Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Morgan co. Stats on Khsaa
I saw Morgan co. a couple of weeks ago vs. Magoffin co.. I was impressed with the offensive syaytem they used. It looked like they were lined up toe to toe on the line in a Wing T. I did some research on their rushing stats posted on the Khsaa web site.Overall rushing #2 class 2a, Rushing leaders #9 Harvey in class 2a, Passing Defense ranked 10th overall in 2a, rushing defense ranked 12th overall in 2a. I overheard some fans at the game say before this year Morgan had lost 21 games in a row, WOW, This is a big improvement this season for Morgan co. I would like some more info. on this Wing T offense. I would like to learn more about it. I was always a 44 on defense and I also like the 4-3 Morgan co. runs. ANY INFO? Thanx:thanks:
It's not a wing T. It's double wing. Which is a very similar offence which severs the same point. You controll the ball in short bursts while using alot of clock. This also can keep the scores low to give yourself a chance to win late. The problem with it is whenever you get behind your options are almost gone. There are very few if any big plays you can get in this to catch back up without using time. All in all it's a good formation to keep games close while trying to build your program, but when you and your team are ready to win games late in the season you need an offence that won't be as physically abusive on your kids. All to often teams running these type of formations (double wing, wing t, wishbone) get physically drained during the season and aren't ready for long playoff runs. This is just my opinion not trying to put down any programs or hurt any feelings. I'm just a fan of the spread where the better players can make plays.
Don't get too excited. Very few schools post stats on KHSAA, thus these stats are not real. I've heard that no more than 1 out of every 10 schools actually post anything on KHSAA with the exception of the Final Score.
Thanx, It looked like the wing t. It is pretty much the same thing isn't it?
richardhead Wrote:thanx, it looked like the wing t. it is pretty much the same thing isn't it?

no it is not.
I know it makes very little difference, but it was not 21 in a row. In 2007, Morgan beat Magoffin Co. I know that is nit-picking, but I am a stickler for accuracy.

As far as Wing T and Double Wing, there are some differences in a few areas... but as a spectator they do resemble each other quite a bit, at times.

They are both very effective running offenses, when executed properly.

I have noticed the Wing T making a come back @ a lote of high schools across the country. Personally, I like Wish-bone and Spread "O".
theres a few schools that uses the Double Wing. Estill Co, Morgan Co, East Ridge to name a few. idk any of the other teams that use it