Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who went on to play college ball from the 15th Region?
Just curious as to where some of the 15th Region Seniors went on to to play college ball? Lot of talent this past year, hope the ones who went on are doing well.
Corey adams --Carson -Newman tenn
Mike Conley--- Center college
mike dale ---Berea college
jake cyrus ---Pikeville college
INSIGHT Wrote:Corey adams --Carson -Newman tenn
Mike Conley--- Center college
mike dale ---Berea college
jake cyrus ---Pikeville college

How many are on scholarship? Is Conley the only one?
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:How many are on scholarship? Is Conley the only one?

DIII schools dont offer athletic scholarships.
Mr.Kimball Wrote:DIII schools dont offer athletic scholarships.

I know that, I thought he got most of his payed for through academics?
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:I know that, I thought he got most of his payed for through academics?

Oh, I have no idea what he got. I just knew they didn't offer athletic money.
Corey Adams is on scholarship.
Notre Dame Football…GO IRISH
Redneck Wrote:Corey Adams is on scholarship.

Actually, I am pretty sure he is kind of like a preferred walk-on at Carson Newman. Absolutely nothing wrong with that. It's a terrific school and I am sure he will do great there. I wish him all the best.
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:Actually, I am pretty sure he is kind of like a preferred walk-on at Carson Newman. Absolutely nothing wrong with that. It's a terrific school and I am sure he will do great there. I wish him all the best.

Carson Newman has an excellent catcher's coach. I have had the opportunity to meet him on several occasions. Corey will have the ability to grow into a very good catcher in that program.
First of all, please excuse me for the lack of information that I provide because I'm not very familiar with 15th region sports.
During the 2005(2006?) baseball season, Johnson Central had a pitcher that many pegged as one of the best around. I think he may have been left handed. I don't know his name, although if I read it it would probably spark a memory. Richardson is the name I draw, although I may be far off. Also, I remember a CF from Paintsville that impressed me.
On a side note, I remember a very enthusiastic older gentleman that coached Paintsville around that same time (2005-2006) that I personally would liked to have played for. He was up and down the left field foul line and to me, showed a love for the game I didn't see often. I believe he was very involved with the football program also.

I apologize if I have taken away from this thread in any way, but like anyone else I'm interested with keeping up with the players and coaches I have been involved with, if only in a small capacity.
Cope Wrote:First of all, please excuse me for the lack of information that I provide because I'm not very familiar with 15th region sports.
During the 2005(2006?) baseball season, Johnson Central had a pitcher that many pegged as one of the best around. I think he may have been left handed. I don't know his name, although if I read it it would probably spark a memory. Richardson is the name I draw, although I may be far off. Also, I remember a CF from Paintsville that impressed me.
On a side note, I remember a very enthusiastic older gentleman that coached Paintsville around that same time (2005-2006) that I personally would liked to have played for. He was up and down the left field foul line and to me, showed a love for the game I didn't see often. I believe he was very involved with the football program also.

I apologize if I have taken away from this thread in any way, but like anyone else I'm interested with keeping up with the players and coaches I have been involved with, if only in a small capacity.

In the 2005 season at Johnson Central, the pitcher you are talking about would have been Adam Blanton, but he was a right hander. However, he missed most of that season season due to fractures to a couple of vertebraes in his back. I assume you are an Ashland resident? He is the one that pitched against Ashland at Applebees in the state tournament in '04. Heath Castle was the last good lefty at JC and he graduated in 2000. Chase Richardson would have been a freshman in '05 and never really pitched a whole lot in his high school career. He was primarily a left fielder. The 2006 season had returning pitchers Justin Blanton and Matt Fyffe who were juniors that season, and in 2007 they both lead JC back to Applebees.

As for the coach at Paintsville, you are more than likely referring to Charlie Adkins. To say he was enthusiastic is probably sort of an understatement. lol
Charlie finished his career with over 800 wins and I think is probably 3rd all time in victories for Kentucky high school coaches. He was not involved with the football program at that time however.
Mr.Kimball Wrote:In the 2005 season at Johnson Central, the pitcher you are talking about would have been Adam Blanton, but he was a right hander. However, he missed most of that season season due to fractures to a couple of vertebraes in his back. I assume you are an Ashland resident? He is the one that pitched against Ashland at Applebees in the state tournament in '04. Heath Castle was the last good lefty at JC and he graduated in 2000. Chase Richardson would have been a freshman in '05 and never really pitched a whole lot in his high school career. He was primarily a left fielder. The 2006 season had returning pitchers Justin Blanton and Matt Fyffe who were juniors that season, and in 2007 they both lead JC back to Applebees.

As for the coach at Paintsville, you are more than likely referring to Charlie Adkins. To say he was enthusiastic is probably sort of an understatement. lol
Charlie finished his career with over 800 wins and I think is probably 3rd all time in victories for Kentucky high school coaches. He was not involved with the football program at that time however.

Not to correct you Kimball, but I have to say the more recent lefty was Brandon Pack. He may have been no where near as successful as Brandon Pack but he wasn't bad either. Charlie is enthusiastic to say the least, somewhat comical at times. A great coach though. The centerfielder might possibly be Daniel Pugh.
The Blue Blur Wrote:Not to correct you Kimball, but I have to say the more recent lefty was Brandon Pack. He may have been no where near as successful as Brandon Pack but he wasn't bad either. Charlie is enthusiastic to say the least, somewhat comical at times. A great coach though. The centerfielder might possibly be Daniel Pugh.

I meant no where near as successful as Heath Castle.
The Blue Blur Wrote:Not to correct you Kimball, but I have to say the more recent lefty was Brandon Pack. He may have been no where near as successful as Brandon Pack but he wasn't bad either. Charlie is enthusiastic to say the least, somewhat comical at times. A great coach though. The centerfielder might possibly be Daniel Pugh.

But your right. Brandon was a pretty good pitcher. We have not had many leftys. I will also say that he was one of the best centerfielders that I have seen play at Central.

And yes Daniel would have been Paintsville's CF in '05. He moved to SS the next season.