Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Paintsville Tigers
25.00%
Pikeville Panthers
75.00%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paintsville @ Pikeville 10/23
Pikeville will demolish Paintsville.
Pikeville by 3 touchdowns.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
Pikeville big
Is there any truth to Paintsville possibly canceling school Friday? And if so, is it a forfeit? I heard that all district game must be played by Friday. All this is just what I heard, looking for clarification.
Why would they be canceling classes?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
Pikeville by 8..
cougarpride08 Wrote:Why would they be canceling classes?
Bunch of kids are sick.
Panther Thunder Wrote:Bunch of kids are sick.

They are suffering right now. I know they have had A LOT of kids out the last couple of days. I don't know how many has to be absent to cancel school...BUT, there has been many and my son is in the total. They are hurting! I just hope everyone is able to get through this and get healthy!
At pointed out earlier if Paintsville can pull the upset then it goes to a three way tie which will make the playoffs really wacky.
Pikeville wins here.
No need to worry about some kind of playoff. Pikeville by many...
I too have heard rumors of the flu going around Paintsville like wild fire. I heard they barely had enough to practice on Monday and I also heard that they had 1 confirmed case of H1N1 on the football team. Is there any truth to these reports I have heard?
Paintsville has been hit with a massive flu bug, and I have heard rumors of H1N1 in the school, but I haven't heard of it on the team.
Heard that Paintsville had even less kids at practice yesterday, is that true. I hope this game still gets to be played!
Once again- maybe just a rumor. But I heard there were 150 out of school yesterday at Paintsville High School. Not sure where the numbers came from- just heard this floating around a Pburg doctor's office yesterday.
the flu bug has hit paintsville hard. Had very few kids a practice yesterday maybe around 15 or less. I hate it for these kids. Hope they all get well soon.
Just heard on the radio- Paintsville Schools are closed until next Tuesday. No mention of football games being cancelled. But- since Paintsville is set to host the Regional Volleyball Championship tonight-I wonder what they will do?
I think pikeville has this one for sure....Go Panthers!
The football team is going to travel with 16 players the flu is pretty bad and their is a confirmed case of H1N1 on the team.today they only practiced with 14. And both of our RBs were out sick for the better part of the week. i think we might have 6/11 starters on O and 5/11 on D. its getting so bad Daniels might have to play LB or Safety.
gotcha2 Wrote:Once again- maybe just a rumor. But I heard there were 150 out of school yesterday at Paintsville High School. Not sure where the numbers came from- just heard this floating around a Pburg doctor's office yesterday.

48% of the student body was absent today if that tells the story.
I know there were lots out, but 48% sounds a little high. The numbers I heard would put the number around 30% out, which is still way out of line. Usually when it hits 85% school is called off simple due to State Funding, anything below 80-85% will cost the school money. Either way, they're out and hopefully the school gets cleaned real good and the numbers go up on Tuesday.
It wouldn't surprise me if a lot of the numbers aren't decided on X-Box the night before. I think there are several playing that discuss who is going and who is staying at home, and I'm not referring to football players, just students in general.
There are some out with the flu, maybe one or two H1N1 cases, most are sore throats, and slight fevers from what I've been told.........but it happens every year about this time, maybe just a little later in the school year. There were several schools shut-down last year to rid of the bugs that were going around and there will be schools shut-down next year for the same reason. I think maybe there is a little bit of panic due to the unknown, and maybe shuting down will ease a lot of the fears.
Youngerthandirt Wrote:I know there were lots out, but 48% sounds a little high. The numbers I heard would put the number around 30% out, which is still way out of line. Usually when it hits 85% school is called off simple due to State Funding, anything below 80-85% will cost the school money. Either way, they're out and hopefully the school gets cleaned real good and the numbers go up on Tuesday.
It wouldn't surprise me if a lot of the numbers aren't decided on X-Box the night before. I think there are several playing that discuss who is going and who is staying at home, and I'm not referring to football players, just students in general.
There are some out with the flu, maybe one or two H1N1 cases, most are sore throats, and slight fevers from what I've been told.........but it happens every year about this time, maybe just a little later in the school year. There were several schools shut-down last year to rid of the bugs that were going around and there will be schools shut-down next year for the same reason. I think maybe there is a little bit of panic due to the unknown, and maybe shuting down will ease a lot of the fears.
48% was the actual number.
tigers by 10,pikeville wont be able to stop the run game, ac about beat them with half there players out of the game and would have beat them if wasnt for some odd calls
If 48% was the number, and I'm not saying it wasn't, then they should have been closed on Thursday.......
Youngerthandirt Wrote:If 48% was the number, and I'm not saying it wasn't, then they should have been closed on Thursday.......
it wasn't that bad in the morning but after lunch people didnt show up so it went down to 48% it was around 30% absent before that.