Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best Team in 4A
Defending state champs, they play one of the toughest schedules in 4a kind of hard to argue with success. i haven't seen Boyle play but all the press i see is Reese. is it Reese county? it takes a team. and any given Friday a Reese can be shut down. not dissing the kid he,s got game no doubt and he must have that all important line. ask Reese he will tell you the same its mainly the o line. if he disagrees Reese county is gone in the second round. To sum it up you want to be ranked above Bell county prove you deserve it beat em----if you can.
bchater Wrote:Defending state champs, they play one of the toughest schedules in 4a kind of hard to argue with success. i haven't seen Boyle play but all the press i see is Reese. is it Reese county? it takes a team. and any given Friday a Reese can be shut down. not dissing the kid he,s got game no doubt and he must have that all important line. ask Reese he will tell you the same its mainly the o line. if he disagrees Reese county is gone in the second round. To sum it up you want to be ranked above Bell county prove you deserve it beat em----if you can.

Sounds to me like your a lil jealous because ur team isnt #1.
I think the words "rambling" and "incoherent" fit this thread pretty well.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I think both boyle and bell are really good. but idk if i would put bell a head boyle just yet.
I think Boyle had the best team last year,we had 6 turnovers and still had a chance to win the game on the last drive.we supposedly fumbled at the goal line to end the first half.I was standing at the goal line and mcsheras knees were clearly on the ground when the ball came out,we had a touchdown called back in the second half on a holding call on the other side of the field.if anything it was defensive holding on Bell co.if memory serves me right Boyle had twice as many yards as Bell.Bells high powerd offense only scored one touchdown.you guys got all the calls and all the breaks from the officials last year.If they play this year you guys will have to come to Boyle.there for you wont have home field advantage,and hopefully we will get a fair called game from the officials unlike last year.So if you want my opinion i think we had the best team last year,and probably the best team this year.opinions are like bottoms everybody has one,and now you have mine.
Jack Lambert Wrote:I think Boyle had the best team last year,we had 6 turnovers and still had a chance to win the game on the last drive.we supposedly fumbled at the goal line to end the first half.I was standing at the goal line and mcsheras knees were clearly on the ground when the ball came out,we had a touchdown called back in the second half on a holding call on the other side of the field.if anything it was defensive holding on Bell co.if memory serves me right Boyle had twice as many yards as Bell.Bells high powerd offense only scored one touchdown.you guys got all the calls and all the breaks from the officials last year.If they play this year you guys will have to come to Boyle.there for you wont have home field advantage,and hopefully we will get a fair called game from the officials unlike last year.So if you want my opinion i think we had the best team last year,and probably the best team this year.opinions are like bottoms everybody has one,and now you have mine.

Better worry about LC first. As well as we have a lot of work ahead of us.
Blueheat Wrote:Sounds to me like your a lil jealous because ur team isnt #1.
sorry i have no vested interest in either one. But if i had my preference id rather play Boyle. And lol if **** freezes over my team still wouldn't be number one.
Jack Lambert Wrote:I think Boyle had the best team last year,we had 6 turnovers and still had a chance to win the game on the last drive.we supposedly fumbled at the goal line to end the first half.I was standing at the goal line and mcsheras knees were clearly on the ground when the ball came out,we had a touchdown called back in the second half on a holding call on the other side of the field.if anything it was defensive holding on Bell co.if memory serves me right Boyle had twice as many yards as Bell.Bells high powerd offense only scored one touchdown.you guys got all the calls and all the breaks from the officials last year.If they play this year you guys will have to come to Boyle.there for you wont have home field advantage,and hopefully we will get a fair called game from the officials unlike last year.So if you want my opinion i think we had the best team last year,and probably the best team this year.opinions are like bottoms everybody has one,and now you have mine.
if thats the way it went down that blows. i dislike boyle county primarily there coaching--not there kids. case in point Freshman game great game we won at the 18 inch line. there coaches refused to shake hands and would not let the players shake hands either. Karma?
Bell Co manhandled Rock and could had won 60-6 if we wanted too. We put JV offense in with 4 min left in the 3rd quarter. Heard Boyle Co struggled with them at home. Also heard Boyle co got a block punt on Rock and scored a late TD on that turnover. The score was 42-22 Boyle Co. Just my opinion tho. Looks to me Bell Co has a better defense than Boyle Co too.

Just remember refs are pulled in from other areas of the state for playoffs. Also could you come up with anymore excuses to why you guys lost to us last year. I can name off alot of penalties that was called on us too but I want. We also had a TD called back.
IMO who cares right now? The poll in DEC is all matters.
Until Boyle is beaten they are the number one team in 4A
Bell better not over look Lawrence County. They look good this year. I don't think this Lawrence Co team as good as there teams from the 90's.

Bell should beat them, but they just have to put them away early in the game. If they let them stay in the game. They can steal the win from them.
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:Just remember refs are pulled in from other areas of the state for playoffs. Also could you come up with anymore excuses to why you guys lost to us last year. I can name off alot of penalties that was called on us too but I want. We also had a TD called back.

NO excuses,if you watched the same game that i did you know im right,again i think Boyle had the better team.then and now.
bchater Wrote:if thats the way it went down that blows. i dislike boyle county primarily there coaching--not there kids. case in point Freshman game great game we won at the 18 inch line. there coaches refused to shake hands and would not let the players shake hands either. Karma?

