3. Jacob McClanahan Jr. C
4. Michael Burchett Sr. G
5. Cody Parker Jr. C
6. Taylor newsome Sr. F
7. Gatlin Clark Sr. G
8. Wade Skaggs Jr. G
9. B.J. Moore So. G
10. Trevor Tiller Fr. G
I dont see how McClanahan is #3 when he has not proved ANYTHING at all so far in his first 2 years. Gatlin Clark isn't in the top 10 either IMO. I think Cody Parker should probably be 3 or 4 and Taylor Newsome should be the other. I think Pburg should be ahead of BL. I think Shannon Turner from South Floyd should probably be somewhere in there around 8-10. Also, Nathan Martin probably should be in the 8-10 range too. But those are just my opinions.
runninrebs21 Wrote:I dont see how McClanahan is #3 when he has not proved ANYTHING at all so far in his first 2 years. Gatlin Clark isn't in the top 10 either IMO. I think Cody Parker should probably be 3 or 4 and Taylor Newsome should be the other. I think Pburg should be ahead of BL. I think Shannon Turner from South Floyd should probably be somewhere in there around 8-10. Also, Nathan Martin probably should be in the 8-10 range too. But those are just my opinions.

Turner KId is very talented but i dont know if he is as good as all of those players on that list. i also this p burg should be a little but higher!!
Dose anybody know the complete list of teams all the way down to the last ranked team??
The region Is Valleys to lose
Prestige Wrote:Teams
1. Shelby Valley
2. Lawrence County
3. Johnson Central
4. East Ridge
5. Pikeville
6. Betsy Layne
7. Prestonsburge
8. Belfry
9. Phelps
10. Pike County Central

Players
1. Elisha Justice Sr. G
2. Ashley Hatfield Sr. G
5. Cody Parker Jr. C
6. Taylor newsome Sr. F
7. Gatlin Clark Sr. G
8. Wade Skaggs Jr. G
9. B.J. Moore So. G
10. Trevor Tiller Fr. G

Teams 1-4 looks good to me, for the pre-season. P-burg lost 4 starters, so I don't see how they should be ranked 7th.

Tiller is ranked 10th, but his team isn't in the Top 10? And Phelps, Pike Central(whom they beat last year, PC lost numerous seniors) is ranked ahead of them?

Pike Central lost 5 seniors, so no way they should be ranked in the top 10.

Parker is the best big man (Center) in the region, IMO.

Burchett is good, but I'm not sure he's top 4 worthy. We'll see how that goes though.

Clark, not sure he deserved to be in the top 10, 7 at that.

Skaggs can shoot, but Lawrence has others that possibly deserved to be on here. So, you can take anyone out of their lineup and put them in that top spot.

Other than that, it looks ok.
shouldnt hobo mccoy from pike central be on the list somewhere?
List looks pretty reasonable to me!!:rockon:
No Larry West? :eyeroll:
Calipari Wrote:Teams 1-4 looks good to me, for the pre-season. P-burg lost 4 starters, so I don't see how they should be ranked 7th.

Tiller is ranked 10th, but his team isn't in the Top 10? And Phelps, Pike Central(whom they beat last year, PC lost numerous seniors) is ranked ahead of them?

Pike Central lost 5 seniors, so no way they should be ranked in the top 10.

Parker is the best big man (Center) in the region, IMO.

Burchett is good, but I'm not sure he's top 4 worthy. We'll see how that goes though.

Clark, not sure he deserved to be in the top 10, 7 at that.

Skaggs can shoot, but Lawrence has others that possibly deserved to be on here. So, you can take anyone out of their lineup and put them in that top spot.

Other than that, it looks ok.

just because a player is in the top ten dosnt mean his team should be.
for example bj moore in 9th and deserves to be on that list but his team is prolly ranked last in the region because his the only player SC has. Tiller has a little bit of supporting cast but nobody on his team stands out to me so thats prolly why paintsville isnt in the top ten.
Looks like a fair assessment to me, other than leaving Lucas Frasher off the top ten players list. Returning MVP of the 57th Tournament, can post or take his man off the dribble and runs the floor very well.
Prestige Wrote:Teams
1. Shelby Valley
2. Lawrence County
3. Johnson Central
4. East Ridge
5. Pikeville
6. Betsy Layne
7. Prestonsburge
8. Belfry
9. Phelps
10. Pike County Central

Players
1. Elisha Justice Sr. G
2. Ashley Hatfield Sr. G
5. Cody Parker Jr. C
6. Taylor newsome Sr. F
7. Gatlin Clark Sr. G
8. Wade Skaggs Jr. G
9. B.J. Moore So. G
10. Trevor Tiller Fr. G

Top 5 teams seem right to me. Looks like all the power in the 15th this year will come from the 57th and 59th districts.

