Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Highlands 52 Dixie 9
Highlands won easily tonight with some changes on offense. Collingsworth was playing QB in first half as well as some RB. Towles (spelling?) played some QB also with mixed results. He looked way off on early passes, but made some passes later in the game. His passes just are not sharp and he looks like he is shot putting the passes. He looks like if he continues to get more playing time, that he will be a fair QB. Highlands loses alot though with Bardo out. AC had another fumble tonight, hope this is not going to be the trend.Streeter got alot of playing time tonight at RB over the usual number 2 RB, he is small but can fly. Defense came out alittle lethargic, but played pretty good.
Highlands is the best Team in KY and Ohio lol
So maybe Dixie was overrated at teh beginning of the season.....
Stardust Wrote:So maybe Dixie was overrated at teh beginning of the season.....

:1:
:thatsfunn

I've heard this before somewhere, haven't I?:eyeroll:
I called this blowout. If Dixie doesnt achieve some success in the next couple years with the group of sophomores they have, I think Spritzky days are numbered.
sstack Wrote:Highlands won easily tonight with some changes on offense. Collingsworth was playing QB in first half as well as some RB. Towles (spelling?) played some QB also with mixed results. He looked way off on early passes, but made some passes later in the game. His passes just are not sharp and he looks like he is shot putting the passes. He looks like if he continues to get more playing time, that he will be a fair QB. Highlands loses alot though with Bardo out. AC had another fumble tonight, hope this is not going to be the trend.Streeter got alot of playing time tonight at RB over the usual number 2 RB, he is small but can fly. Defense came out alittle lethargic, but played pretty good.

I don't remember Austin fumbling. Are you sure about that? He did throw an interception when he played qb. Streeter had the fumble on the opening drive.
Shocked at the margin of victory..Heights isn't a bad football team to say the least..Just shows how great Highlands is even after facing adversity losing there starting QB.
sstack Wrote:Highlands won easily tonight with some changes on offense. Collingsworth was playing QB in first half as well as some RB. Towles (spelling?) played some QB also with mixed results. He looked way off on early passes, but made some passes later in the game. His passes just are not sharp and he looks like he is shot putting the passes. He looks like if he continues to get more playing time, that he will be a fair QB. Highlands loses alot though with Bardo out. AC had another fumble tonight, hope this is not going to be the trend.Streeter got alot of playing time tonight at RB over the usual number 2 RB, he is small but can fly. Defense came out alittle lethargic, but played pretty good.

I really hope someday you and I can agree on something, but Towles did an outstanding job considering the situation at Highlands. This kid has ICE in his veins. His passes were bullets. Sometimes too powerful for the receivers to lay their hands on. I'd say one or two passes weren't catchable. The rest were dropped by the receivers. The TD pass to Buten in the endzone was an absolute thing of beauty. "fair QB"? Give the kid a break. Did he throw an INT or fumble the ball? no. AC did not fumble. He threw an INT. I agree that the defense looked tired and emotionally drained, but so did the crowd. The last week has been a roller coaster for all Bluebird fans. Highlands was experimenting tonight to get a feel for what is going to work in the playoffs. Cov Cath scouts were there and everyone had their eyes on whether or not Towles could add to this offense. The result: He has maintained our passing game and showed that he can run as well by scampering for 30. Remember, he is only a sophomore....no bardo, but I'll take this kid any day of the week. Great Job, HIGHLANDS!
Dixie Heights 0 3 6 0 - 9
HIghlands 7 24 14 7 - 52
H – Collinsworth 7 run (Weinel kick)
H – Weinel 21 FG
D – Wilson 42 FG
H – Streeter 52 run (Weinel kick)
H – Collinsworth 1 run (Weinel kick)
H – Collinsworth 1 run (Weinel kick)
D – Wilson 7 run (kick blocked)
H – Towles 15 pass to Streeter (Weinel kick)
H – Towles 27 pass to Buten (Weinel kick)
H – Towles 42 pass to Drennen (Weinel kick)

Records: Dixie Heights (3-4), Highlands (7-0)

NKY.com
whackem'n'stackem Wrote:I really hope someday you and I can agree on something, but Towles did an outstanding job considering the situation at Highlands. This kid has ICE in his veins. His passes were bullets. Sometimes too powerful for the receivers to lay their hands on. I'd say one or two passes weren't catchable. The rest were dropped by the receivers. The TD pass to Buten in the endzone was an absolute thing of beauty. "fair QB"? Give the kid a break. Did he throw an INT or fumble the ball? no. AC did not fumble. He threw an INT. I agree that the defense looked tired and emotionally drained, but so did the crowd. The last week has been a roller coaster for all Bluebird fans. Highlands was experimenting tonight to get a feel for what is going to work in the playoffs. Cov Cath scouts were there and everyone had their eyes on whether or not Towles could add to this offense. The result: He has maintained our passing game and showed that he can run as well by scampering for 30. Remember, he is only a sophomore....no bardo, but I'll take this kid any day of the week. Great Job, HIGHLANDS!

