Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any Players Recieving Scholarship Offers
Are any players from your schools getting looked at to play at the next level?
Boyle County junior Lamar Dawson has an offer from Kentucky and has visited Notre Dame. Louisville, amongst others, is also interested.
James Phillips and TJ Green From Harlan Co.
Caleb Watkins from Corbin has a full ride offer from Wofford College, and is being called and contacted regularly by coaches from Harvard, Navy, Western, UK, Centre, Vandy, EKU and others.
Chris Price from Henry Co. is getting some looks from Louisville, Kentucky, and Troy just to list a few
Michael Burchett or Prestonsburg has had alot of offers from what i understand, and Justin Tibbs of Pikeville has been getting looked at by UK and Louisville from what im told
Burchett, McKinney, and Griffith are all getting serious looks. I think Cincinnati is in on all 3. Michael I know visited Purdue and UK and is being looked at, other than those three, by Vanderbilt and Wake Forest.
AnalysisKing Wrote:James Phillips and TJ Green From Harlan Co.

Offered from whom? Or have they just recieved some letters?
William Muney Wrote:Offered from whom? Or have they just recieved some letters?

There just being looked at as of right now.

Also Jordan amis from Perry County is being looked at.
BIGREDDAWG Wrote:Caleb Watkins from Corbin has a full ride offer from Wofford College, and is being called and contacted regularly by coaches from Harvard, Navy, Western, UK, Centre, Vandy, EKU and others.

Must be a really smart young man. :Thumbs:
BIGREDDAWG Wrote:Caleb Watkins from Corbin has a full ride offer from Wofford College, and is being called and contacted regularly by coaches from Harvard, Navy, Western, UK, Centre, Vandy, EKU and others.

I can tell you that Centre does not offer athletic scholarships. He may go on an academic scholarship and play football but most if not all Div. III colleges do not offer athletic scholarships.

As for Harvard, I believe it is somewhat the same. They may be able to guarentee you a spot on the team and acceptance to the school but they do not give athletic money.

You might want to have very good grades and a large bank account if you are considering either of those schools.
lwc Wrote:Must be a really smart young man. :Thumbs:

Michael carries a 4.0 if not better, and is 1st in his class.
BCF4L Wrote:Burchett, McKinney, and Griffith are all getting serious looks. I think Cincinnati is in on all 3. Michael I know visited Purdue and UK and is being looked at, other than those three, by Vanderbilt and Wake Forest.

Has any of them had any official visits to any schools.
blackcat Wrote:Michael carries a 4.0 if not better, and is 1st in his class.

Is Michael and Caleb Watkins one and the same?
tradition Wrote:I can tell you that Centre does not offer athletic scholarships. He may go on an academic scholarship and play football but most if not all Div. III colleges do not offer athletic scholarships.

As for Harvard, I believe it is somewhat the same. They may be able to guarentee you a spot on the team and acceptance to the school but they do not give athletic money.

You might want to have very good grades and a large bank account if you are considering either of those schools.

Harvard has what they call "attractive financial aid packages" if your ACT is good enough and the parents are poor enough you can go close to free. :biggrin:
tradition Wrote:Is Michael and Caleb Watkins one and the same?

No. Caleb has a 4.33 and is ranked in the top 13% at CHS. I have no idea about Michael. 4.0 is nothing to sneeze at though.:Clap:
If their ACT's are 30 + more power to them and all the best.
good luck to all
Matman Wrote:Has any of them had any official visits to any schools.
I know Michael visited both Purdue and UK. He was supposed to go on a visit to Vanderbilt but I haven't had a chance to talk to him lately about it. I think Griffith may have gone to UK with Burchett on the day Burchett was asked to come.
Austin Delpont from Hazard - EKU
Receiver Ryan Mitchell from Henry County is getting looked at by Texas.
BCF4L Wrote:I know Michael visited both Purdue and UK. He was supposed to go on a visit to Vanderbilt but I haven't had a chance to talk to him lately about it. I think Griffith may have gone to UK with Burchett on the day Burchett was asked to come.

Actually, Griffith and Burchett both visited UK seperately. Both were asked to come. Michael took a couple of guests, as did Alex.
I had a friend tell me that Channing Fugate (SP) may be having his scholarship pulled from him. Anyone know anything or heard anything about this???
Wildcats11 Wrote:I had a friend tell me that Channing Fugate (SP) may be having his scholarship pulled from him. Anyone know anything or heard anything about this???

That would certainly be a shame! It would also be horrible PR for Tennessee and the coaching staff.
BIGREDDAWG Wrote:That would certainly be a shame! It would also be horrible PR for Tennessee and the coaching staff.

I agree 100%!! If this is true, I think its a terrible thing to do to a player.
Here's an update regarding UK's recruiting of Lamar Dawson (Boyle County)

http://www.amnews.com/stories/2009/10/30/uks.914681.sto
Where is Miles Simpson of SK going to?
Matman Wrote:Has any of them had any official visits to any schools.
Mckinney went to UK last weekend and is at EKU today. He also has visits scheduled for Cinn and Marshall in the next couple of weeks.. Burchett had visited UK and Purdue. Not sure about Alex.. These are fine young men and anyone who signs them will be getting great players.
LClion4life Wrote:Where is Miles Simpson of SK going to?

I've been wondering the same thing..
UofL Fan Wrote:Mckinney went to UK last weekend and is at EKU today. He also has visits scheduled for Cinn and Marshall in the next couple of weeks.. Burchett had visited UK and Purdue. Not sure about Alex.. These are fine young men and anyone who signs them will be getting great players.

I knew Micheal went to visit Purdue but they didn't have him listed as an official visit. I'm just wondering if it wasn't updated or it wasn't official. I know myself and many of my teamates in high school had visits at several colleges. Only a couple got official visits. The difference turned out to be D1 scholarships for the two official visitors while the rest of us walked on at different schools. I would like to see Micheal play some where. He seems to be an intelligent athlete and a good kid. He would be an asset to anyteam.