Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Channing Fugate
Any last thoughts on how you think Breathitt County's Channing Fugate will do, when he goes to the University of Tennessee football team next year?
A thread the same as this one has already been closed. What makes you think this one wont be closed also?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] [COLOR="Blue"][SIZE="5"]
That Pretty Much Sums It Up.....
[/SIZE][/COLOR]
There's really no point in singling out one player. Doesn't matter what forum (football, basketball, soccer, volleyball, etc) kids are bashed just because some others are jealous of their team or some other selfish reason. That's why the other thread was closed. I say just let the kid play and stop making threads on him because this thread will end up the same way the other did, no offense leecoUKfan.
he will do ok end of discussion
Well for his freshman year I just don't see him getting much playing time as he isn't the most heralded recruit in the nation. He is very good, don't get my wrong, but what I'm saying is Tennessee will have several top 100 recruits at the same position that will most likely see playing time before he does. Basically Fugate needs to take a year or two (maybe even redshirt a year) to build up some muscle and work his butt off in the offseason for a starting spot. I could see him breaking into the playing field in a couple years or so.
Is it just me, or did Fugate have a better season last year than he is having this year? I know the Sheldon Clark game was definitely an off game for him and I think there was another one where he didn't play as expected. Can anyone clairfy this??

I think a lot of high school players that go to D-1 schools, or just about any college for that matter, are going with the "big fish in a small pond" way of thinking and then when they get there, they have a hard time adjusting to the "little fish in a big pond" reality that hits them...this is why a lot of kids don't make it at the next level. It's hard going from being the star of the show to being just another member of the team standing on the sidelines and no one knowing your name.
First of all you have to remember they're just kids. Any kid that goes on and play at any level should be congratulated for accomplishing that. The bashing that takes place is usually from a jealous parent or player. I know kids' heads can swell up when they accomplish recognition of colleges. I don't know the kid, but he has put up some good #'s through his carrer, eventhough he hasn't had that great of year this season. I wish him and every other kid from the area the best of luck in their future no matter what school they're from. Mkae Eastern Kentucky proud!
He will sit the bench like the majority of freshman. He should work hard to make the traveling team
They need to redshirt him his freshman year.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
Hotshot Wrote:First of all you have to remember they're just kids. Any kid that goes on and play at any level should be congratulated for accomplishing that. The bashing that takes place is usually from a jealous parent or player. I know kids' heads can swell up when they accomplish recognition of colleges. I don't know the kid, but he has put up some good #'s through his carrer, eventhough he hasn't had that great of year this season. I wish him and every other kid from the area the best of luck in their future no matter what school they're from. Mkae Eastern Kentucky proud!

Exactly, that is why i started this thread and the other. I am really excited that someone is eastern ky ad especially so close to home is going to a big time D1 SEC school. I am really happy for him!
cougarpride08 Wrote:They need to redshirt him his freshman year.

:Thumbs:
I think Channing will do just fine at UT. I think they are lucky to sign a young guy with so much talent. He can play both sides of the ball easy. I went and watched him play twice this season in Jackson and he is a phenomenal athlete. Like a man amongst boys.

If Breathitt finishes strong this year and Channing continues to run the ball well then he should still be considered for Mr. Football honors. He had 35 touchdowns and over 1700 yards his sophomore year, 38 touchdowns and become one of only five players to rush for over 3000 yards his junior year. I think he may have had 8 touchdowns and maybe 500 yards his freshman year. He could easily end up with over 20 touchdowns and over 1500 yards this season. Who has better stats over a four year period? Who and what are they?
Only OH Napier has had more natural talent coming out of Breathitt County. OH never developed his raw talent though so I look for Fugate to by-pass him rather quickly at UT.
Flashman Wrote:I think Channing will do just fine at UT. I think they are lucky to sign a young guy with so much talent. He can play both sides of the ball easy. I went and watched him play twice this season in Jackson and he is a phenomenal athlete. Like a man amongst boys.

If Breathitt finishes strong this year and Channing continues to run the ball well then he should still be considered for Mr. Football honors. He had 35 touchdowns and over 1700 yards his sophomore year, 38 touchdowns and become one of only five players to rush for over 3000 yards his junior year. I think he may have had 8 touchdowns and maybe 500 yards his freshman year. He could easily end up with over 20 touchdowns and over 1500 yards this season. Who has better stats over a four year period? Who and what are they?
MR. Football Award for 2009 is for the 2009 season. Those other stats a nice but.........
When he moves on to the next level he needs to remember everyone at UT or where ever college is all something and probably one of the best athletes that ever came out of his own high school. Hope he can make the transition because many freshman can't.
^ Good post
BluegrassBuckeye Wrote:Only OH Napier has had more natural talent coming out of Breathitt County. OH never developed his raw talent though so I look for Fugate to by-pass him rather quickly at UT.

I don't know your point with all this OH stuff but he is just a drunk on youtube.This is a sports program and seeing how many you can drink before passing out is not a sport.
nky Wrote:MR. Football Award for 2009 is for the 2009 season. Those other stats a nice but.........
When he moves on to the next level he needs to remember everyone at UT or where ever college is all something and probably one of the best athletes that ever came out of his own high school. Hope he can make the transition because many freshman can't.

In the Lexington paper today it said it is based on your career.He has over 6000 yards so far in his career.
nky Wrote:MR. Football Award for 2009 is for the 2009 season. Those other stats a nice but.........

First of all, you need to get your facts straight...Mr. Football is based on the entire high school career of an athlete. Secondly, many freshman make the transition just fine and I am sure that Channing will be one of those. With a break or two Channing Fugate will end up playing in the NFL. I would like to hear what you have negative to say about it when that day comes.:biggrin:
BobcatStuckInPowell Wrote:In the Lexington paper today it said it is based on your career.He has over 6000 yards so far in his career.

That's what I am saying...who has better stats over the last 4 years and what are they? Channing has really racked up some seriuos numbers over the past 4 years. Why should he not be considered?
BobcatStuckInPowell Wrote:I don't know your point with all this OH stuff but he is just a drunk on youtube.This is a sports program and seeing how many you can drink before passing out is not a sport.

Whoa, you shouldn't say those kinds of things about the Big O. You wouldn't like him when he's angry.

Now let's keep it on topic if you don't mind!! Channing Fugate is a fine football player. He will do just fine at UT. I wish him the best...and so does OH Napier.
leecoukfan Wrote:Any last thoughts on how you think Breathitt County's Channing Fugate will do, when he goes to the University of Tennessee football team next year?

Set him free he is approaching manhood. And best of all they have outlawed c anabolism down there. Jesus Christ if my kid had the opportunity to go there id be doing back flips. hes going to get an EDUCATION if he plays great if not who cares. FREE COLLAGE
bchater Wrote:Set him free he is approaching manhood. And best of all they have outlawed c anabolism down there. Jesus Christ if my kid had the opportunity to go there id be doing back flips. hes going to get an EDUCATION if he plays great if not who cares. FREE COLLAGE

Good point bchater. He'll get free College as well!!
Hotshot Wrote:First of all you have to remember they're just kids. Any kid that goes on and play at any level should be congratulated for accomplishing that. The bashing that takes place is usually from a jealous parent or player. I know kids' heads can swell up when they accomplish recognition of colleges. I don't know the kid, but he has put up some good #'s through his carrer, eventhough he hasn't had that great of year this season. I wish him and every other kid from the area the best of luck in their future no matter what school they're from. Mkae Eastern Kentucky proud!

Well said! It amazes me how sports can at times bring out the worse in people, the jealousy that oozes out of the hearts of parents and other kids certainly is evident.
I hope that Channing Fugate goes to UT and has one outstanding career.
Very nice player i don't if he can play at that level.
I would like to wish him good luck on his future .
I think that Channing deserves to be Mr. Football and if you look at his stats that just back up the decision even more!
Dominique Hayden of LCA has had a pretty good career, recently setting the state records for touchdowns and points for his career. I am unsure on his rushing yards, but he has 119 touchdowns (102 of those on the ground, 8 TDs away from another state record). If this award is truly based on what you have accomplished in your career then I believe he should be considered.
Flashman Wrote:First of all, you need to get your facts straight...Mr. Football is based on the entire high school career of an athlete. Secondly, many freshman make the transition just fine and I am sure that Channing will be one of those. With a break or two Channing Fugate will end up playing in the NFL. I would like to hear what you have negative to say about it when that day comes.:biggrin:
Hope he makes the transition because again most don't. That's why college coaches bring in so many freshman and you don't see that many seniors
just have to wait and see
BigBlueBobcatFan Wrote:just have to wait and see
yup
UKftw123 Wrote:Dominique Hayden of LCA has had a pretty good career, recently setting the state records for touchdowns and points for his career. I am unsure on his rushing yards, but he has 119 touchdowns (102 of those on the ground, 8 TDs away from another state record). If this award is truly based on what you have accomplished in your career then I believe he should be considered.

Good post. I would like to know how many career yards Hayden has. If Channing has a long post season 4-5 games and ends up with close to 2000 yards around 30 tds this could be interesting. Especially if Channing leads the Bobcats to the state title and it could happen. Breathitt has several key starters back and they are running on all cylinders. The Bobcats will be there in the end.:Thumbs: