Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
S.V-clintwood?how will the weather affect this game?
WHAT DO YA THINK?:argue:
Increase chances of fumbles but not much more. May actually hurt Valley more actually because they are so dependant on misdirection and ball handling.
if valley plays like their capable of playing i would say that they will win.....but then again i dont know much about this Clintwood team...R they any good....the weather should not be a factor for S.V unless it starts getting windy...but rain i dont hink will affect sv's chances
I was wondering if the game would be cancelled due to the threat of a tornado. If anyone hears anything, please post!
ballin23 Wrote:if valley plays like their capable of playing i would say that they will win.....but then again i dont know much about this Clintwood team...R they any good....the weather should not be a factor for S.V unless it starts getting windy...but rain i dont hink will affect sv's chances

Clintwood is a pretty daggone good team... State Runner-Up in their class the past two seasons. A SV victory would be an upset.
i agree EKU. valleys bread and butter the running game.the weather could mean trouble for s.v. do you no if clintwood is apassing team?or do they also rely on the run?
From what I have read up on them.........they like to run,too.
i dont think so all or nothing.but they are not allowed to play when its lightning.tornado watch untill 7.00 game time 7.30
valllyfan Wrote:i agree EKU. valleys bread and butter the running game.the weather could mean trouble for s.v. do you no if clintwood is apassing team?or do they also rely on the run?

Running team, but a little more north-south than Valley and they will pass the ball more frequent.

The weather's effect will be negligable, but Valley would porbably be slightly more suspect to be effected. Certainly helps to be playing on turf though.
I, for one, am getting really excited about this game. I hope the weather holds off.....nobody wants to give Valley any credit for their accomplishments this year because of a "weak" schedule. I think this is their first chance to come away with a win on a respectable team. But, even if they do win, some people will probably say, "Ah, they won b/c it was a VA team, or that team was from a smaller school."

Notice I'm anticipating a win...I think they are def. capable. Go CATS!
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Running team, but a little more north-south than Valley and they will pass the ball more frequent.

The weather's effect will be negligable, but Valley would porbably be slightly more suspect to be effected. Certainly helps to be playing on turf though.
do you no if clintwood has the caliber running backs as valley and how much experience does this team have?
valllyfan Wrote:do you no if clintwood has the caliber running backs as valley and how much experience does this team have?

4 Starters back on both sides of the ball from what I read.

I would say that the backs will be pretty even. Clintwood is known for being fundamentally sound and they don't beat themselves with mistakes. If SV wants to win they have to stop committing so many penalties and they can't turn the ball over.

Clintwood will remind you of what Pburg has looked like the past couple seasons.
all-or-nothing Wrote:I, for one, am getting really excited about this game. I hope the weather holds off.....nobody wants to give Valley any credit for their accomplishments this year because of a "weak" schedule. I think this is their first chance to come away with a win on a respectable team. But, even if they do win, some people will probably say, "Ah, they won b/c it was a VA team, or that team was from a smaller school."

Notice I'm anticipating a win...I think they are def. capable. Go CATS!
i agree. not much respect for valley right now.but i think when this regular season is over with.people will have no choice but to respect us. GO VALLEY
EKUAlum05 Wrote:4 Starters back on both sides of the ball from what I read.

I would say that the backs will be pretty even. Clintwood is known for being fundamentally sound and they don't beat themselves with mistakes. If SV wants to win they have to stop committing so many penalties and they can't turn the ball over.

Clintwood will remind you of what Pburg has looked like the past couple seasons.
THANKS i have to agree to many stupid unsportsman penaltys aginst leslie co.last week.a sign that this new coach dosent have complete control.
Rain will make less notable the puddle Clintwood will turn SV into.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Clintwood is a pretty daggone good team... State Runner-Up in their class the past two seasons. A SV victory would be an upset.
Would u happen 2 know what class Clintwood is in?....................And it prolly would be an upset but im lookin and hopeing for 1........I do belive Valley is capable...GO VALLEY..:****happe AND I EXPECT an upset 2 happen go valley
ballin23 Wrote:Would u happen 2 know what class Clintwood is in?....................And it prolly would be an upset but im lookin and hopeing for 1........I do belive Valley is capable...GO VALLEY..:****happe AND I EXPECT an upset 2 happen go valley
They have an enrollment of 318 so I guess they are in the smallest class in va.