Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Most Feared Offense?
When entering a game, what offense is the most feared? Spread, Veer, Smashmouth, etc.
IMO it is the spread. With this type of offense there are alot of varations that are ran. Some run the ball alot out of the spread and then some pass the ball all over the place, but one draw back to the spead, is that you really dont control the clock like the veer and triple option does.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] [COLOR="Blue"][SIZE="5"]
That Pretty Much Sums It Up.....
[/SIZE][/COLOR]
Yea I think it would be the spread too bc you can just do so many things with it especcially if you have a dual threat QB.
Wildcat! Big Grin
Jshort5 Wrote:Wildcat! Big Grin

Do any high school teams run this offense? I know that Prestonsburg & Breathitt County did some last season.
I would go with a triple option that has a QB capable of making plays in the passing game.
College and Pros I would say it is the spread and maybe the Wildcat. As for high school and the normal talent levels I would say the triple option.
I would say the wildcat
A well executed wishbone, wing-t or run oriented offense that includes the veer or belly series with a mixture of the run..it beats you on the scoreboard with the points and clock and wears your "D" down physically and emotionally..its like a slow painful death..it keeps coming and you cant do anything about it until they score and a whole quarter is gone..
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Do any high school teams run this offense? I know that Prestonsburg & Breathitt County did some last season.

Well, Belfrys got the Thomcat,lolConfusedhh:
I would think it would be the smashmouth offense. I know everyone's talking about the wildcat and spread offense, but if I faced an opponent, I wouldn't want to face a team who could gain yards every play solely using their strength.

The smashmouth offense is predictable, but if they're gaining yards despite you putting all of your players in the box, how would you stop the offense? You can't. You can only hope you'll be lucky enough to make 3 really good defensive plays to force the opponent to punt.
The offense Estill County runs.
Protect_This_House26 Wrote:The offense Estill County runs.

Double Wing. Estill isnt the only team that runs it in the state
Strikeout King Wrote:Double Wing. Estill isnt the only team that runs it in the state

Yeah I know that. I just didn't know what the name was.
Protect_This_House26 Wrote:Yeah I know that. I just didn't know what the name was.

i know 2 other teams that run it thats here in the state but idk the rest. theres only a few though.
Spread all the way baby but you must know some other type of offense for clock management cause if you dont you better have a great and i mean great defense or the other team will score just as fast if not faster than you but i like the option too
The most feared is a good one.
the best offense is a good defense am i right DEFENSE WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS
Any system that takes full advantage of the kids that are running is one that will be more effective, both on offense and defense.
Twitter: @tc_analytics

Deathstar 80 Wrote:I would think it would be the smashmouth offense. I know everyone's talking about the wildcat and spread offense, but if I faced an opponent, I wouldn't want to face a team who could gain yards every play solely using their strength.

The smashmouth offense is predictable, but if they're gaining yards despite you putting all of your players in the box, how would you stop the offense? You can't. You can only hope you'll be lucky enough to make 3 really good defensive plays to force the opponent to punt.
Murray runs the wishbone pretty well they're averaging nearly 51 pts a game
Strikeout King Wrote:i know 2 other teams that run it thats here in the state but idk the rest. theres only a few though.

I'm pretty sure Morgan ran it this year. But its a tough offense to stop.
east ridge runs the double wing but if you dont have two fast backs it dont really work at all..
The bone, and its many variations, and the "Thom"Cat work pretty well for the Pirates.
warriors#55 Wrote:east ridge runs the double wing but if you dont have two fast backs it dont really work at all..

I don't agree with that. The backs in Ky that have ran the double wing were never really fast, maybe 4.8 speed or higher, however, i have seen times attempt to run the DW with an average to below average line, that makes for a bad Double Wing experience.
I would say the veer or belly. If a team can line up and just run the ball down your throat 4 or 5 yards at a time its frustrating.
There is really no simple way for me to answer this.But in my opinion all offense are fear but having a team that can defend them is the different story. If i had a group of fast kids, i would be well prepared for the spread. If i had a bunch of strong kids i would be ready for the smashmouth. If you had both then your ready for about anything. But I have to say the spread because it leaves a lot of room on the field to hit open targets.
the spread is dangerous with a smart quarter back...
Most Feared Offense??? The one with the best offensive line..
warriors#55 Wrote:east ridge runs the double wing but if you dont have two fast backs it dont really work at all..

are you serious? look at Estill County last year, they we're 2nd in the state in rushing with 4,700 yards. Covey and Benedict wasnt that fast, it was there strength to run over people. last years Estill team was the best team this school has ever seen.
ok ok come on if you have no speed then how you gonna get out of the backfield the line cant block everyone on the field