Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Past BGR members who have passed away
Like many others on here, I took quite a break from the site and spent more time watching the kids grow up rather than worrying about the small things. 
There’s hundreds of members from that 2005-2012 and so time frame that I remember fondly and haven’t seen or heard from in years. 
I remember a couple of good friends on here who passed back then, and it got me to thinking about it.

Without giving out any personal details, unless they did so themselves, what are some members over the years that passed away so we can get a memory thread started. 
We were a pretty tight knit group back then and a lot of members met and knew each other off the site. Feel free to post any username of someone who has passed and the year.
Harry Rex Vonner is one who pops into my mind.

I loved him, and know some details about his life. I don't want to share because I'm not sure he would want that.

I have the utmost respect for him.
I'm not aware of any that have passed away, but I remember joining BGR nearly 19 years ago now, still in high school and remember how great it was. @RunItUpTheGut like you said, time goes by so quickly and you get caught up in other aspects of life, and I hadn't been on here in years. I would get on periodically, but not consistently. Then about a month ago I think I seen the BGR twitter account pop up when I was scrolling one night, and thought wow it has been a long time since I'd been on (nearly 5 years to be exact), but it's great to be back on here.

I knew a few of the folks on here, got to meet several in person and developed good relationships with them through here & social media. Obviously seen a ton of new people on here compared to when I first started, and that's a great thing to see so many new people to help keep this great site up and running. I wish there was more we could do to expand this site, bring more attention to it and keep the conversations going, just like it was for me in high school, it's great to get on here and read what people have to say and debate about, and throw in my 2 cents every once in awhile.

I know this isn't very relatable to the topic of the thread, but I seen it and just wanted to express how grateful I am for this site and always have been. I don't plan on staying away for 5 or more years from now on, I'm back on a more consistent basis.
(Yesterday, 09:43 AM)-STAT- Wrote: I'm not aware of any that have passed away, but I remember joining BGR nearly 19 years ago now, still in high school and remember how great it was. @RunItUpTheGut like you said, time goes by so quickly and you get caught up in other aspects of life, and I hadn't been on here in years. I would get on periodically, but not consistently. Then about a month ago I think I seen the BGR twitter account pop up when I was scrolling one night, and thought wow it has been a long time since I'd been on (nearly 5 years to be exact), but it's great to be back on here.

I knew a few of the folks on here, got to meet several in person and developed good relationships with them through here & social media. Obviously seen a ton of new people on here compared to when I first started, and that's a great thing to see so many new people to help keep this great site up and running. I wish there was more we could do to expand this site, bring more attention to it and keep the conversations going, just like it was for me in high school, it's great to get on here and read what people have to say and debate about, and throw in my 2 cents every once in awhile.

I know this isn't very relatable to the topic of the thread, but I seen it and just wanted to express how grateful I am for this site and always have been. I don't plan on staying away for 5 or more years from now on, I'm back on a more consistent basis.

Happy to hear Stat. We are hoping we can get some things going in the near future to drive exposure in hopes of getting a more consistent influx of traffic and members discussing varies topics that BGR provides. But right now we are in a waiting game.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
I wonder if someday a couple decades from now someone on BGR will reminisce about the days some crazy guy named Old School roamed the halls of BGR. I hope they don't think of me because of something they saw on a breaking news story they saw on CNN. Meds are getting low and I'm hanging out in the chill at Campbell Field. Corbin still with no coach(officially). Too much stress for an old man who's one keg short of a frat party already.