Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Raceland
57.14%
Fairview
42.86%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fairview @ Raceland 10/9
thoughts/predictions
This will be a good battle lat week Fairview took care of Paris 45-22 and this week Raceland took care of Paris 21-0. I look for a scoring duel here.
Oh boy, That's about all I can say about this game! It will come down to who wants to win more. These two teams almost mirror each other. I'll pick Raceland by (2).
From the couple of games I have seen Raceland play this year and what I have seen of Fairview in the grid. I think if Fairview wins if they have to have some type of passing game Raceland does stop the run at least they have the past couple of weeks. Raceland wins if the qb has time to pass and he makes the throws.

If Fairview can make pass plays
Fairview -33
Raceland-20

Raceland if the qb has time
Fairview-20
Raceland-37

I know two scores but that is the types of games I will be looking for

I voted for Fairview in the poll because they will have two weeks to prepare for this game
I talked to some Fairview guys tonight and they said the best receiver has a bad ankle (Collins):bball:, I really hope it isn't true, he's one of their best basketball players.
It will depend on what Ram team shows up, the Eagles are tough this year, and it should be a great game, if the Ram team over estimates them, they will get beat by 2 "EAGLE" teams this year, good luck to you all:rockon:
Raceland by less than 7
More "Eagle Pride" than I have ever seen, I will take Fairview by 2TD'S. Go Eagles, "Believe in the Wood" !!!!
I think Fairview will walk with the Victory on this one. Good Luck to both teams and stay injury free.
Fairview 27
Raceland 21
Fairview by 6. Good luck to both teams.
I talked to one of the Rams linebackers #34 last night and he said the Rams were all ready to go Friday night, it should be a good game, and should decide how their district will line up this year, good luck to both teams.:Clap:
old warrior Wrote:I talked to one of the Rams linebackers #34 last night and he said the Rams were all ready to go Friday night, it should be a good game, and should decide how their district will line up this year, good luck to both teams.:Clap:

He's a heck of a player! And thank you for the support!
Ram Fan04 Wrote:He's a heck of a player! And thank you for the support!
You usually hammer me, but Cody said everybody should be healthy for this game, Kitchen had 3 tackles against RC, one behind the line of scrimmage, he is a beast.:thanks:
I like fairview in this one. There 5-1 and coming off a bye week which gave them two weeks to get ready. Goodluck to both teams. stay safe
By ROCKY STANLEY — The Independent
RACELAND — Raceland football coach Randy Vanderhoof said his team has come a million miles since June.

He stressed that the Rams will need to improve even further in order to take down Fairview on Friday night in the matchup of district rivals.

“Fairview has some explosive offensive weapons and an outstanding defense that runs to the football really well,’’ Vanderhoof said.

The Eagles, ranked sixth in Class A, and No. 12 Raceland find themselves in a familiar scenario. That is, Friday’s game likely will determine which team hosts a first-round playoff game. Second-ranked Lexington Christian looms as the district favorite.

“Obviously, it’s a big game in the district for both sides,’’ said Fairview coach Nathan McPeek. “We have not beaten Raceland in a while. We will have to play well because they have some really good players on both sides of the ball.’’

Fairview’s last win in the series came in 2004, but Vanderhoof said the Eagles have earned the favorite tag this time.

“They are one play from being undefeated, and very deserving of their state ranking,’’ said the Raceland coach. “What can you say about the job Nathan McPeek and that coaching staff have done.’’

The Eagles are 5-1 while outscoring opponents 164-62.

Both teams enter will momentum thanks to three-game winning streaks.

Fairview is coming off a bye week, a break that allowed the Eagles to recover from injuries and the flu. That includes McPeek, who coached with a

103-degree temperature in a 45-22 victory at Paris on Sept. 25.

“I slept the whole way there, and had trouble even standing up,’’ McPeek said. “We had seven kids out, including three starters. After being off last week, we have pretty much all the kids back. It’s probably the healthiest our guys have been.’’

Senior quarterback Tyler Gilbert is more mobile after missing all or parts of three games with a high ankle sprain.

