Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Lawrence County
79.66%
Greenup County
20.34%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lawrence County @ Greenup County 10/9
Greenup has plenty of offensive weapons also. It would be a big mistake to think that Rashard Carter is our only weapon!
DAWGS_00 Wrote:Everyone is saying this but we continue to impress. Confusedhh: You'll find out soon enough for yourself if we are truely overated.

LC-42 GC-20

PS: If the refs don't screw us over with 300 pentalty yards like they did last time.
Hey you had 60 yds. in penalties called on your old coaching staff, maybe the refs had a bad game, like the one's at Rowan County, we had 110 yds. in penalties last night, 85 yds. in the 2nd. half, that is why Rowan County was able to come back, there will be a couple good matchups in this game, Rashard Carter vs Shane Pack, also in the punting game, #6 Cam Crum, with his directional punting vs Shane Pack and his long punting, just don't kick it to Carter. And remember we do not assign the officals. Hope we can stay on the field with you all.:Thumbs:
There is so much BS and sand-bagging going on in this thread that I am going to just sit here and watch how this thread develops through the week.
CatDawg Wrote:I think GC has played some tough games but how many of your tough ones have you won?
Only one, like LC playing Sheldon Clark, I see as a quality opponent, but that game was at LC, homefield advantage.:eyeroll:
old warrior Wrote:Hey you had 60 yds. in penalties called on your old coaching staff, maybe the refs had a bad game, like the one's at Rowan County, we had 110 yds. in penalties last night, 85 yds. in the 2nd. half, that is why Rowan County was able to come back, there will be a couple good matchups in this game, Rashard Carter vs Shane Pack, also in the punting game, #6 Cam Crum, with his directional punting vs Shane Pack and his long punting, just don't kick it to Carter. And remember we do not assign the officals. Hope we can stay on the field with you all.:Thumbs:

Yea there may have been 60 on the coach staff but that was after all the bs calls made and trying to stand up for the kids. And it just happened to be the crew from Greenup that called the game the last time we were there.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[YOUTUBE="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y2Ezx8SnN0"][/YOUTUBE]
I think the polls speaks for itself and what the people think. Greenup usually plays Lawrence really tough, but I have been saying this all year this is a different LC team than usual. These seniors dont want to lose and they are very hungry they want that district title.

LC 48
Greenup 16
Shelby Valley is continuing to impress and other than LC they haven't lost a game. I think they are just as real as Russell at this point anyway.
Bulldogs will bite the Musketeers.
Greenup County coaches will have their team ready for this game as this is a big district game,Lawrence county also does a great job in preparation for each game. lc should win this one after a bad taste in the mouth from previous seasons with the musketeers. lc wins this one big.
CatDawg Wrote:Shelby Valley is continuing to impress and other than LC they haven't lost a game. I think they are just as real as Russell at this point anyway.

After the LC vs SV game I made it known that SV has a solid team. They block well and their backfield is loaded. SV is making teams look bad right now.
As is Lawrence County.
It's all just a bunch of words,it doesn't really mean squat.The game will be decided on the feild,no matter how much we downgrade each other.I am sure that LC has a good football team but so does GC.So lets take this to the feild on Friday night and may the best team win. [US] GOOD LUCK TO ALL!!!
catwomen I agree that the dawgs (d) is under rated, But, Mr. Carter will get your D respect or he will run down their thoats, My guess in a tight game Greenup wins by (2) Carter will break his own Greenup co. record come friday.:worthy::worthy:
I don't think people are giving LC's defense that much credit, they shut down a great Sheldon Clark running team and one of the best in the state with Shelby Valleys running team. They are stout against the run.
catwoman Wrote:Only thing that is or under rated is the Dawgs defense. Our offense is highly explosive. It's possible this team could have 4 thousand yd rushers but our defense has been out standing.GC qb needs to have his best game to keep them in the game. LC is going to score.Can GC match them score for score,,I think this game could be a LC blowout and at the same time this game could be like the RC and GC game.What if we gave Larry West the ball 25 times. He would have a 300 yard game.We have never had more weapons on offense than this team,,have we guys?

