Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bardo out for the season "RUMOR"
It appears Will Bardo is sidelined for the year after last nights arm hyperextension. He is due to have Tommy John surgery....Horrible news for Bluebird fans and a tragic loss. What a great player.
Wow, what a shocker. I assume that they already have MRI data this quick?
Such a shame especially with the start that they've had up to this point. Hope he makes a full recovery.
Last night was the last time we will see Highlands' at it's absolute best. This tragedy will only add to the legend of the Highlands Bluebirds of 2009.....Sad indeed.
hate to see any kid get hurt but especially a important part of a championship caliber team look forward to seeing the bluebirds in the regional final
whackem'n'stackem Wrote:It appears Will Bardo is sidelined for the year after last nights arm hyperextension. He is due to have Tommy John surgery....Horrible news for Bluebird fans and a tragic loss. What a great player.

I hope you confirmed this before posting. This would be terrible news due to QB position is weak in backup spot this year. Highlands will for sure depend more on Collingsworth and the run because the backup QB's have looked terrible at passing. The freshmen QB has looked better than the varsity backups. I really feel for this kid, he was having a great year.
They do have some pretty go resourses at Highlands.
Best of luck and a speedy recovery to Bardo.
He's a big lose in a big win
sstack Wrote:I hope you confirmed this before posting. This would be terrible news due to QB position is weak in backup spot this year. Highlands will for sure depend more on Collingsworth and the run because the backup QB's have looked terrible at passing. The freshmen QB has looked better than the varsity backups. I really feel for this kid, he was having a great year.

I agree with you here. It just seems way too soon to hear that Bardo is not only out, but surgery has already been determined. Less than 24 hours an MRI????????
Highlands will still breeze through the Competition for another state title.

Hope for a speedy recovery for Will Bardo.
Hate to nit-pick here but a "tragic loss" is when somebody dies IMO, and "tragedy" shouldn't be used to describe a football injury...

Off my high horse now...hope for a speedy recovery for the player.
I don't feel comfortable with this thread and would like to have the validity of the injury corroborated.

If we get confirming information, we will re-open this thread for comment.
A very reliable and respected source has been able to validate that the story as posted is indeed, and unfortunately correct.

My thoughts and prayers to Will for a full recovery. This is a very solid young man. Please keep him in your prayers. He will still be a force on the sidelines for the Birds for the remainder of the year.

My apologies for any disruption for temporarily closing the thread.
Tough break for the Birds. Towles looked really good last year at the freshman level but seems to have struggled some in varsity games that he's appeared in.

Anyone think Dale may implement some Wildcat formations with Collinsworth taking the snaps?
GOREDDEVILS Wrote:Highlands will still breeze through the Competition for another state title.

Hope for a speedy recovery for Will Bardo.

I don't think that's necessarily the case, but I think Dale will come up with something that maximizes the athleticism they do have at hand. I feel bad for Will, but it's happened before to other teams, including the Birds. Part of the game, unfortunately.
very sad goodluck and hope for a speedy recovery
kywldcat01 Wrote:Tough break for the Birds. Towles looked really good last year at the freshman level but seems to have struggled some in varsity games that he's appeared in.

Anyone think Dale may implement some Wildcat formations with Collinsworth taking the snaps?

I thought Ty Seidl saw action at QB last year. I wonder where he stands in this mix.
Interesting idea with the Wildcat and Collinsworth. Dale has a pretty good football mind:eyeroll:, so I'm sure whatever he comes up with will be entertaining.
Im in a state of shock to say the least but I am very confident that the Birds will continue to play well enough to win State this year and 3 peat. The defense will need to carry them the remainder of the season and keep them in games.

I feel that Patrick Towles was going to be the QB at Highlands next year and quite possibly his SR year as well. He has the tools and the size but just needs more experience. The only way to get that is to throw him into the fire and let him learn the rest of the year. Now he has no choice. I like Ty Seidle and his grit as a football player but he is not a good option at QB. Unfortunately his size doesnt allow him to be as affective as Towles. Seidle is a better one way defensive player and will help the Birds more on that side of the ball. Towles is a smart kid with very nice leadership qualities and will need to step up and take over this team. That is all there is to it, if Dale calls his number which I am sure he will.

Lets be honest, he will have HUGE shoes to fill because you just cant replace Bardo and his speed but Towles has a nice arm and does have the ability to escape a pass rush and pick up positive yardage. He is not a threat to take it to the house but if the line can give him time he will get better at reading coverages and hitting the open man. I think the line is good enough to keep defenders off of him and give him time to learn.

