Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Lawrence County
79.66%
Greenup County
20.34%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lawrence County @ Greenup County 10/9
lcgrad2002 Wrote:I don't think people are giving LC's defense that much credit, they shut down a great Sheldon Clark running team and one of the best in the state with Shelby Valleys running team. They are stout against the run.

when 30 pionts r scored on u it is not a shut out.:eyeroll:
both teams are going to be ready to play,and i see it close in the first half,but in the second i think lc will pull away with the win.
Musketeer Wrote:If Greenup plays Lawrence the way they did in the first half of the Rowan County game We will walk away winners. IMO Lawrence is overated and does not play a very strong schedule.

Well....although this is not the strong schedule you want to see LC have, this was the schedule they needed. After a horrible few years, they needed a schedule that would allow for a building season. I thought coming into the season that their schedule was kinda weak, but when I seen the Dawgs put a beat down on Sheldon Clark, I new this team was for real!!! Watch out GC, this LC team is no slouch!!!:1:
osufan Wrote:when 30 pionts r scored on u it is not a shut out.:eyeroll:

Who said anything about it being a shut out.. But we have shut out the last two teams we have played.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[YOUTUBE="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y2Ezx8SnN0"][/YOUTUBE]
lcgrad2002 Wrote:So what makes Cross better than any back LC or GC has? Carter for GC is a great back, and Pack, West, and maybe one of the most underrated runners around in Hunter James, and Caleb Bentley and the list goes on and on. Lawrence has around 6 or 7 guys that could run the ball and be effective.This isn't the same team GC faced last year. Cant wait to watch this one.

You haven't seen D.Cross run this year have you? Coach Buchanan from Mason said of him, when RC went to MC, "The most talent in one athlete that has ever stepped foot on this field." I know that GC has good RB's Lyle and Carter have both had 200-yard games in the past, and I'm sure Lawrence Co. does to, but they're not as good as Darrell Cross, period, IMO.
lcgrad2002 Wrote:Plus Lawrence has already faced the belly option once twice this year against sheldon clark a little bit and shelby valley and their defense played great both times.
No we havent... we faced a form of the option but not the belly... but with that said we stay on our keys and it will be a tough time for them to run.. Yes Carter will get yards but well will see in a few DAYS!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
catwoman Wrote:Only thing that is or under rated is the Dawgs defense. Our offense is highly explosive. It's possible this team could have 4 thousand yd rushers but our defense has been out standing.GC qb needs to have his best game to keep them in the game. LC is going to score.Can GC match them score for score,,I think this game could be a LC blowout and at the same time this game could be like the RC and GC game.What if we gave Larry West the ball 25 times. He would have a 300 yard game.We have never had more weapons on offense than this team,,have we guys?

I have to agree with Region15 on this one! LC has FOUR (4) OUTSTANDING BACKS and a STRONG O-LINE! This is a VERY talented LC team. No one player is the "star". It takes the "WHOLE" team! Good luck to the Dawgs against GC!
Anyone who watched the game last Friday, knows it was obvious Carter was the best RB on the field. Nothing against Cross he is amazing, but Carter is a step above.
Batpuff Wrote:No we havent... we faced a form of the option but not the belly... but with that said we stay on our keys and it will be a tough time for them to run.. Yes Carter will get yards but well will see in a few DAYS!!
The belly is a really good offence it was our bread and butter in the 90s when we was the winningest program in the state. And it is very hard to stop if it's run the right way. But it can be stopped I seen it stoped every year when we was in the play offs. The key to stoping it is every person has to be acounted for and every one has to stay at home on defence that means playing strait up your best agiants our best. In the past when we would face highlands they was just better then we was over all. I know coach Copley knows how to run the belly and I also know that LC has a coach that knows how to stop it. I think it will come down to what team is better prepaired. This LC team is not only one of the most talented team's we have had in a while but they are one of the smartest teams we have had in a few years . I really hope the ref's are not involved in the out come of this game and let the best team win. I look for both teams to play well but I think LC comes out on top. IMO this is the play-offs and these dawgs are on a mission. GO DAWGS TongueirateSho
LClion4life Wrote:You haven't seen D.Cross run this year have you? Coach Buchanan from Mason said of him, when RC went to MC, "The most talent in one athlete that has ever stepped foot on this field." I know that GC has good RB's Lyle and Carter have both had 200-yard games in the past, and I'm sure Lawrence Co. does to, but they're not as good as Darrell Cross, period, IMO.
GC Carter outplayed Cross and out rushed him and outscored him, have you seem Carter play?:rockon:
old warrior Wrote:GC Carter outplayed Cross and out rushed him and outscored him, have you seem Carter play?:rockon:

all that matters is 29-28.

the team with D Cross won.
LClion4life Wrote:You haven't seen D.Cross run this year have you? Coach Buchanan from Mason said of him, when RC went to MC, "The most talent in one athlete that has ever stepped foot on this field." I know that GC has good RB's Lyle and Carter have both had 200-yard games in the past, and I'm sure Lawrence Co. does to, but they're not as good as Darrell Cross, period, IMO.

