Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Highlands 67 - Scott 20
Not much to talk about here. Bardo ran the ball very well. Towles looked very good. Defense was laxed in 1st qtr. Buten got some good receiving yards. No AC. Streeter and Fennell ran very well. Looking forward to beating up on Ryle again next week.....
Scott showed some fight in the 1st quarter converting on a 4th and 13 and scored a TD on that very play. The score was 14-7 going into the second quarter and Scott was suprising alot of people at the time. However, reality set back in and Highlands took control in the 2nd quarter and were leading 48-7 at halftime. The 2nd half was more or less a JV showing for each school and they played rather evenly for the rest of the game.

Good showing for Scott despite what the score shows. Scott showed alot of fight at first and were right there with Highlands after the 1st quarter. They were suprising alot of people at first but Highlands then came out in the 2nd quarter and did what they should have of been doing in the 1st quarter.
BaseballIsLife Wrote:Scott showed some fight in the 1st quarter converting on a 4th and 13 and scored a TD on that very play. The score was 14-7 going into the second quarter and Scott was surprising alot of people at the time. However, reality set back in and Highlands took control in the 2nd quarter and were leading 48-7 at halftime. The 2nd half was more or less a JV showing for each school and they played rather evenly for the rest of the game.

Good showing for Scott despite what the score shows. Scott showed alot of fight at first and were right there with Highlands after the 1st quarter. They were surprising alot of people at first but Highlands then came out in the 2nd quarter and did what they should have of been doing in the 1st quarter.
kind of like a moral victory for the eagles then?
nky Wrote:kind of like a moral victory for the eagles then?

I don't believe in moral victories. Howeve, nobody gave them any shot and they were clearly outmatched in every facet of the game. Scott cameout and more or less traded punches with Highlands for a quarter. Sure it was only a quarter but it showed alot of heart despite being outmatched.
Very classy score?
whackem'n'stackem Wrote:Not much to talk about here. Bardo ran the ball very well. Towles looked very good. Defense was laxed in 1st qtr. Buten got some good receiving yards. No AC. Streeter and Fennell ran very well. Looking forward to beating up on Ryle again next week.....

Did Bardo throw
Stardust Wrote:Did Bardo throw

No throwing, he started as the RB.
neerfan Wrote:Very classy score?

what more do you want HHS to do? Starters out in 2nd half, even some freshmen got to play, and 3rd string QB. Hard not to score with some of the poor special team play by Scott. HHS kicked off in second half and the ball landed at about the 20 and three Scott deep men stood and watched while Highlands ran down and picked it up. The deep men made absolutely no attempt to field the ball, what do you expect Highlands to do, just stand over the ball and not recover it? They also blocked a punt for a TD. On every punt, they were close to blocking it; just bad special teams, leading to HHS TD's. If you watch any HHS games over the last couple of decades, you would see they sub early when game is in hand and give underclassmen playing time. This is what helps them stay at the top year after year. I have watched several SK games this year and they do not rush to sub players in when game is out of reach; to bad, could get some young players some good varsity experience. It was fun tonight watching the upper classmen cheer for the soph's on the field in the second half. I think the seniors get just as big a kick out of watching the soph's make plays as they do being out there themselves. Great team unity tonight!!
Patrick Towles threw a ball 55 yards in the air tonight to Buten. Big game next week against a good Ryle team.
sstack Wrote:what more do you want HHS to do? Starters out in 2nd half, even some freshmen got to play, and 3rd string QB. Hard not to score with some of the poor special team play by Scott. HHS kicked off in second half and the ball landed at about the 20 and three Scott deep men stood and watched while Highlands ran down and picked it up. The deep men made absolutely no attempt to field the ball, what do you expect Highlands to do, just stand over the ball and not recover it? They also blocked a punt for a TD. On every punt, they were close to blocking it; just bad special teams, leading to HHS TD's. If you watch any HHS games over the last couple of decades, you would see they sub early when game is in hand and give underclassmen playing time. This is what helps them stay at the top year after year. I have watched several SK games this year and they do not rush to sub players in when game is out of reach; to bad, could get some young players some good varsity experience. It was fun tonight watching the upper classmen cheer for the soph's on the field in the second half. I think the seniors get just as big a kick out of watching the soph's make plays as they do being out there themselves. Great team unity tonight!!

Thats where you and whack is wrong we sub after first half with our jv and then even get thirds in and many kids who never get playing time. My point is proven its ok for Highlands to do the same thing we do and we are considered unclassy by you guys for doing it. Very hypocritical. Point Proven:lmao:
Tough night for Scott but good to see them fight some.
neerfan Wrote:Thats where you and whack is wrong we sub after first half with our jv and then even get thirds in and many kids who never get playing time. My point is proven its ok for Highlands to do the same thing we do and we are considered unclassy by you guys for doing it. Very hypocritical. Point Proven:lmao:

I have never said you guys run the score up. I have no problem with any of the scores in your games this year. I just think you could sub more to help out your team for the next couple of years. I believe it was the Ryle game that was on TV and the game was out of hand and Miles and Lawrence played late in the fourth. The anouncers on TV even made comments that they thought they should be taken out to prevent any injuries. I know they took Miles out after the half the last two games, but that has not been the case all year.I do not have a problem if you do keep them in the entire game, I just think it is silly to risk injury and not to give younger kids a chance to get playing time at varsity level. Once agian, I never said SK is unclassy. When you have a good team like SK does this year, it is hard not to put those points on the board when playing inferior teams. Continued Luck in up coming playoffs!
not much to say here but good job fort thomas
neerfan Wrote:Thats where you and whack is wrong we sub after first half with our jv and then even get thirds in and many kids who never get playing time. My point is proven its ok for Highlands to do the same thing we do and we are considered unclassy by you guys for doing it. Very hypocritical. Point Proven:lmao:

Highlands did sub after the half so no criticism is deserved on their part period.
Scott played hard the entire game. They may have been over matched this game but they stayed in the game and played tough the entire game. Alot of hard hitting going on .

