Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Rockcastle Co.
58.33%
Knox Central
41.67%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rockcastle County @ Knox Central 10/9
KC needs to come out ready to play in this one. The defense needs to step up and starting breaking down and making tackles. I'll say KC in a close one 21-14.
Sounds like this is going to be an important game for both teams. I think Knox will play with Rock in this one since its at Knox, but Rock will have them out matched. Ill take Rock in a close one.
I talk to some of the boys today they are really fired up about this game. cant wait till friday. should be a good one.:Thumbs:
It will be a good game. I would expect playoff type atmosphere.
I think these two match up really well.
Knox has had Rocks number for the past couple of years. Knox wins in a close one 21-20
redstorm Wrote:Knox has had Rocks number for the past couple of years. Knox wins in a close one 21-20

Knox has never beat Rock two games in roll
Here is the match ups since 1999. thats all i could find on KHSAA.org. Maybe Three wishes Could help me out.

1999 Rock 55 KC 0
2000 Rock 47 KC 0
2001 Rock 65 KC 0
2002 Rock 49 KC 0
2003 Rock 55 KC 6
2004 Rock 44 KC 0
2005 Rock 35 KC 14
2006 Rock 22 KC 7
2007 Rock 0 KC 15
2007 Rock 14 KC 0 Play off game
2008 Rock 19 KC 21

Rock leads the series from 1999 9-2

Total Scoring since 1999
Rock 405 KC 63

Shut Outs
Rock 6 KC 1
KC beat Rock in the 07 and 08 regular seasons. Rock beat KC in the 07 playoff's. I think Knox will finally get it together and pull out the much needed W. IMO the preasure is really on both of these teams to avoid the 1st road playoff road trip.
William Muney Wrote:KC beat Rock in the 07 and 08 regular seasons. Rock beat KC in the 07 playoff's. I think Knox will finally get it together and pull out the much needed W. IMO the preasure is really on both of these teams to avoid the 1st road playoff road trip.

I still see this as a toss up. Homefield might be what decides this game????
Rock 20 knox 14
easyM Wrote:I still see this as a toss up. Homefield might be what decides this game????

It could be
the dark wizard Wrote:if rock beats kc by 50 go haead and give them the state championship. :lmao:

I wouldn't mind :biggrin: :1:
lwc Wrote:I wouldn't mind :biggrin: :1:

meaning they wont win by 50. win maybe. by 50 no.
the dark wizard Wrote:meaning they wont win by 50. win maybe. by 50 no.

He was just trying to be funny. lol
will be a great 1
The key for us on this one will be bouncing back mentally from last week. We have no injuries and we have had a great week of practice. This home game is huge for us since we only got to have 3 this year. Still, the stands will likely be light. To beat and always tough Rock we have to show up big - and we will.
ROCKSOLID69 Wrote:Here is the match ups since 1999. thats all i could find on KHSAA.org. Maybe Three wishes Could help me out.

1999 Rock 55 KC 0
2000 Rock 47 KC 0
2001 Rock 65 KC 0
2002 Rock 49 KC 0
2003 Rock 55 KC 6
2004 Rock 44 KC 0
2005 Rock 35 KC 14
2006 Rock 22 KC 7
2007 Rock 0 KC 15
2007 Rock 14 KC 0 Play off game
2008 Rock 19 KC 21

