Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Classiest football teams?
Class today in football programs is definitely something to be commended. Who are the classiest teams you all have seen this year?

I would say the classiest opponent for pburg this year has been Bath Co, which kind of came as a surprise considering the incident the two teams had two years ago.
I think that a coach can certainly set the tone, by being a class act. It can all be turned around almost instantly, if the adults lead by example.

Class should be a common thread that holds us all together, but it has to start with the "leaders". From the head coach, to the assistants, the team captains, etc.
Sheldon Clark Football Is The Classiest No Doubt About It. :]
blackcat_mc Wrote:Class today in football programs is definitely something to be commended. Who are the classiest teams you all have seen this year?

I would say the classiest opponent for pburg this year has been Bath Co, which kind of came as a surprise considering the incident the two teams had two years ago.

Fullton Co and Calloway Co. (just kidding)
Without doubt, the Matewan Tigers (snicker....).

Actually, Belfry. Belfry players are always very classy. Of course, it comes from the top down.
Phillip Haywood and the Belfry Pirates
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Around Rockcastle County, 3 things are mentioned (Renfro Valley,World's Little Fair,and Rockcastle County Football) Rockcastle has made football a basic tradition since the late 1970's in my strong opinion, Rockcastle's second season which was 1973 had a winning season with a 5-3-1 record I believe. Rockcastle County High School Football has to be up there as far as classiet because us the players were treated like the VIP of Rockcastle County......lol, Rockcastle dont overlook any opponent, we show good sportsmanship on the field, we got traditions during the games at home we've had for over 30 years. Rockcastle County Football in the county itself is perhaps one of the top 3 attractions when you enter the county because basically when enter a certain way on US 25 going toward Mt. Vernon, there is a sign that says "Welcome to Mt. Vernon" and underneath the sign it says "Home of the Rockcastle County Rockets". There is another county that has a nickname of consideration in my strong opinion of "title town" when it comes to kentucky high school football and thats Boyle County. basically Boyle County and Danville put together have won a combined 15 state championships for the county under just football.
Belfry is classy year in and year out and thats why the program is respected so much on and off the field. They have a very classy guy for a head coach.
blackcat_mc Wrote:Who are the classiest teams you all have seen this year?

From Boyle's 6 games.......I'd say Lafayette
I would say Mason Co. Is right up there at the top. I went to several games there when they were on Ashlands scheduel an from the way the fans behaved to the players on the field. IMO are class top to bottom! Bucannon runs a tight ship.
I have to say about belfry though it seemed to be different this year, in the past when Ashland would play at the old field we have had some pretty bad experiences as a team an as fans. I remember couple times having rocks thrown cursed at players an fans on the bus. I know this could be an isolated incidents an it has been a while cause we don't play them every year but it has happened. And except for one time at Ironton in 83 I can't remember anything like that happening anywhere else. So for me belfry would not be top of the list.
"You're either coaching it, or allowing it to happen!"
Great quote I saw on Bert Brownes board this year.
belfry no doubt
Lawrence County
Belfry, Covcath,Lexcath, and highlands
Bell County then there is Rock, Belfry, Clay well just about every mountain team cause here in the mountains we take pride in our football programs
I gotta give it to lexington cath. they kick our *** to get the running clock pull there varisity imediatly, and if the jv is pounding us the move on to there freshmen. i reliese this also develops players. but its still classy. lmao lets start a thread about the least classy. FYI west jess took a knee for the final 2 minutes at the 2 yard line against western hills. and there parents were top notch the ones i spoke with anyway. start that other thread and ill tell you about there coaches. it isnt pretty need a huge block of cheese.:argue:
Dayton:lmao::lmao:

Basing this off of when I played. South Floyd and probably Ludlow were the two classiest teams I played against.
BelfryPride Wrote:Phillip Haywood and the Belfry Pirates

You have to be kidding...Right?
Twitter: @tc_analytics

I scrimmaged at Belfry back in 01. Very classy people I enjoyed okaying there.
BigBlueBobcatFan Wrote:Bell County then there is Rock, Belfry, Clay well just about every mountain team cause here in the mountains we take pride in our football programs

That a good list. here is a few classiest teams i have see over the years. Lex Cath, LCA, Mason Co, LCC, Lafayette, P-burg, Highlands, Beechwood, Bell Co, Mayfield, Anderson Co, Frankfort, Danville, Bolye Co. I been to so many games over the years they start running into each other.

Ever team in the mountain don't have class. There is a few team that don't have any, some of them is not use to winning.