Good update on Towles - it isn't everyday that a sophomore quarterback starts at Highlands - that is a lot of pressure.

The margin of victory shows that Highlands could be untouchable in 5A even if they have Bardo or not.

However, I do hope that some scouts study film of that Highlands/Cincy St. X game last week because would be a stud cornerback (6-4, can change direction and run like the wind).
charlie22 Wrote:I don't remember Austin fumbling. Are you sure about that? He did throw an interception when he played qb. Streeter had the fumble on the opening drive.

I thought so, too.
whackem'n'stackem Wrote:I really hope someday you and I can agree on something, but Towles did an outstanding job considering the situation at Highlands. This kid has ICE in his veins. His passes were bullets. Sometimes too powerful for the receivers to lay their hands on. I'd say one or two passes weren't catchable. The rest were dropped by the receivers. The TD pass to Buten in the endzone was an absolute thing of beauty. "fair QB"? Give the kid a break. Did he throw an INT or fumble the ball? no. AC did not fumble. He threw an INT. I agree that the defense looked tired and emotionally drained, but so did the crowd. The last week has been a roller coaster for all Bluebird fans. Highlands was experimenting tonight to get a feel for what is going to work in the playoffs. Cov Cath scouts were there and everyone had their eyes on whether or not Towles could add to this offense. The result: He has maintained our passing game and showed that he can run as well by scampering for 30. Remember, he is only a sophomore....no bardo, but I'll take this kid any day of the week. Great Job, HIGHLANDS!

I think "fair" is accurate, but I give him the + for having room for improvement and the ability to make that improvement. Not sure if he's going to be able to shoulder the necessary load for the Birds to win 5A, but it's not terribly fair to him to have that expectation.
I was not that hard on the kid as you are making it sound. I think he looked like a nervous soph at the beginning of the game with some bad passes, but I also said he looked much better as the game progressed. I also agree that the TD pass was a very nice pass. I gave the kid credit and said with continued reps that HHS will be fine with him at QB. He will however be no Bardo, but then agian not many kids are. I also liked Towels better at QB then AC; I did not like AC at QB. I feel you are looking for something to disagree with me on, when I believe with both are on ageement for the most part on this topic.
charlie22 Wrote:I don't remember Austin fumbling. Are you sure about that? He did throw an interception when he played qb. Streeter had the fumble on the opening drive.

Sorry, I think you are right. I think it was Streeter on the opening drive.
Towels is a natural born leader. I have watched him on the basketball court and gridiron since he was in grade school and he has a lot of moxy and is a vocal kid. I like AC's quote in the paper showing confidence in the soph as well. Nice problem to have with Frosh QB Donovan McCoy coming up as well. D in my opinion is the best QB in NKY at his age group.
This was probably the most inaccurate post I've ever seen on this site. It makes you wonder what the motivation of the poster was. First of all Towles throws bullets. Even the most novel of observers would tell you that. His arm strength is certainly indicative of someone who could play at the next level. If Highlands cuts him loose in the first half of that game he may have thrown for 5 or 6 touchdowns. I think Mueller was very smart to get him acclimated before he took the reigns off. Perhaps what is more indicative of your bias or ignorance in judging talent is your comment that he will be a fair QB. If I'm correct he had only 4 days of practice as the number one QB. He's good right now. I've heard people in "the know" at Highlands call him a young Bardo. I think when Towles is a senior those comparisons will certainly be able to be made. I give your comments and judgment little credence, but that's up to the people who read the post on this site to make those judgments. Austin Collinsworth's statement, "Patrick had a heck of a game,” said Collinsworth. “He’s going to be our quarterback and we believe in him,” carries significant more weight.
a little too hard on double stack. ..... I think most Highlands fans are just a little nervous about the future and everyone just needs to give this kid a chance before critiqueing his play. This kid is more than ready to lead this team to state. Covington Catholic should be a good barometer for Towles...It may just end up being his coming out party......
NCC41 Wrote:Austin Collinsworth's statement, "Patrick had a heck of a game,” said Collinsworth. “He’s going to be our quarterback and we believe in him,” carries significant more weight.