larry west isn't what makes the bulldog offense great. he is only one of 4 outstanding backs. he is extremely quick and athletic, but without the power of shane pack and the smart backs like bentley and james, lawrence wouldn't have this kind of season. greenup is going to have trouble keeping up with all of lc's weapons. they have those 4 running backs, and two great receivers in frasher and mills. plus a smart qb who can throw the ball. good luck keeping up with all that gc.
Blueheat Wrote:Sheldon Clark would beat all those teams with ease, only team that would give them a loss is ashland.
I disagree that Sheldon Clark would beat Russell with ease,they may win but it would not be with ease.
CatDawg Wrote:Shelby Valley is continuing to impress and other than LC they haven't lost a game. I think they are just as real as Russell at this point anyway.
I think Russell would beat Shelby Valley.
I think it is very possible GC will have a very good game and put up some rushing yards but to say that Carter is going to break his own rushing records against LC just sounds a little out there. I know his record was several yards while LC has only given up 758 total yards in six games. 126.33 yards a game. I can't see LC totally following apart against the run due to one back. Prior to the Rowan County game GC together had less than 1200 total rushing yards and Carter had 371 that is 185.5 yards a game. Now through Friday Shelby Valley has 2600 yards through six games which is 433.33 yards rushing a game. They have one back over 1000 yards already and another with 764 yards. However, when they played LC they ended with only 217 yards rushing for the game over 216 yards less than their average. Their 1000 yard back was the leading rusher with 143 yards and no other back even close to 100. You take away the LC game and they are average 476.6 yards a game. Obviously something happen when they played LC. Not saying that Carter won't run wild but I just don't see it when I look at the numbers.
Carters average was based on the only two games he had played in prior to RC.
All stats came from the schools posted stats on KHSAA.org.
Greenup County can say Lawrence has played a watered down schedule blah blah blah. Keep talking because Lawrence County will show Greenup this isn't the same team they have played against in recent past. No one will be breaking any records on LC this Friday. That's one of the stupidest things I have read on here. I will make the trip to GC for this one. District play is here and it's time for the Bulldogs to put on a show.
WildDawg Wrote:Greenup County can say Lawrence has played a watered down schedule blah blah blah. Keep talking because Lawrence County will show Greenup this isn't the same team they have played against in recent past. No one will be breaking any records on LC this Friday. That's one of the stupidest things I have read on here. I will make the trip to GC for this one. District play is here and it's time for the Bulldogs to put on a show.

So you say there is no need for the fireworks this year.:booo: RC thought the game last night was going to be easy too! They were lucky to win. :rockon:
old warrior Wrote:So you say there is no need for the fireworks this year.:booo: RC thought the game last night was going to be easy too! They were lucky to win. :rockon:

There is only one problem........ Your not playing Rowan County Friday. I'm not saying Greenup won't score. So your little firework show might be sufficient. Only thing i'm saying is Greenup County won't be breaking any records and they won't be winning. :biggrin:
It is gonna be battle, that's for sure. However, I expect that LC will pull away late. I think they're just too deep at RB for GC to handle for 4 quarters... I'm looking forward to attending this one.
FeedMyEyes Wrote:It is gonna be battle, that's for sure. However, I expect that LC will pull away late. I think they're just too deep at RB for GC to handle for 4 quarters... I'm looking forward to attending this one.
Remember Corey Lyle from last years game at LC, in the rain, he had a little over 200 yds rushing, then we have Ethan Hardin, the GC baseball pitcher running the ball, fullback Brad Hensley, and then there's Carter, so we have some good backs also, up front will decide this game in the trenches.:igiveup:
Batpuff Wrote:Well Carter makes greenup co better are they better then LC I dont think so.. Will it be a close game.. most likely because of the officials... Last time we play there we had close to 300 yards in penalties and I think 2 or 3 TDS called back.

Well you know players do commit penalties, you cant believe that all 300 yards and each td were called back because the refs saw nothing and decided to go after Lawrence do you?
WildDawg Wrote:There is only one problem........ Your not playing Rowan County Friday. I'm not saying Greenup won't score. So your little firework show might be sufficient. Only thing i'm saying is Greenup County won't be breaking any records and they won't be winning. :biggrin:

I dont think your giving Rowan enough credit. They only lost to Mason Co. by 2 points, and Mason is the #1 or #2 team in 3A(depending which poll you look at), plus they have a RB with Darrell Cross that is, IMO, better than any back that Greenup or Lawrence has.
So what makes Cross better than any back LC or GC has? Carter for GC is a great back, and Pack, West, and maybe one of the most underrated runners around in Hunter James, and Caleb Bentley and the list goes on and on. Lawrence has around 6 or 7 guys that could run the ball and be effective.This isn't the same team GC faced last year. Cant wait to watch this one.
Plus Lawrence has already faced the belly option once twice this year against sheldon clark a little bit and shelby valley and their defense played great both times.
If the refs are fair we will win.
  •  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next