Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Toughest Places to play
Daniel_BellCo Wrote:We gave the blue birds all they wanted on log mountain in 2004 playoff game. We actually won by forfeit 1-0. but of course everyone knows the story about this.:Clap: Bell and Rockcastle County may be the only mountain teams to be able to beat and play up with those pesky blue birds! Well Johnson Central played highlands tough last year too.

Just yanking the BC chain. Bell is one of my favorite road trips. (I also enjoyed JC, Rockcastle and Sheldon Clark.)
Rebel55 Wrote:What about Rockcastle County? I seem to remember a game on Nov. 29th. 2002.

I missed that one. One of my traveling buds got sick that day and the other had to work late. We were thinking about trying to make it down for the second half, but the game was already a spanking by the time he got home. No way I saw that coming after the previous trip there, but that was an exceptional HHS squad.
Toughest: Highlands
Hospitality: Estill Co.
Craziest Fans: Prestonsburg
logmountainboy64 Wrote:why do you say that they had to use a ineligable player to win on log moutain the last time they played there..........

Log mountain toughest palce to play IMO

However you want to excuse it.
As for hospitality, Sheldon Clark gets my pick. :1:
Crazy fans? I can't say anyone comes to mind. Individual nutcases here and there, but nothing as a group. I've been traveling to Highlands road games for years and with an exception or two, we were always made to feel welcome and the opposing fans have been great.
burch is a bad place to play..
Are we speaking of just in Kentucky or that we have been too?
Because Elder is pretty insane!
I wouldn't say any of them are "tough" because there are not to many places like college football where you can't even hear on the field.
Ashland is definately toughest place to walk away with a W because of the Refs. \:lmao: Im just kidding. Putnam is a great place to play. Probably my favorite when I played.
As far as 1A goes, Dayton was pretty crazy as well. Getting cussed at by people as soon as your bus pulls into town. Even bottles of pop and stuff bieng thrown at the bus.
crazy fans would have to be Perry Central and Mercer County.
tcb Wrote:crazy fans would have to be Perry Central and Mercer County.

Yes. Last year we played PCC in the Teco Bowl and we got into a scuffle with PCC and some guy had a chew of skoal in, 7 teeth total, and a Def Leppard shirt on and i think i saw a gun came over there fence and was trying to fight our whole team and of course he had his Sister/Gf backing him up. J/k.
BADCAT74 Wrote:Here are a couple one on the left is from this year. Man I love that old place!
Beautiful
A_Ray #5 :];848827 Wrote:Yes. Last year we played PCC in the Teco Bowl and we got into a scuffle with PCC and some guy had a chew of skoal in, 7 teeth total, and a Def Leppard shirt on and i think i saw a gun came over there fence and was trying to fight our whole team and of course he had his Sister/Gf backing him up. J/k.

What do you mean J/K i have 8 teeth you need to learn to count:biggrin:
bell county
ROCKSOLID69 Wrote:why not. the are still undefeated this year.

This is true.
bchater Wrote:What do you mean J/K i have 8 teeth you need to learn to count:biggrin:

That's what that Mountain Dew will do to you haha.
Belfry in the playoffs. Enough said.
idk if anyones mentioned this but make a trip to tank stadium in Ironton OH can someone tell me the last ky team that won there the last time the tomcats did it was in 1990
tomcatfan722000 Wrote:idk if anyones mentioned this but make a trip to tank stadium in Ironton OH can someone tell me the last ky team that won there the last time the tomcats did it was in 1990
Belfry won 19-18 at the Tank in the mid 90s, (1996?). Very tough place to play, but one of my favorites.
Man, WV. "Hillbillies"!!!!!! nuff' said.
RUSSELL RED DEVILS
Toughest place to play - Highlands takes the cake as how the stadium is layed out the fans are virtually on the opposing teams sideline and its extremely loud I must say. Before Highlands' Cannon was retired this year it was also formidable and just wasn't a motivator for the other team as Highlands scored early and often and it just kept booming with each score.

Most Hospitable - Bowling Green takes this one home. I've been to one game there and it was one of the most experiences I have ever had. The fans were extremely nice and even offered up meeting the next day at a local bar to watch some of the college football games with them. Hopefully when I visit my relatives down there soon again I'll be able to head to see another Purples game and reacquaint myself with some of the people I met during my first visit.

Craziest Fans - The CovCath crazies are BY FAR the craziest and most passionate fans you will ever meet. If you ever get a chance to go to a CovCath game get a good look at the student section. In terms of antics, creativity, and sheer passion no one can match the CovCath crazies... There is a reason they are known throughout the state as the CovCath crazies.