:please: What do you expect him to say?
[quote=Can you dig it?]:please: What do you expect him to say?[/QUOTE

Of course he is going to say that. He is a team player and would never say anything negative agianst a teammate.
Because there isn't anything negative to say about Towles performance. News flash: Bardo's first couple games this year weren't exactly "Joe Montana esque". I think you're going to be surprised at just how well Towles fits into this offense.
NCC41 Wrote:This was probably the most inaccurate post I've ever seen on this site. It makes you wonder what the motivation of the poster was. First of all Towles throws bullets. Even the most novel of observers would tell you that. His arm strength is certainly indicative of someone who could play at the next level. If Highlands cuts him loose in the first half of that game he may have thrown for 5 or 6 touchdowns. I think Mueller was very smart to get him acclimated before he took the reigns off. Perhaps what is more indicative of your bias or ignorance in judging talent is your comment that he will be a fair QB. If I'm correct he had only 4 days of practice as the number one QB. He's good right now. I've heard people in "the know" at Highlands call him a young Bardo. I think when Towles is a senior those comparisons will certainly be able to be made. I give your comments and judgment little credence, but that's up to the people who read the post on this site to make those judgments. Austin Collinsworth's statement, "Patrick had a heck of a game,” said Collinsworth. “He’s going to be our quarterback and we believe in him,” carries significant more weight.
Is this Towles father? I have seemed to have hit a nerve. I have watched this kid in scrimmages, games and Fridays game.He has thrown some passes that are no where near the WR's and does not throw a tight spiral. The people around me at the game Friday where all saying the same thing, so it is not just me. I thought he looked nervous and rushed, but I also stated that I felt he looked better as the game progressed. I ,or even you can not state that he is going to be great(which Bardo was) at this stage. I also gave the kid credit for a very pretty pass for the TD. And as far as people "in the know", I have heard that the freshmen QB will push strongly to be the starter. I watched him in two games this year and he looks impressive (but that is coming from someone who is ignorant according to you). I said HHS would be fine with him at QB (I like him better there than AC), but it is a BIG drop off from having Bardo. I also see you are not a full member yet, which means you probably have not seen too many posts. This helps explain why you think this is the most inaccurate post ever. Stick around because I can guarantee this post is nothing compared to some of the posts you are going to see on here!
whackem'n'stackem Wrote:Because there isn't anything negative to say about Towles performance. News flash: Bardo's first couple games this year weren't exactly "Joe Montana esque". I think you're going to be surprised at just how well Towles fits into this offense.

I did not say there was anything negative to say. I said even if there was, that AC would not because that is not his style.
whackem'n'stackem Wrote:Because there isn't anything negative to say about Towles performance. News flash: Bardo's first couple games this year weren't exactly "Joe Montana esque". I think you're going to be surprised at just how well Towles fits into this offense.

Does the rose tint to those glasses make the sky pink in your world?:eyeroll:
whackem'n'stackem Wrote:I think you're going to be surprised at just how well Towles fits into this offense.

I hope so. I never claimed that I wasn't optimistic.
Bardo didn't start off looking all too great, and he ended up looking awesome. Towles will be fine, just needs to get acclimated to the varsity level. Highlands should still run through every team at the 5A level that they see.

But, honestly, are we already claiming another QB from HHS to be a legit next level player etc. etc. Let the kid freaking play. He's a sophmore!
drizzy Wrote:But, honestly, are we already claiming another QB from HHS to be a legit next level player etc. etc. Let the kid freaking play. He's a sophmore!

:Thumbs:
Not his dad sorry?
Your comment, "He looks like if he continues to get more playing time, that he will be a fair QB." This comment speaks volumes about your inability or reluctance to evaluate football players.
NCC41 Wrote:Not his dad sorry?
Your comment, "He looks like if he continues to get more playing time, that he will be a fair QB." This comment speaks volumes about your inability or reluctance to evaluate football players.

Okay, the stage is yours. Speak to us from your volumes of knowledge and evaluate for us.
Are you his uncle?:popcorn:
NCC you are new here and just wanted to tell you that you will learn quickly to ignore Can You Dig it. He thinks he is the all nowing high school football guru. Dont let him get to. Just ignore his posts and he will eventually leave you alone. I have found it easier to just:flush: him away and have fun on here.
The fact of the matter here is that Towles is not ready to be a starter. He was very shaky at the beginning, missing some open receivers by as many as 3-5 yards. As shown in the St. X game, Towles has shown that he can not be counted on in the clutch, even when assigned the simplest of tasks. I fear that once a team is able to stop the Highlands' running game, the rest of the team will go down with it.

I may seem a bit pessimistic, but I did not enjoy the fact that we, the student section, had to give Pat a sarcastic clap every time he completed a simple pass.