What freshmen game are you talking about? I sincerely doubt any coaches refrained their players from shaking hands with the other team. Back to the topic though...Bell definitely should be ranked at the top as well. These polls will play out as the season continues and if they are both truly 1 & 2 then they will meet up. Both teams know there is a bunch of quality teams lining up to try and knock them off on the way. 4a is still pretty wide open at this point.
bchater Wrote:if thats the way it went down that blows. i dislike boyle county primarily there coaching--not there kids. case in point Freshman game great game we won at the 18 inch line. there coaches refused to shake hands and would not let the players shake hands either. Karma?

When was this?I dont remember Boyle losing a freshman game in a while.by the way who was Boyle playing?
Snare43 Wrote:Better worry about LC first. As well as we have a lot of work ahead of us.

Ive seen Lex.Catholic play twice this year,and im not as worried as i was last year befor we played them.
BoyleRebel Wrote:What freshmen game are you talking about? I sincerely doubt any coaches refrained their players from shaking hands with the other team. Back to the topic though...Bell definitely should be ranked at the top as well. These polls will play out as the season continues and if they are both truly 1 & 2 then they will meet up. Both teams know there is a bunch of quality teams lining up to try and knock them off on the way. 4a is still pretty wide open at this point.

Great post,i agree completely.
To all the Bell co.fans.I meant no disrespect to Bell at all,they have a great program.I just gave my opinion on last years game.if we make it to the semi-finals i fully expect to see Bell co.in Danville come november.and they are the team that truley worries me.not Lex.Catholic.
aww bull.. Bell beat Boyle straight up they hadnt played a team like bell and it showed...Have the ring to prove it...
bchater Wrote:Defending state champs, they play one of the toughest schedules in 4a kind of hard to argue with success. i haven't seen Boyle play but all the press i see is Reese. is it Reese county? it takes a team. and any given Friday a Reese can be shut down. not dissing the kid he,s got game no doubt and he must have that all important line. ask Reese he will tell you the same its mainly the o line. if he disagrees Reese county is gone in the second round. To sum it up you want to be ranked above Bell county prove you deserve it beat em----if you can.
Boyle County and Lone Oak are the best teams in 4A IMO. I am not saying that BC is not a good team, just stating an opinion as the other posters are. Who cares about last season, this is 2009 and in 2009, Boyle and Lone Oak are better IMO.
Twitter: @tc_analytics

Brahma I don't know what you have been drinking but Lone Oak is not better than Bell
Not taking anything away from Bell County, but I believe honestly that Boyle County has got the eye scope of 4A in my opinion. Statistics tell a story of a team when it comes to Points Scored, Points Allowed,and who you play. I dont know anything between the two parties of those 3 aspects with (Bell and Boyle), but it builds down to those 3 aspects when it comes to rankings. No doubt Bell is a really good football team, If you can score alot over 30 plus points on Coach Saylor's mastermind defense then you are accomplishing something. But overall my pick would be Boyle County as the top team in 4A.
Boyle maybe better than Bell, I would say they are getting closer with Bell closing the gap. Hopefully we will get to see.

To say Lone Oak is better than Bell is pretty silly. They barely beat Lex Cath @ LO a few weeks ago. LexCath is not on the same level as either Bell or Boyle, everyone will see that in a few weeks when Boyle plays Lex Cath.

Remember Whitley had Lex Cath beat had it not been for a few breaks and numbers. And we all know what Bell did to Whitley.
You can't say that Boyle is better than Bell until they beat us........
cj2561 Wrote:Bell better not over look Lawrence County. They look good this year. I don't think this Lawrence Co team as good as there teams from the 90's.

Bell should beat them, but they just have to put them away early in the game. If they let them stay in the game. They can steal the win from them.

LC is good this year but I don't see Bell having to worry about them that much. I think when LC starts playing a little bit harder competition the winning streak will cease. I could be wrong, if so that has got to be the biggest turn around for a school to go 0-11 to winning it all. If this is the case then best of luck LC you truely deserve it.
In reference to the Boyle and Bell thread, and their mutual opponent Rockcastle.

Rock played a lot better game against Boyle and played one of their worst games against Bell. I am not saying that Boyle was bad and Bell was good but I believe that you can't compare scores because of the poor execution of Rock's offense.

Not only did Bell play great defense, but Rock's offense never could get started. So to sum it up, Rock's terrible show against Bell County was 70% great defense and 30% poor execution.

After the Boyle and Bell County games, I still say that Rees McShara is the best player I have seen thus far this season. I think some small colleges would have trouble stopping him this year. He has grown LEAPS and BOUNDS from last season. Bell fans, just for a warning, don't expect the same man as last year, it will burn you if you do.

Boyle county, don't expect the same Bell County team, they are better as well and next year they will be UNSTOPPABLE! I honestly believe that NEXT YEAR'S Bell team will go undefeated and probably not even get scored on! They will be that good! :eek:

That's a lot of excuses for getting your rearend beat. Talk about rambling on! Bell won. Bell should have won. End of story. You have your chance this year. Hopefully the refs won't screw you again. Geez!
easyM Wrote:That's a lot of excuses for getting your rearend beat. Talk about rambling on! Bell won. Bell should have won. End of story. You have your chance this year. Hopefully the refs won't screw you again. Geez!
no its at boyle this year but if the almighty rebels get beat you better believe next year they will be rambling on about how they got cheated...
TheBrahmaBull Wrote:Boyle County and Lone Oak are the best teams in 4A IMO. I am not saying that BC is not a good team, just stating an opinion as the other posters are. Who cares about last season, this is 2009 and in 2009, Boyle and Lone Oak are better IMO.

I don't agree with you on this but you have a right to your own opinion. Hope Bell proves most of you wrong AGAIN.
Have you seen Lone Oak play?