 at half but looked terrible. Conditions didnt help any as it was pouring nearly all of the game. In fact a large yellow and orange retrn was showing on the radar and it stayed the whole game. The field was total slop and was Mayfield. The second half was the straw that broke the Cardinals back. 2 fumbles inside Mayfields own 20 yard line sealed their fate. Mayfield managed a whopping 1 first down on is own and that was a run to the Calwell 4 yardline with about a 1:20 to go in the game and at the end of the play Mayfield was flagged for a 15 yard unsportsman like conduct and on the next play the Cardinal QB was sacked and fumbled yet again and that was your game. Not ideal conditions but I expect a team that has throttled people all season to show a little more character. Credit to Caldwell who just plain wanted, wanted alot more and got it done.

Back in 85 I played on a Mayfield team that lost at Caldwell in similar conditions and we went on to win it all. I can only pray for a similar outcome.
this thread needs to be pulled into the original one I started
Nice win for CC
This is surprising. I thought Mayfield would be a little flat after their blowout of Crittenden last week. Coupled with all the turmoil that Caldwell went through this year, I expected it to be a sloppy performance but not a loss.

Congrats to Caldwell for putting it together and pulling out a big win.