Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
USC with one loss, still BCS Champion?
I'm sure no one will disagree with the fact that USC is the nubmer one possibly number two in the nation. If they lose to UCLA, do they still get a a bid to the BCS Championship game?

I say they should.
No question about it.
If either of them lose a reasonably close game then I'd say USC or Texas would still go. However if one of them were to get beat really bad, I see Penn State going to the championship game as their replacement because their only loss was a game winning TD pass Michigan pulled off against them as time expired.
Yes definitely. USC is too good of a team to not be the BCS champion, but with the way the BCS works, they will probably fall to 6th or something.
i think that they should because of the season that they have had
No

I'd like to see Notre Dame play the Champs again....maybe in the Fiesta Bowl
They won't lose....so it doesn't matter :thumb:
This is one of the reasons I hate the BCS so much, not that it matters with USC or Texas, I think they probably deserve to play in the title game regardless of whether they win or lose thier next game. However, I hate how the system rewards you for losing early, it seems if you lose a game early you are not penalized as much in the polls later in the year whereas you can be 9-0 and take a loss and be leapfrogged in the polls by a team that suffered a loss earlier and you have no time left to regain your position. In summation, I guess what I'm trying to say is this.......the BCS sucks!!!
Its a tough call.
no they dont get to play for it.

USC plays in a crappy conf. if they lose Penn ST deserves a shot.
I would much rather see N.Lions and Joe Pa playing or the title.

But I agree with what TC said. It would take USC or Texas losing big for Penn St to slip into the 2 spot.
"torQQue" Wrote:I would much rather see N.Lions and Joe Pa playing or the title.

But I agree with what TC said. It would take USC or Texas losing big for Penn St to slip into the 2 spot.

The way they have been the last few years, could you have ever imagined youd be even saying they may have a chance at a national title this year.....AWESOME performance by Penn State and Joe Pa this season!
yea i would love to see Penn St and Texas for the title.... with the Horns winning.
If they lose this late in the season, I could see them dropping. 2nd and 3rd would be real close, and if LSU were to beat Georgia, I tihnk they would have a strong case to play in the Rose Bowl. It is time for a playoff system.