Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Owsley Co. 2 - Estill Co. 1
Final! (25-19, 19-25, 23-25)

52nd District Tournament @ Estill County

Congrats Owls

Congrats Estill on a good year
congrats owsley on beating estill..and congrats estill on an 18 win season..With a better coaching staff in Estill county we may have won that game and a lot more this season and maybe even districts..maybe next year theyll get a new coach and we can do something in the postseason..
Totally unexpected or not? With Estill holding region, takes some pizzazz out of it.
rootbeercake Wrote:congrats owsley on beating estill..and congrats estill on an 18 win season..With a better coaching staff in Estill county we may have won that game and a lot more this season and maybe even districts..maybe next year theyll get a new coach and we can do something in the postseason..

are they talking about getting a new coaching staff???
i don't know what happened during the estill owsley game with the estill players. they're so much better than they played on tuesday night. the reffs however need to learn the game and what to call before they show up in uniform for a district tournament game, many bad calls were made. with some bluegrass officials, im sure estill would have won against owsley and continued to the district championship. and to the coaching staff at estill co, you guys are doing a great job. all your players enjoy time they have spent with you and you have made some big impressions in their life. 3 girls playing in the district tournament this year for estill had played no more than 3 years. 1 for just 2 years. their coach brought them a very long ways. and to the "new coaching staff at estill" comment, i don't see any other team in the 14th region with the skills that estill county has. staying down, approach steps, with the effort they have going for the ball, their serving has came a very long ways and they're the loudest, hardest working team in the 14th region. maybe if you would list your name, the coaching staff at estill could help you out. for one, pointing the finger is never good sportsman ship. two, up untill the team had some lulls this season.. ESTILL was the THREAT to be heard of. must take a good coach to make a team who has never won a district championship do that, right? and three, i'm sure you wouldn't want to take on their girls. good job estill. congrats to the seniors who had an amazing season. next year, don't give them the opportunity to talk such nonsense. it just takes one lull. goodluck.
I have a question for you change..if a good coach had 7 seniors starting and an 18 win season to go with it and in a district with one team that had a winning season then usually they atleast make it to district finals espicially if its at home..but with the coaching staff at estill who made questionable coaching decisions all season long they lose to owsley in the first round for the third straight season..dont get me wrong I think mckinnley is one of the best basketball coaches in the 14th region and I think estill should keep him there but I think theres better people for the volleyball job ..the team pretty much carried the coaching staff all season with there experience and God given athletic ability so change if you think this coaching staff is the one estill volleyball needs then your Wrong..there are people out there that know much more about volleyball than he thinks he does and they live right here in Estill county....and this was supposed to be the year that estill atleast saw a district win..so yes, as Barack Obama says, its time for a change..by the way fan section at estill county your the best ive ever seen
Congrats in the OC
rootbeercake Wrote:I have a question for you change..if a good coach had 7 seniors starting and an 18 win season to go with it and in a district with one team that had a winning season then usually they atleast make it to district finals espicially if its at home..but with the coaching staff at estill who made questionable coaching decisions all season long they lose to owsley in the first round for the third straight season..dont get me wrong I think mckinnley is one of the best basketball coaches in the 14th region and I think estill should keep him there but I think theres better people for the volleyball job ..the team pretty much carried the coaching staff all season with there experience and God given athletic ability so change if you think this coaching staff is the one estill volleyball needs then your Wrong..there are people out there that know much more about volleyball than he thinks he does and they live right here in Estill county....and this was supposed to be the year that estill atleast saw a district win..so yes, as Barack Obama says, its time for a change..by the way fan section at estill county your the best ive ever seen

So, did these girls learn all of this volleyball on their own? Did they practice 3 hours a day on their own while their coach sat back and had a Dr. Pepper at Home. Their Coach is one of the hardest working and dedicated men I have ever had the pleasure of knowing.
If he doesn't know it, you can daggone be sure he will find out and learn it right from a reliable source. These girls have been lucky to have a coach that has cared to take the game this serious and teach the skills that are being taught at the level he taught them. Congrats Estill on a good season, Congrats Coach - We're Behind you.
he may have taught them well but he still didnt put district tourny wins up..there was a few certain players on that team that never got benched and they made just as many or more mistakes as the girls he liked to bench when they did something wrong..thats politics in sports for ya in this small town..im just saying basketball is where his success is at.. I will say he is a fine basketball coach..
and to the comment about all the time you put in at practice if mckinnley was more prepared for the owsley game that time at practice wouldnt be wasted and blaming it on the refs isnt doing anything but finding someone to place the blame on..i didnt think the refs lost the game for us it was just one bad call they made at the end..anytime a team loses people usually look for someone to blame and its usually the coaching staff, the people that come out with a gameplan for success in tournaments like this..and he just didnt come out and have these girls prepared enough.. it was the storybook year where it was all layed out for us to go a long ways with home court advantage and everything but me and a whole lot of other people who has watched estill a lot this year can see why and we all point our fingers at the coaching staff..by the way i have inside sources that say mckinnley didnt even know what a libero was before he started coaching..that sounds like somebody that needs to be coaching volleyball...stick with basketball mckinnley let someone else that knows volleyball coach that..opens up more jobs for this economy anyways