Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Perry County Central 14 - Clay County 0
Final.
Nice win for PCC
jordan amis got hurt on a td run right before halftime and didn't play the 2nd half. pcc picked up another td near the end of the 4th. clay scores early in the game but it got called back for holding. after that pccs defense shut them down. they also had 3 interceptions.

good win pcc, and good job backup freshman qb austin pray for replacing amis
Very muddy, very dirty. Jordan Amis didn't play in the 2nd half of this one, he hurt his shoulder toward the end of the first half. Austin Pray done an excellent job of filling in for Jordan in the 2nd half. Great win for PCC, and congrats.
amis suffered from a seperated shoulder when he got hit running in a td right before halftime. gotta give it for pccs defense and backup qb for holding it together. pcc is now 2-1 in the district and 6-1 overall, go dores!!
how long is Amis out??? This could really hurt them...Nasty late hit he took as well
Clay Co. 0 0 0 0 0

Perry Co. Central 0 8 0 6 14

Scoring summary:
P--Jordan Amis 4 run (Matthew Robinson pass from Austin Pray); P--Bryan Rankin 2 run (pass failed).
Records: Perry Co. Central 6-1, Clay Co. 4-3.

Kentucky.com
I picked PC by 14 but didnt think that the Commodore D would get a shut out on Clay. Pretty Impressive job PCCs defense has done this year. I think this is the 3rd shut out this year. Congrats PC.
kyfan10 Wrote:amis suffered from a seperated shoulder when he got hit running in a td right before halftime. gotta give it for pccs defense and backup qb for holding it together. pcc is now 2-1 in the district and 6-1 overall, go dores!!

It's not seperated...
he has some sort of internal bruise or something
He's getting therapy through the week and he's getting another opinion on monday in Lexington
They said it will heal and if he can play with the pain he's good to go
zaga_fan Wrote:It's not seperated...
he has some sort of internal bruise or something
He's getting therapy through the week and he's getting another opinion on monday in Lexington
They said it will heal and if he can play with the pain he's good to go

its a seperated ac joint.
Nice win for the Dores..The D stepped up big when they needed too and Austin Pray came in and did a fine job, hopefully Amis will be back next week and the Dores can keep rolling
Good win Dores!
They have an interesting game next week at Harlan.....can't wait
Really sloppy game
I think the rain was definitely the reason for Clay county's inability to score
They played hard in a really sloppy game that was full of mud, short yardage runs, and about 15-20 penalties from both teams together
PCC had one monumental drive at the end of the first half that really deflated Clay's team
PCC got it on the 6 yard line and if I'm not mistaken every yard of the 94 yard drive were from scrambles and draws from Amis
Clay County had a few good drives but it seemed they would always stall at about midfield
Good competitive game for both teams in this tough district
The remainder of the season really depends on the status of Amis. Too tough of a district to have a mishap. Hopefully he can return. With they type of competitor Amis is, I'd say he'll be back if at all possible.
congrats pcc
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:how long is Amis out??? This could really hurt them...Nasty late hit he took as well

What late hit? He was still in bounds and the play was still live. Yea he got knocked about five yards out of bounds, but it was still a good football hit. That play lead to the Jordan Amis touchdown after Clay had held them to nothing the whole half. But I do hope his injury is not long term. I hate seeing any players season cut short for an injury but a seniors is even worse.
FootballManiac Wrote:What late hit? He was still in bounds and the play was still live. Yea he got knocked about five yards out of bounds, but it was still a good football hit. That play lead to the Jordan Amis touchdown after Clay had held them to nothing the whole half. But I do hope his injury is not long term. I hate seeing any players season cut short for an injury but a seniors is even worse.

Your crazy if you didnt think that was a late hit, he was clearly out of bounds, they even showed it on Sports OT, I think you might need to go back and watch it.
Who was Coach Browne yelling at. They showed that on WYMT also.
OrangenowBlue Wrote:Who was Coach Browne yelling at. They showed that on WYMT also.

the refs
Most def. was a late hit. I agree that sports overtime showed a great shot of it.
wood_chuck Wrote:the refs

I was wondering because he was irate.
He is always yelling at the refs! haha... The hit on Jordan was late and got called for a late hit and got a 15 yard penalty that led to the touchdown. The play Jordan got hurt on was a legal play, it just looked bad because he got drove so far out of bounds. But these were two seperate plays.
whats the latest on amis?