If the Birds do not let him develop this experience and resort to running the ball 90% of the time you will see teams pin their ears back and put 8 and 9 in the box and blitz him to death.

My personal thoughts are that Towles takes over and leads the Birds to a State Title much like Trent Dilfer did with BAltimore and the Ravens. He will learn a ton and make some mistakes but will not make enough of them that will cost the team the title. Next year the Birds need him to step up anyway so now is his time to shine.

With that said, he will have a very very strong competitor challenging him for the QB position next year in current freshman Donovan McCoy.

A sad ending to an excellent QB's season in BArdo. I wish him the best and hope that he fully recovers and gets the opportunity to play football on SAturdays next season because he showed a ton of people he is Div 1 material, especially a National audience.
whackem'n'stackem Wrote:It appears Will Bardo is sidelined for the year after last nights arm hyperextension. He is due to have Tommy John surgery....Horrible news for Bluebird fans and a tragic loss. What a great player.

DON'T BELIEVE EVERYTHING YOU READ ON THE NET:dontthink
Terrible news for the Bluebirds!
Can you dig it? Wrote:I thought Ty Seidl saw action at QB last year. I wonder where he stands in this mix.
Interesting idea with the Wildcat and Collinsworth. Dale has a pretty good football mind:eyeroll:, so I'm sure whatever he comes up with will be entertaining.

I have to agree with Qryche on the assessment of Siedel. He is a solid one way defensive player but Towles is the better option at QB. He will make some mistakes but with Highlands toughest part of their schedule now behind them, he will be able to progress and improve the rest of the season. I like him under center as well for the fact that he has a better arm.

I still think Dale lines AC up behind center though and runs some Wildcat formations. I think the Birds would be very dangerous out of that formation since Austin also has the ability to pass the ball.

Either way, this is a just a minor speed bump in the road to the Birds 3 peat. They still win state this year IMO.

According to his father, whom I spoke with at 11 last night, the rumor that there will definitely be surgery is unfounded.
charlie22 Wrote:According to his father, whom I spoke with at 11 last night, the rumor that there will definitely be surgery is unfounded.

So what's the word then? Is Will for sure out for the season?
Just awful news out of Highlands..Don't see anyone stopping them in 5A though still..
charlie22 Wrote:According to his father, whom I spoke with at 11 last night, the rumor that there will definitely be surgery is unfounded.

Well, if it was recommended then I can understand the dilemma but if it is actually done then he will be out for a long time and rehab will also be very lengthy. We all wish for the best here and hope it is not as bad as we are hearing.

It's apparently bad enough that he will not be able to throw. Is there any consideration to move him into the backfield?
Stardust Wrote:It's apparently bad enough that he will not be able to throw. Is there any consideration to move him into the backfield?

Interesting point and one that should be considered if possible. By the way, here is the photo of the flagrant facemask where Bardo was injured. You make the call. :redboxer:

[attachment=o1727]
I watched the play over and over. There was no malicious intent on St. X.'s part. Bardo tried to break his fall and got his arm caught under #22. It is a nasty scene when replayed in slow mo. Hope for a speedy recovery.....
whackem'n'stackem Wrote:I watched the play over and over. There was no malicious intent on St. X.'s part. Bardo tried to break his fall and got his arm caught under #22. It is a nasty scene when replayed in slow mo. Hope for a speedy recovery.....

I agree 100%.Alot of birds fans are making more out of this than they should.It was nothing more than a kid trying to stop a touchdown.Nothing malicious.If you cant handle it play/watch tennis.:rockon:
birds3pete09 Wrote:I agree 100%.Alot of birds fans are making more out of this than they should.It was nothing more than a kid trying to stop a touchdown.Nothing malicious.If you cant handle it play/watch tennis.:rockon:

It can be seen two different ways and we will never really know to be quite honest. I dont think he maliciously wanted to hurt Bardo but he could have been frustrated like many of the X players. Horse collared and grabbing the facemask are not covered in tackling drills during the preseason. I personally thought it was bush but that is my take. I am not saying he should have love tapped him out of bounds so I do agree with your comment regarding the physicality of the sport.
Stardust Wrote:I agree with you here. It just seems way too soon to hear that Bardo is not only out, but surgery has already been determined. Less than 24 hours an MRI????????

its an amazing achievment if they have already had an MRI and scheduled a surgery.....i beleive this is word of mouth...maybe the trainer believes he will need tommy john surgery and that he will be out for the season....but i seriously doubt they have already had an MRI and scheduled tommy john surgery