i still don't think you see the point i'm trying to make. he may be better than any of lc's backs. but lc's d will stop a single running back, i guarentee it. greenup and rowan will have trouble stopping lc's backs as they're rotated.
First thing the LC defense will have to do, is stop our o-line to get to our r-backs,that's right r-backs is plural [we have more than one].GOOD LUCK WITH OCCOMPLISHING THAT, LC DEFENSE!!!!!!
HANGTOUGH Wrote:First thing the LC defense will have to do, is stop our o-line to get to our r-backs,that's right r-backs is plural [we have more than one].GOOD LUCK WITH OCCOMPLISHING THAT, LC DEFENSE!!!!!!

Fuel for the Bulldog fire.

:dontthink
Wow, I never thought this thread would be this far along and it's only Sunday. :popcorn:
WildCard Wrote:Wow, I never thought this thread would be this far along and it's only Sunday. :popcorn:
"WHERE YOU BEEN" this is going to be a war, but the way LC is talking we have no chanch, we may be playing the Bulldogs, as we are the underdogs, I like our chanchs, and just maybe they underestimate us, what do you think?:Nodding: we shut them out 19-0 at their place, and surely they have a bunch of those players on this team.:notworthy
old warrior Wrote:"WHERE YOU BEEN" this is going to be a war, but the way LC is talking we have no chanch, we may be playing the Bulldogs, as we are the underdogs, I like our chanchs, and just maybe they underestimate us, what do you think?:Nodding: we shut them out 19-0 at their place, and surely they have a bunch of those players on this team.:notworthy

Both teams have changed completely since 2008 when LC was 0-11 and GC was 3-8.

The difference in 2009 is that LC is 6-0 and GC is 2-4.

GC is 1-2 w/ Carter.
GC is 1-2 w/o Carter.
Fly By Night Wrote:Both teams have changed completely since 2008 when LC was 0-11 and GC was 3-8.

GC is 1-2 w/ Carter.
GC is 1-2 w/o Carter.
Hey FBN, you still questioning GC's line? They have played pretty well this far.
The ref's will decide the game!!!!
Fly By Night Wrote:Both teams have changed completely since 2008 when LC was 0-11 and GC was 3-8.

GC is 1-2 w/ Carter.
GC is 1-2 w/o Carter.

SOS, STRENGHTH OF SCHEDULE, you have not played Ashland, Russell, Raceland, Rowan, or any Ohio teams, which are better than West Virgina teams, sure you are 6-0, but we think we have played tougher competion.
HANGTOUGH Wrote:First thing the LC defense will have to do, is stop our o-line to get to our r-backs,that's right r-backs is plural [we have more than one].GOOD LUCK WITH OCCOMPLISHING THAT, LC DEFENSE!!!!!!

Well lets see we stopped Sheldon Clark who had several great running back and also Shelby Valley who had about 4 very solid running backs.. The team had rushed for nearly 2000 yards when they came to play us.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
old warrior Wrote:SOS, STRENGHTH OF SCHEDULE, you have not played Ashland, Russell, Raceland, Rowan, or any Ohio teams, which are better than West Virgina teams, sure you are 6-0, but we think we have played tougher competion.

I will give you the Ashland game but russell is down.. coal grove isnt the team they have been the last couple of years.. and of course Rowan is good... So I think we have both played 2 quality games each.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Batpuff Wrote:I will give you the Ashland game but russell is down.. coal grove isnt the team they have been the last couple of years.. and of course Rowan is good... So I think we have both played 2 quality games each.
Even with Russell down we would still be competitive with Lawrence County.
Kosar Wrote:Hey FBN, you still questioning GC's line? They have played pretty well this far.

Harr and Carter have been very good additions to the team.
old warrior Wrote:SOS, STRENGHTH OF SCHEDULE, you have not played Ashland, Russell, Raceland, Rowan, or any Ohio teams, which are better than West Virgina teams, sure you are 6-0, but we think we have played tougher competion.

you?

:ChairHit:
GOREDDEVILS Wrote:Even with Russell down we would still be competitive with Lawrence County.

Not saying it wouldnt be... But they are by far not the Russell of the last 6 years either.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Lawrence County has defeated 3 teams with a .500 record or better.

Sheldon Clark 3A (4-2)
East Ridge 3A (3-3)
Shelby Valley 2A (5-1)

Greenup County has defeated 1 team with a .500 record or better.

Raceland 1A (4-3)
Larry West any relation to Michael West? I hated playing against him!
Batpuff Wrote:Not saying it wouldnt be... But they are by far not the Russell of the last 6 years either.
Imo they are better than last year because last year was a bad year but no where near the teams from 2006 back.
well now that i've written a book i'll make my prediction. lc 28 - gc 6
  •  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next