Fairview running backs Drew Boyd and T.J. Shelton have combined for more than 1,100 yards rushing so far. McPeek was encouraged by his team’s blocking the last time out against Paris.

“We finally looked like an offense,’’ he said.

Sophomore halfback Chris Littlejohn and receivers Caleb Collins and Jared Hutchinson add to the Eagles’ list of weapons.

“Their skill people are as good as you are going to see in Class A football,’’ Vanderhoof said.

Defensively, end Zac Segina is having a big season from his end position. Overall, Fairview has allowed only 10.3 points per game.

“We have been in every game because of defense,’’ McPeek said.

The Eagles will be tested by a Raceland offense that averaged 33 points the past three weeks. The Rams blanked Paris 21-0 last week, but lost three fumbles and an interception.

Quarterback Tyler Farley has completed 78 of 134 passes for 629 yards and eight touchdowns to lead Raceland (4-3).

“We have faced a lot of adversity this season,’’ said Vanderhoof, whose Rams lost close games to Fleming County and Greenup County in early September and continue to battle nagging injuries. “We played a tough non-district schedule to help prepare us. Hopefully that will pay off Friday against an outstanding Fairview team.’’

http://www.dailyindependent.com/localspo...34041.html
Rams by 14. Raceland is healthy, first time this year. It will be one great ball game. Big rivals, big plays, bragging rights for a year. It's all on the line
The field looks great! Some Raceland fan out there acts like they know what they're doing. I guess all those years of painting the field paid off! :biggrin::rockon::Thumbs:

[Image: http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa291...mfield.jpg]
Ram Fan04 Wrote:The field looks great! Some Raceland fan out there acts like they know what they're doing. I guess all those years of painting the field paid off! :biggrin::rockon::Thumbs:

The field looks really nice. Too bad it didn't look like that when I was there. The grass lasted only about one game when I was there.
I think that Fairview will once again walk out of Ram Stadium on the sad side of the scoreboard.
Best paint job the field has ever had. Its covered up now with tarps to keep the rain off. I think your right RamFan04... after painting the field for the past 9 years or so, someone has gotten pretty good at it. If im correct, he free handed the outline by looking at the design on a hat, then filled it in from there... Big hype for big games... Lets get 'em!!!!!:Clap:
exFootballer Wrote:Best paint job the field has ever had. Its covered up now with tarps to keep the rain off. I think your right RamFan04... after painting the field for the past 9 years or so, someone has gotten pretty good at it. If im correct, he free handed the outline by looking at the design on a hat, then filled it in from there... Big hype for big games... Lets get 'em!!!!!:Clap:

Looks the best I have ever seen it:Thumbs:! If only we could teach him that funning is actually not a word:yesno::lmao:
There was just a couple of old guys funning around and talking and decided to do a different look for the fairview game! I am glad they thought of that just funning around at the field!:Hammer3::ape:
:thatsfunn:thatsfunn:thatsfunn
Ram Fan04 Wrote:The field looks great! Some Raceland fan out there acts like they know what they're doing. I guess all those years of painting the field paid off! :biggrin::rockon::Thumbs:

Ram Fan04, Iread your last post on the LC vs GC thread, seems we've finally converted you over fron the dark side, but seriously, I talked to Barr and Caudill tonight down at GC's homecoming activities, they seem ready to take care of business tomorrow night, am taking Barr deer hunting in a couple weeks, where he is sure to score.:biggrin:
Raceland 20
Fairview 19
old warrior Wrote:Ram Fan04, Iread your last post on the LC vs GC thread, seems we've finally converted you over fron the dark side, but seriously, I talked to Barr and Caudill tonight down at GC's homecoming activities, they seem ready to take care of business tomorrow night, am taking Barr deer hunting in a couple weeks, where he is sure to score.:biggrin:

Haha no dark side for me yet. Our stuff is just on pause until next season haha. But seriously, it's district time and any team from this area who can make it the playoffs i'll be rooting for them!
Week 8 prediction-Mark Maynard Daily independent

Raceland 20, Fairview 14, OT: It’s going to take more than four quarters to decide this battle of Class A rivals.

If this one lives up to Maynards prediction it will be a dandy.