Rock leads the series from 1999 9-2

Total Scoring since 1999
Rock 405 KC 63

Shut Outs
Rock 6 KC 1
That sounds like GC, how they have been dominated in the playoffs by Rock, but you still have to show up and play the game, good luck to both teams, but I think Rock plays big, in big games.:rockon:
Rockcastle County and Knox Central played each other going back to the 1977 season when Rockcastle had a really impressive 8-2 record. Rock and Knox was the last game of the year and it was at home. That game would go on to become at one time the highest scoring high school football game in the nation when Rockcastle lost a heartbreaker 52-54 in double OT, since then Rockcastle has totally dominated the overall series, I honestly believe the overall record is 22-10 going to Rockcastle, and if this is correct then Rock and Knox will play each other for the 33rd time since 1977. When Coach Larkey was there, His Rocket squad did not lose one match against them until the year after my senior year which was 2007. His overall record with KC at Rockcastle was 18-1 overall.....This game has certainly been a huge importance in the past few years especially the last 2 seasons. Rockcastle has to be ready for this by no doubt. This game would have to be considered among this year the Rock's most important game to win as far as seeding in November in my strong opinion. This game can possibly push a home playoff spot for the winner in the first round. I wish good luck to both teams this upcoming friday night.
The Rock has a great program and a great fan base. I used to work in Berea at NACCO Mat. Handling from 88-2000. The Rock was alway the talk at the factory. I have a lot of good friends that I have not seen in years from the Rock fan base. I can remember when I went to KC. We beat Rock my first three years 79,80,81. Then my senior year they beat us in the last seconds of the BG. Since then their program has went up. That might have been Larkey's firts year.
I believe that this game will be close. If KC can score when they get in th ered zone, I believe that they can win. Good luck to both teams and I hope everone will come out of this war healthy. KC 28 Rock 14
Knox by a FG. Good luck to both teams.
This shoul be one of the hardest hitting games of the year.Both teams NEED a win. Whoever has the least turnovers will win. Knox 28 Rock 14
PREACHER MAN Wrote:The Rock has a great program and a great fan base. I used to work in Berea at NACCO Mat. Handling from 88-2000. The Rock was alway the talk at the factory. I have a lot of good friends that I have not seen in years from the Rock fan base. I can remember when I went to KC. We beat Rock my first three years 79,80,81. Then my senior year they beat us in the last seconds of the BG. Since then their program has went up. That might have been Larkey's firts year.
I believe that this game will be close. If KC can score when they get in th ered zone, I believe that they can win. Good luck to both teams and I hope everone will come out of this war healthy. KC 28 Rock 14
1979 was Tony Saylor's senior season, Knox Central was the team Rock had the last game against on his senior night and him wearing the #61 jersey stopped a KC back from scoring a 2-pt. conversion to defeat KC 13-12 in the 1979 RCHS Football Annual Senior Night!!!!!!
rocket01 Wrote:1979 was Tony Saylor's senior season, Knox Central was the team Rock had the last game against on his senior night and him wearing the #61 jersey stopped a KC back from scoring a 2-pt. conversion to defeat KC 13-12 in the 1979 RCHS Football Annual Senior Night!!!!!!

Big defensive play by a man that, arguably, knows more defense than anyone to never be a head coach.......by choice :biggrin:
Football Fool Wrote:This shoul be one of the hardest hitting games of the year.Both teams NEED a win Whoever has the least turnovers will win. Knox 28 Rock 14

Agreed with the bold, disagree with the underlined :biggrin:
rocket01 Wrote:1979 was Tony Saylor's senior season, Knox Central was the team Rock had the last game against on his senior night and him wearing the #61 jersey stopped a KC back from scoring a 2-pt. conversion to defeat KC 13-12 in the 1979 RCHS Football Annual Senior Night!!!!!!

I remember that now. We had a long season that year. Only two victories. Of course I was just a little 140lb Frosh. that was on the side line.
lwc Wrote:Agreed with the bold, disagree with the underlined :biggrin:

What is your score?
i believe that the winner of this game will be who ever scores the most points because it really is a tough match up either way its at Knox central so if they bring their a game knox Central could pull out a close one but if they have some penalties and turnovers and some banged up players rock will win going away
BigBlueBobcatFan Wrote:i believe that the winner of this game will be who ever scores the most points because it really is a tough match up either way its at Knox central so if they bring their a game knox Central could pull out a close one but if they have some penalties and turnovers and some banged up players rock will win going away

Is this Sockeye? The winner will be the one that scores the most points? That sounds like a good bet to me.
I bet Clark Rowe score's 3 or more td's in this game. If Knox can stop him they could win. But if they dont look out.