Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Russell 14 West Carter 12
final
Congrats West Carter you all have a good team and should do well this season.
Very nice win for Russell.
Russell has to finish drives. 350 yards of total offense and your leading rusher goes for over 200 and you only manage two first quarter TDs. Not good.
closer than i thought it would be
Wow!! Thought Russell would take it to them, congrats Russell,
West must have a pretty good team.
i told you guy this would be a close one...this one of the best teams to come out of Olive Hill in years and russell is down this year...a win's win, but congrats to the Comets as well
Little surprised by the margin, but nice win for Russell
Wow
Congrats Red Devils. West Carter had many opertunities to win this one. There running game was working why pass on that last possesion????
And if Russell was going to pass this much on a rainy night why not use Sparks the one leading in passing?????
congrats russell
pitchfork Wrote:Congrats Red Devils. West Carter had many opertunities to win this one. There running game was working why pass on that last possesion????
And if Russell was going to pass this much on a rainy night why not use Sparks the one leading in passing?????

Exactly what I was thinking. Did Sparks play at all? I would like to know what coach is calling these plays?
McGlone has called the plays for the last 30 years...Coach Jones suggests plays throughout the game, but the man, the myth, the legend calls em...he's old school..calls from the gut..sometimes they work..well with 300 total wins i'd say a most of the time they work, but calls from the gut also get you in a trouble a lot as well...that's just how Coach McGlone works
Congratulations on a good win.
They ran 49 times and passed only 6. West Carter did a much better job against the run in the second half. Its not like Russell just scrapped everything and started throwing the ball all over the field. Really guys, its more about execution than play calling.
The game seemed to be played flat by both teams. Both teams just kind of played as if there were going through the motions.

Good win for the devils though. Congrads Russell! :Thumbs:
This outcome suggests to me that Russell is not really a serious contender for the state finals this year.
Congrats Russell
PaytoPlay Wrote:This outcome suggests to me that Russell is not really a serious contender for the state finals this year.
I don't think anyone who follows Russell football thought Russell would be a state title game contender before the season. Matter of fact I don't think anyone in the East will win the title.
PaytoPlay Wrote:This outcome suggests to me that Russell is not really a serious contender for the state finals this year.

Going into the year there were many people talking about Russell not even winning 2,3, or maybe 4 games. As they play Fleming County this Friday, they will be going in with a record of 4-2.

4-2 seems to be a decent record compared to what many thought that it would be. We have ackowleged the fact that this is a down year for Russell, but we are still proudly cheering on the kids and enjoying ever win that we earn this year.

Go Devils! :devilflam

YA Think.
Wildcat89 Wrote:Going into the year there were many people talking about Russell not even winning 2,3, or maybe 4 games. As they play Fleming County this Friday, they will be going in with a record of 4-2.

4-2 seems to be a decent record compared to what many thought that it would be. We have ackowleged the fact that this is a down year for Russell, but we are still proudly cheering on the kids and enjoying ever win that we earn this year.

Go Devils! :devilflam

Very well said. They are exceeding the expectations of many. We are very proud of the Red Devils.
GOREDDEVILS Wrote:I don't think anyone who follows Russell football thought Russell would be a state title game contender before the season. Matter of fact I don't think anyone in the East will win the title.

The only team from the east that I can think of would be Belfry. I am basing that only on how they hung in the game against the east power house Ashland. Ashland is the real deal and Belfry hung with them.
Jeepman Wrote:The only team from the east that I can think of would be Belfry. I am basing that only on how they hung in the game against the east power house Ashland. Ashland is the real deal and Belfry hung with them.
Yeah Belfry may Be there but Louisville Central has played some teams that would Beat Ashland handily and faired decently so I still believe they are the team to beat even with 5 losses.
GOREDDEVILS Wrote:Yeah Belfry may Be there but Louisville Central has played some teams that would Beat Ashland handily and faired decently so I still believe they are the team to beat even with 5 losses.

I agree. No doubt about it. My point was that Belfry could be the best team in the east in 3-A.
this is one ticket this week that you'll get your money's worth. should be a dandy