Highlands still needs to watch penalties and protect the ball.:HitWall:

Get use to it, if you start to win games by a large margin you are going to get accused of running up the score. Trust me, as a Highlands fan, we have been accused of it for years. Those that are part of a winning program know the difference but you will never convince others that that is not the case.:igiveup:
BaseballIsLife Wrote:Highlands did sub after the half so no criticism is deserved on their part period.

Was no criticism to Highlands just a point to some of the posters on here that accuse SK of showing no class when we had scores like this but they think its great when their team does it. Please do some follow up before commenting on what I say.
Senior quarterback Will Bardo returned after missing the last two games of injury and came up big for Highlands- ranked No. 1 in the Northern Kentucky Enquirer coaches’ poll- rushing six times for 71 yards and two touchdowns in the easy victory.

Junior running back Jordan Streeter had 10 carries for 73 yards and one touchdown for the Bluebirds. Teammate Tyler Fennell ran for two touchdowns on six carries.

Scott was led by senior Zach Sowder who had 110 yards on 23 carries and one touchdown.
http://news.cincinnati.com/apps/pbcs.dll...310230143/
Scott 7 0 13 0 -- 20
Highlands 13 35 0 19 -- 67

H– Towles 2 run (Weiner kick)
H– Fennell 1 run (kick failed)
S– Patton 22 pass from Sowder (Sowder kick)
H– Fennell 3 run (Weiner kick)
H– Bardo 13 run (Weiner kick)
H– Streeter 1 run (Weiner kick)
H– Buten 5 pass from Towles (Weiner kick)
H– Seidl 14 block return (Weinel kick)
S– Farris 4 pass from Sowder (Sowder kick)
S– Sowder 19 run (kick failed)
H– Bardo 14 run (New kick)
H– Hollingsworth 7 fumble return (kick failed)
H– True 22 pass from New (kick failed)
Records: H 9-0, S 2-7
Kentucky.com
neerfan Wrote:Very classy score?

Under the circumstances, yes. There wasn't much to stop the Birds from putting up points. It was 48-7 when we left at half to run our beer and wing offense at BW3s. From what I gather, the starters were gone for the 19-13 second half.
Can you dig it? Wrote:Under the circumstances, yes. There wasn't much to stop the Birds from putting up points. It was 48-7 when we left at half to run our beer and wing offense at BW3s. From what I gather, the starters were gone for the 19-13 second half.

Whatever... As I said you feel its ok for you guys to do it but we do the same and we and our coaching staff are unclassy. Its fans like you guys that get them all lumped into one group. Again so hypocritical but we have come to expect that from you and your like.
neerfan Wrote:Whatever... As I said you feel its ok for you guys to do it but we do the same and we and our coaching staff are unclassy. Its fans like you guys that get them all lumped into one group. Again so hypocritical but we have come to expect that from you and your like.

:thatsfunn
"Whatever" is right. :eyeroll: I don't expect anything from "you and your like" because I know it's only you. Other SK fans have class. :lmao:
Can you dig it? Wrote::thatsfunn
"Whatever" is right. :eyeroll: I don't expect anything from "you and your like" because I know it's only you. Other SK fans have class. :lmao:

:thatsfunn

ALL SK fans,players and coaching staff have class. Thats more than we can say for you. Face there is a team here that could give your team a run for their money and you do not like it. You always want to bash us but we can take it in stride. I will just ignore you from here out. :flush:
:lmao:
Can somebody please make this guy go away?
neerfan Wrote:Was no criticism to Highlands just a point to some of the posters on here that accuse SK of showing no class when we had scores like this but they think its great when their team does it. Please do some follow up before commenting on what I say.

I'm quite aware of what some of the other posters have said about SK on this board. From the way you worded one of your first post in this threads it seemed you were criticizing Highlands in this game. To be honest though I may have just misread it.
whackem'n'stackem Wrote:Can somebody please make this guy go away?
:lmao: I guess you dish out the coments but you cant take them. Oh well live and learn.:lmao:
BaseballIsLife Wrote:I'm quite aware of what some of the other posters have said about SK on this board. From the way you worded one of your first post in this threads it seemed you were criticizing Highlands in this game. To be honest though I may have just misread it.

I apologize for the way it looked. It was sarcastic towards a few that made comments earlier. I have nothing against Highlands or their program. Sorry if it sounded that way.
Somehow whenever double stack and diggit are around, neerfan is lurking in the dark ready to pounce on every post they write. By the way, why isn't anyone talking about Bardo and his new offensive role for the Birds. I really like him on Special Teams. He will be outstanding with AC. This team is sickly good even banged up!
whackem'n'stackem Wrote:Somehow whenever double stack and diggit are around, neerfan is lurking in the dark ready to pounce on every post they write. By the way, why isn't anyone talking about Bardo and his new offensive role for the Birds. I really like him on Special Teams. He will be outstanding with AC. This team is sickly good even banged up!

You are right! I do not know what I said to make him pounce on everything I post. I have never said anything but good things about SK. I feel like neerfan still holds alittle jealousy towards HHS. I think he feels they should be considered as good of a program as HHS after only 2 good years. Yes, they have had 2 terrific years but, they need to show they can continue year after year to be considered a top program and not just on a good run. I would love to see them continue to produce great teams and become a good rival for HHS, this would only make NKY football better.
Guy's, Let's keep it on the topic of the thread please.

Snipe in PM's, not within the threads.:Thumbs: