Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tie Breaker
After looking at some teams records. I seen that there could be some ties in district play. how does the KHSAA determine the tie breaker.
If it is a two team tie, it goes to the team that won the head to head matchup during the season. I am not sure exactly if it is a three team tie. It may have something to do with the amt of points scored in district games or non-district games but I am not sure.
OrangenowBlue Wrote:If it is a two team tie, it goes to the team that won the head to head matchup during the season. I am not sure exactly if it is a three team tie. It may have something to do with the amt of points scored in district games or non-district games but I am not sure.

You right about the first one with two teams tie.

If they are 3 or more teams tie. They take the non-district games, each one that you won. You take the number of win that they got and you get that many points from them.
Just say a team you beat is 9-1. You will get 9 points from that team.
In a 3 way tie, each team involved in the tie can choose 4 teams that they defeated during the regular season and they receive 1 point for each victory by each of those 4 teams.

You can't choose either of the other 2 teams you are tied with as one of your 4
You can choose district or non district wins as one of your 4
You can choose in state or out of state teams as one of your 4

Whoever gets the highest point total, wins 1st place, next highest gets 2nd place, lowest gets 3rd place.

For example: Your team is tied with Team B and Team C with 2-1 district records.

Your team beat Podunk High (8-2), Bugtussle Academy (4-6), Hooterville Prep (7-3) and Pikeville (3-7). (Team records in parenthesis)

You would get 22 points (8+4+7+3)

If the other two teams you were tied with, Team B 19 points and Team C had 11 points, then your team would finish 1st, Team B would be 2nd, Team C would be 3rd.
Just like the class 5a district 8!

Letcher Central 2-1
Whitley Co 2-1
Perry Central 2-1
Harlan Co 2-1

Letcher Central has the tie breaker with Whitely and Perry, but lost to Harlan Co.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
cougarpride08 Wrote:Just like the class 5a district 8!

Letcher Central 2-1
Whitley Co 2-1
Perry Central 2-1
Harlan Co 2-1

Letcher Central has the tie breaker with Whitely and Perry, but lost to Harlan Co.

Lots of football left to play before this district picture will be clear.
Buc-a-roo Wrote:Lots of football left to play before this district picture will be clear.

That district may have to just have their own playoffs just to figure out who gets in...
Perry and Harlan plays Friday will clear a little bit of the picture.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]