With all the wins they got. They should have, they should try to beat every team by 5+ TDS. There fans is ok when they run the score up, but when the other teams does it. They don't like that. I know some games the FR team can run the score up, that is ok. That is not the starter.
I look at teams that win and lose the same way. They shake hands and move on rather than make excuses get into confrontations. Many of the teams named already are frontrunners and are sore losers. But people are entitled to their own opinion, heck, look hard enough I am sure there are a lot of people who think the leader of Iran has class, it is what it is.
Twitter: @tc_analytics

morgan county and belfry
BADCAT74 Wrote:I have to say about belfry though it seemed to be different this year, in the past when Ashland would play at the old field we have had some pretty bad experiences as a team an as fans. I remember couple times having rocks thrown cursed at players an fans on the bus. I know this could be an isolated incidents an it has been a while cause we don't play them every year but it has happened. And except for one time at Ironton in 83 I can't remember anything like that happening anywhere else. So for me belfry would not be top of the list.

Well, if that happened, it was the fans and NOT the team or coaches which this thread is about. And if you really want to get into that kind of argument, I remember being at Ashland when I was in high school and we were treated horribly...so I guess IF those incidents really happened at the old Vipperman satdium, then we'll just chalk it up to KarmaConfusedhh:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheBrahmaBull Wrote:I look at teams that win and lose the same way. They shake hands and move on rather than make excuses get into confrontations. Many of the teams named already are frontrunners and are sore losers. But people are entitled to their own opinion, heck, look hard enough I am sure there are a lot of people who think the leader of Iran has class, it is what it is.

Some one has a burr under their saddleConfusedhh:
TheBrahmaBull Wrote:I look at teams that win and lose the same way. They shake hands and move on rather than make excuses get into confrontations. Many of the teams named already are frontrunners and are sore losers. But people are entitled to their own opinion, heck, look hard enough I am sure there are a lot of people who think the leader of Iran has class, it is what it is.

There is some merit to this, but you also have to point out that there are also teams who win alot that are sore winners as well. Teams that run up the score, team that taunt visiting fans when they are on the road, teams who celebrate on the field excessively.

It is also necessary to deviate the difference between a team and their fans as it pertains to class. I am going to cast stones at my own lot, but Belfry has some of the best fans and some of the worst you will find. There are some fans who truly respresent the program with utmost of class, and some that are embarassing. But for those actions, it has no reflection whatsoever on the actual class of the team and coaches. Phillip Haywood is 100% the classiest coach you will run across in Kentucky with maybe the exception of Ivan McGlone at Russell. Both coaches class exudes through their team, you will never hear either coach making "bold predictions" or assuring a win, both coaches will give credit to the other team following the game, and you never see either coach standing in the middle of the field acting like a jerk to the officials.

For the sake of "not being a homer" my pick will be Russell, but Haywood and his team certainly deserves merit.
Is every person going to nominate every team they play and their own team?
For Mr. Brahma Bull. Belfry, as a whole is a very classy school with its share of classy fans, coaches and players. There are some bad apples in every lot, Belfry included. Coach Haywood teaches class and his players exhibit this and if they do not they pay for it. Now, since you wish to bang against Belfry, let's objectively analyze one of your favorite teams, the Bobcats of Breathitt County. I have never had a problem with any of their fans. I even had an exchange with one on here last year through private messages where we were both complimentary of each other. This was directly after Belfry's loss to Breathitt in the state semis. Coach Holcomb is a legend and deservingly so. He has 3 state titles and has a history of great players. Some of his actions i witnessed myself have not been the classiest. He paraded up and down the field at Belfry two years ago after disagreeing with a call that, imo, he was right about. I am talking about the middle of the field for 20-30 yards, and he was not penalized. However, the way you handle adversity says as much about a man, as does the way you handle success. Number 2 for the 'Cats. The two radio crews that worked right beside us last year were the two most unprofessional crews I have ever seen. Talking to them before the game they were just some good ole fellers,, and I think they just lost it in all the excitement. I understand getting excited. I understand what it would mean to beat Belfry on their home field and go to state. I do not understand hollering uncontrollably and beating chairs and walls. I could almost understand that type of behavior if it were East Ridge or Shelby Valley beating Belfry. Not that these two schools don't have class, just the opposite, but if they ever did beat Belfry, a lot of people would go into fits. However, I do not understand it coming from the announcers of a program with as storied of a history as the Bobcats have. This thread says classiest teams, and I know this goes beyond those borders, but fans and media are reflections of a program. I have talked to a lot of good folks from Breathitt County and they are some passionate, sincere folks just like we are at Belfry and a lot of other schools, but if I had acted the way those radio guys did, I would have laid my headphones down for the final time and called it quits. These are just a couple of examples of how we all get too excited sometimes. Sometimes, however, our actions get viewed in public for all the world to see.
As for my top picks of classiest teams: Belfry, Russell, and Sheldon Clark minus Hager's occasonal rant.:biggrin:
Breathitt because as many games as they have been losing they don't start playing dirtylike most teams