Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
who are the unsung heroes of the 15th
"polecat" Wrote:basketball star unsung means people you do not get on here and talk about everytime that helps your team.
SF--Matt little, T.J. Hall
BL--B. Case
AC--Farley, Nick
Pburg--Brooks Herrick
JC--justin murry
SC--Crum
Paintsville--williams
Belfry--Case
David--Stumbo
ER--Webb
Phelps--Hunt
Pc--Eric Slone
Pikeville--Honaker
SV--J.Johnson
Piairist--J.Ousley
Mag--Arnett
Lc--?

Point taken.

Then the most unsung hero would be the Reno kid on the JC JV team. He works his butt off. Shuts down any and all offending centers and Either boxes out so hard that a fellow team mate looks better on the boards than he really is or he dominates the boards. He rarely plays on V but play half to a little more of the JV games. Unrecognized talent, unplayed abilities. He is possibly the strongest player on the team and will get better as a Sophomore. At 6'3" he will also grow taller. Unsung hero PERIOD.
Eric Arnett, Brandon Shepherd, Devin Rice, and Wes Helton for Magoffin County.

It's amazing how much better the Hornets are this year and only a very few people are recognizing these guys.
Never heard of any of them
"U Know Not!!" Wrote:Never heard of any of them

Hence there candidacy for the "Unsung" hero award.
:dance:
Landon Slone
you list him in every catagory there is... you must be his little sister.:Clap: . trust me, he ant all that, the numbers dont lie.
"TERMINATOR X" Wrote:Landon Slone
Matt Maynard from Belfry
Shane Grimm-Paintsville, could be their most important piece to winning a regional title, a to 5-7 regional player.
Shane grimm is a unsung hero
justin "jut'' slone from sf
Brandon Kidd
"football player" Wrote:justin "jut'' slone from sf
i agree 100% jut is an unsung hero
shane grimm, jd vanhoose, daniel pugh, all get overlooked on the paintsville roster
landon slone is an incredible player, but these three guys are very good as well
Brad Ratliff
Yea jut is a unsung hero...he plays hard and he plays good to hes a big contributer to sf
Justin Murray from JC...plays his butt off and plays well in varsity...unstoppable in JV also
Logan Bryant
He's just a freshman
"usedupbutnotfinished" Wrote:Point taken.

Then the most unsung hero would be the Reno kid on the JC JV team. He works his butt off. Shuts down any and all offending centers and Either boxes out so hard that a fellow team mate looks better on the boards than he really is or he dominates the boards. He rarely plays on V but play half to a little more of the JV games. Unrecognized talent, unplayed abilities. He is possibly the strongest player on the team and will get better as a Sophomore. At 6'3" he will also grow taller. Unsung hero PERIOD.

Yea right...He couldnt water if he fell out of a boat...i'll say one thing he can rebound and can pass for a big guy but he doesnt finish well...if he works on that then he'll be a good big man
tj hall
"TERMINATOR X" Wrote:Landon Slone

unsung:BigLaugh:

Not spit polished
"WiNkWiNk" Wrote:Yea right...He couldnt water if he fell out of a boat...i'll say one thing he can rebound and can pass for a big guy but he doesnt finish well...if he works on that then he'll be a good big man

I would put him up against any JV post man and he would either win most of the time. I am not saying scoring I am saying defensivly and on the boards.
I think tyler slone and farley joseph
"WiNkWiNk" Wrote:Yea right...He couldnt water if he fell out of a boat...i'll say one thing he can rebound and can pass for a big guy but he doesnt finish well...if he works on that then he'll be a good big man

Wow that's a bit cold don't you think? Which teammate are you that makes you qualified to make such a statement? Or maybe you are just eating sour grapes because he bested you in some game at one point or another. Which player is "the Reno kid" anyway? I watched the JCHS vs ACHS game last night, did he play?
"Imnottelling" Wrote:Wow that's a bit cold don't you think? Which teammate are you that makes you qualified to make such a statement? Or maybe you are just eating sour grapes because he bested you in some game at one point or another. Which player is "the Reno kid" anyway? I watched the JCHS vs ACHS game last night, did he play?

He is #45 on the JV. He is basically a defender.
"singingpreacher" Wrote:He is #45 on the JV. He is basically a defender.

Oh yeah I remember now. He's a good player. He's strong enough he needs to go to the basket more but I think he's a pretty good player. Didn't he play for Wesley Christian a few years ago? What grade is he in?
"Imnottelling" Wrote:Oh yeah I remember now. He's a good player. He's strong enough he needs to go to the basket more but I think he's a pretty good player. Didn't he play for Wesley Christian a few years ago? What grade is he in?

Yes he played at Wesley. He's a sophomore.
"singingpreacher" Wrote:Yes he played at Wesley. He's a sophomore.

I thought so. I got to see Wesley Christian play against a team from somewhere over in Knott County I believe it was. I was there with a friend of mine who was on the Board for Wesley. I really wasn't expecting much by way of entertainment but was pleasantly surprised. Reno dominated on the inside. Yes, very entertaining indeed.
I will definitely have to make it a point to go to more JCHS games so that I can watch Reno play. He's got the potential to be one of the best in the 15th Region. Thanks for the info.
"gunner10" Wrote:Justin Murray from JC...plays his butt off and plays well in varsity...unstoppable in JV also

Murray is good there is no question about that...but just like preacher said about Landon Slone -- Unsung not spit polished. Murray is about as far from unsung as you can get. Anyone you talk to it's Murray this or Murray that. To say someone is unsung means that they work their butts off while they are on the floor and they don't get the recognition that they deserve from fans, coaches, or their teammates. So for JC the unsung hero for the Varsity team would have to be Sean Johnson. He has had some pretty good games with some quality minutes in the last few rounds that he's played in but all you hear is Rice, Rice, Rice and McCarty. So a shout out to Sean Johnson. For the JV team it is definitely Reno. He works his butt off to get open only to be dissed by his own teammates who would rather score themselves than pass the ball inside to get the assist on the high percentage shot. Shout out also to Turner. He's had some quality time on the JV team up until Lexington Catholic. When will we be seeing more of Turner on the floor, coach?