As for the top players, I would put Cody Parker no lower than #3, ahead of both McClanahan and Burchett. And Clark is too high, should've been maybe around #10. But otherwise, not a bad list.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
mister... basketball Wrote:shouldnt hobo mccoy from pike central be on the list somewhere?
thinking the same thing.
I would like to see a list of all the teams in the 15th. I agree with the performance of Justice from past yrs he should be #1, and wish him the best this coming year, he seems to be a team player. But a lot of these boys needs to learn that the word team does not have an "i" in it. But i think we need to see each team play a few games before ranking them. We for sure need to see how each player shows if he has matured, learned to respect his coach and team mates before we rank them. Skills will only take you so far...if you don't earn respect with your skills...then u become just another showoff. Good luck to the 15th teams.
WOW !!! Let the games begin !!!!
Shelby Valley is gonna win the region again so it doesn't really matter how the preseason rankings are!!
I agree with the teams but i think pburg should be above betsy layne, i just dont feel that this is gonna be valleys year. The region is up for grabs.
1-5 Seems fine to me. I really do not see how any of these teams can come for Valley's crown but if any them has the talent it would be Lawrence. I am ready for some mountain basketball.
lawrence county is gonna win region this year, sorry to all you wildcat faithful. valley has no depth, when somebody gets in foul trouble nobody will be able to step up. there gonna underestimate every team in the region and they may juss get a suprise when they play the dawgs.
Pike Central will be tougher than thought
runninrebs21 Wrote:I dont see how McClanahan is #3 when he has not proved ANYTHING at all so far in his first 2 years. Gatlin Clark isn't in the top 10 either IMO. I think Cody Parker should probably be 3 or 4 and Taylor Newsome should be the other. I think Pburg should be ahead of BL. I think Shannon Turner from South Floyd should probably be somewhere in there around 8-10. Also, Nathan Martin probably should be in the 8-10 range too. But those are just my opinions.

I can agree with this.
mister... basketball Wrote:lawrence county is gonna win region this year, sorry to all you wildcat faithful. valley has no depth, when somebody gets in foul trouble nobody will be able to step up. there gonna underestimate every team in the region and they may juss get a suprise when they play the dawgs.

What makes you think SV will underestimate everyone in the region this year? Any sound reasoning behind that?

I suppose it's possible that Valley's players might look past a few of their regional games this year, especially against the weaker teams. But if there's any team that won't be overlooked, it'll be Lawrence County. I mean, seriously, they were in the regional title game against SV last year and played them fairly well for a half. Plus, it seems that Lawrence is the consensus pick for #2 in the region, both on here and in publications like Cats Pause. Why in the world would any team overlook the main roadblock that stands in their way of going to the state tournament? Just doesn't make any sense.

I will grant that SV may snooze their way through a couple local games this year, but that won't happen if they end up meeting Lawrence in the regional tourney. They'll be fired up and ready to prove that they are still the kings of the 15th region, at least for one more year.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Shelby Valley until other wise said. They are the team to beat.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
I still think Lawrence County will win the region this year. Also I think Tiller needs to be ranked higher. So do Parker and Burchett. I definantly Don't think Hatfield is #2
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:I still think Lawrence County will win the region this year. Also I think Tiller needs to be ranked higher. So do Parker and Burchett. I definantly Don't think Hatfield is #2

I agree that Tiller should be higher, as should Parker. But Burchett? I believe #4 is being very fair to him. No way is he higher than Justice, Hatfield, or Parker.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Ratburn14 Wrote:Pike Central will be tougher than thought

Who will be on this team? I remember Hobo.
When Rick Pitino was at Shelby Valley, Zach Ramey was guarding Elisha while they were playing ball. He told Zach after the game, he was a really good player and if he kept working on it, somebody would recruit him. He is only a junior.
mrsportsfan Wrote:When Rick Pitino was at Shelby Valley, Zach Ramey was guarding Elisha while they were playing ball. He told Zach after the game, he was a really good player and if he kept working on it, somebody would recruit him. He is only a junior.

He is only a Junior?
Yes he, is only a junior. He homeschooled the last semester of his freshman year and his sophomore year and entered Valley as a Junior, but his birthday is at the beginning of September so he just turned 17.
mrsportsfan Wrote:Yes he, is only a junior. He homeschooled the last semester of his freshman year and his sophomore year and entered Valley as a Junior, but his birthday is at the beginning of September so he just turned 17.

I saw his picture in the Panthers' yearbook as a sophomore with his classmates that are seniors this year. That is why I was wondering how he could be a junior this year.
if valley had more depth then they would have the region on lock. but who is gonna step up and fill main positions. name one player for valley that can come off the bench and produce in the spot of justice, hatfield , taylor or tyler newsome. thats gonna be the achilles tendon for valley this year.