Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brock Lesnar backs out of Carwin fight due to illness
Dana White said this is the worst Lesnar has ever felt in his life and he can barely train. Hopefully the match will be made up.
Yea i was even looking forward to this
So even Bears get sick....
aww, this sucks!!

was looking forward to this fight!!
This would have been a TRUE battle IMO! Carwin is the real deal!
Stardust Wrote:So even Bears get sick....
LOL, yeah really...Might have to put him down..With a tranqualizer, lol
http://mmafix.com/

Quote:Looks like the MMA drama pot is getting a good stir, as already speculation has begun as to whether or not illness is the real reason behind Brock Lesnar withdrawing from UFC 106. Seems like the catalyst for such speculation is the fact that Lesnar appeared at the October 18th Vikings-Ravens game, where he did an interview and looked relatively fine. (He also blew a big *** horn- that’s not a sentence you see everyday…Wink Thanks to Cage Potato for the tip.

Now that alone shouldn’t be enough to say that the champ faked an illness to avoid fighting Shane Carwin on November 21st. Yahoo! Sport’s writer Kevin Iole, who broke the original illness story via Dana White, offered this “mail bag” response regarding Lesnar’s recent appearance.

His management insists he’s been very sick and his training partners have concurred. I asked Dana White and he said he hadn’t seen the video. He said Lesnar called him Monday, which is the first he found out about the illness, and said he couldn’t make it. White further said Lesnar told him he is not sure if he could fight in January. I asked if Lesnar sounded ill when they spoke and he said no. White said he had breakfast with Lesnar in Las Vegas about a month ago and said Lesnar told him at that time he wanted to fight frequently. Something doesn’t add up here and this bears further watching.

Now to be fair, if White had his dates mixed up, it’s more than conceivable that Lesnar returned from Vegas, became seriously ill for two or three weeks and opted to drop out. More to come?

Sounds like they're trying to make it look like hes scared.
Can't wait for this to resolve...I knew there were more to it than that...And no, I don't think Lesnar is scared to say the least, but something is fishy for sure!
Brock Lesnar and the word Scared should not be used together unless this mastadon sees a mouse......
Stardust Wrote:Brock Lesnar and the word Scared should not be used together unless this mastadon sees a mouse......

This is true lol...This is going to be a good fight in my mind....Carwin claims he had the flu also but it never crossed his mind to pull out, if thats the case then he is dumb cos he wouldve been killed if he walked in there unhealthy...but i cant wait till they make another date and both fighters are healthy...I can see someone leaving on a stretcher
At least we get the Tito Forrest rematch. Im probably the only Tito fan around though.
Brock is definately not scared...if he was he wouldn't have even agreed to in in the 1st place.

The fight will still happen.

Its happening January 2nd...UFC 108.
Lesnar probably was scared.
Not a chance, its not comfirmed he has mono.
Good to see im not the only Tito fan though.
Well Forrest-Tito II is good enough for me. Im the biggest Forrest fan on earth, and I am pumped for the 21st. I hope Forrest pummels Tito.
About Brock..I dont think he was scared at all. Thats silly, although I do believe that Carwin presents the best challenge in the HW division to beat him. Other than Carwin, Cain Velasquez may be the only one with even a shot to beat Brock. But IMO, Carwin would have given him a pretty good fight..I would love to see Carwin knock Lesnar out cold, lol..
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
csabo17 Wrote:Not a chance, its not comfirmed he has mono.
Good to see im not the only Tito fan though.

I said not, I meant now.
this dang sickness is darn near getting every body